Windows 10: Windows 10 automatically logs into the wrong profile

Discus and support Windows 10 automatically logs into the wrong profile in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; My home PC, running Windows 10, automatically logs into my sons profile any time the computer is shutdown or restarted. I can't figure out how to... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by ShaneDakan, Feb 11, 2019.

1. Windows 10 automatically logs into the wrong profile

My home PC, running Windows 10, automatically logs into my sons profile any time the computer is shutdown or restarted. I can't figure out how to address this issue. It's especially odd because his profile is set to require a password but it automatically logs in when the computer boots back up.

:)

ShaneDakan, Feb 11, 2019

2. Logged in on wrong Xbox profile on Windows 10

So i tried logging in on my Xbox 360 account on the Windows 10 app, and it worked great, but the problem was that it logged me into the wrong xbox profile, as my main one has a different email. How do I fix this?

Martin Hilding, Feb 11, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Feb 11, 2019
  4. Windows 10 automatically logs into the wrong profile

CCC Profiles that disappear

id suggest a spyware check

eidairaman1, Feb 11, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 automatically logs into the wrong profile

1. Windows 10 automatically logs into the wrong profile - Similar Threads - automatically logs wrong

2. Wrong profile name displayed

in Windows 10 Customization
    Wrong profile name displayed: Hi, i noticed at times that windows has my son's name listed with his email for example at the top of the settings dashboard? Is that because he has somewhere logged in to his microsoft account on my desktop. How do i get rid of this and display my own details? Thank you....
  3. Windows 10 not transparent log on profile picture

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 not transparent log on profile picture: So I have this problem for 2 years now when I upgraded from Windows 10 1809 to 1903 the profile picture isn't transparent anymore can someone help me fix it? I'm still at version 1903 its still the default account picture. This problem is at my Lenovo laptop and this didn't...
  4. Windows 10 user automatically logging in?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 user automatically logging in?: I have 2 users on my desktop PC. Me (administrator) and my wife (not administrator). Both accounts are set up as hello PIN and both require PIN sign in at startup. On a fresh start, when my wife logs in, when she tries to shut down she is told that other users are active do...
  5. Temporary Profile Log In

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Temporary Profile Log In: When I log in I get a pop up that says I am logging in with a temporary profile and I can't access my Microsoft Office documents. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/temporary-profile-log-in/ba82d217-0ff4-477c-bf11-1f7d7ff01c1b"
  6. Installed Windows 10 with the wrong Master Profile / account

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Installed Windows 10 with the wrong Master Profile / account: Installed Windows 10 with a brand new computer ( linked below ) https://www.amazon.com/HP-Pavilion-Desktop-5-580-1TB/dp/B07JJ1ZFKH/?tag=thowisguy-20 Accidentally created a new account instead of logging in with my current / old Microsoft account on installation. I need...
  7. can't log on to my windows profile profile

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    can't log on to my windows profile profile: Hi there, I bought a reconditioned Win 10 pc, but it has come with a 'user' profile that auto logs on (ie no password required), but I can't log on as me as I don't have the 'user' password to change it.. Screen shot below [ATTACH] Is there a way to reset it? One assumes...
  8. Windows 10 Firewall logging on domain profile.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 Firewall logging on domain profile.: I am working on turning on the domain profile for Windows 10 via gpo. We have a relatively large environment and this has not been turned on for the domain profile in the past. So the current plan is turn on the Firewall with Policy and create an Any/Any rule for inbound...
  9. Automaticly log in

Automaticly log in: How do I setup my Win 10 to login automatically for every startup? I live alone and no one has access to my laptop. Thanks in advance. Rev. Larry https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/automaticly-log-in/95b71023-483e-4c56-b289-e1f00ce52d51
  10. Windows 10 logging in to profile

Windows 10 logging in to profile: I can't log into my profile on my PC after a windows update. I can log in to my wife's profile on the same PC and I can log in to my profile on another PC but not on my main one. Any ideas?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 logs into wrong profile

2. windows hello stand-alone computer