Windows 10: Windows 10 automatically resetting default apps

Discus and support Windows 10 automatically resetting default apps in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, This STILL seems to be an ongoing problem for many, many users and I'm not understanding why you guys don't seem to care. Windows 10 forces a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by kurtbrighton, Oct 10, 2019.

1. Windows 10 automatically resetting default apps

Hello,

This STILL seems to be an ongoing problem for many, many users and I'm not understanding why you guys don't seem to care.
    Windows 10 forces a change of your default apps to Edge, etc every time you reboot, instead of Firefox/Chrome, Adobe PDF, etc. which the user previously chose.

Please, please don't bother posting something about "How to change your default apps" as I will scream.

I know how to change my default apps. I know how to change my default apps because I have to do it every single time I boot up my machine because Windows 10 insists on taking the liberty of resetting them for me without asking.

We know you know about this bug(?) (perhaps to you guys it's a feature?) and it's insanely frustrating that every single time I turn on my computer I have to reset all MY defaults to the apps I WANT TO USE, and those do not now nor will they ever include Edge.
    TIA for doing something about a problem that affects your customers' satisfaction with using your product in such a basic, everyday use kind of way.

Cheers,

K

:)

kurtbrighton, Oct 10, 2019
  2. puma99dk| Win User

Windows 10 forgets default apps

I have noticed like not 5mins ago that Winamp just got kicked out of my default apps list in Windows 10 Pro.
    I installed this installation not max 3 weeks ago with fresh downloaded Windows 10 Pro using Microsoft Media Creation Tool, is there a way to fix this bcs I using sfc /scannow don't do a lot for me and I have run it before on this installation.

Before u ask, I have fully updated my Windows 10 with all non-insider/beta updates.

The only thing I have disabled is the uac prompt that popup when u need admin for applications to run bcs it's simply annoying.

I don't remember having all these problems with Windows 8.1 Pro when i was using that and I am really thinking about going back so I can have "fully control" over Windows again with like disabling all the admin crap bcs I feel like it's messing more up and makes things less useful in Windows 10 with all these small problems I have and I read a lot of ppl having problems with various things time and time again where they needed to reinstall Win10 over and over to get it to work fully.

Any advice on how I can get Windows 10 to just work as a "daily driver" without all these small annoying things? *Frown Windows 10 automatically resetting default apps :(

puma99dk|, Oct 10, 2019
  3. How to reset Windows 10 settings to default?

Hi,

As per your concern, some settings on Windows 10 have default options. You can reset Windows 10 to its defaults app by following this steps.

• Go to Settings.
    • Choose System.
    • On the left side, select Default app.

Windows 10 automatically resetting default apps ea3e6a93-7042-4c55-9b4e-a912780c3b97.png

• Under Reset to the Microsoft recommended defaults, click Reset.
    Regarding your concern with default button on each setting, you have a great idea. We suggest that you share your comments on our Windows Feedback hub for us to improve our services. Simply type
    Windows Feedback on the Start menu.

Should you have further questions, feel free to get back to us.

Monica Cam, Oct 10, 2019
  4. seoras Win User

Windows 10 automatically resetting default apps

Default apps being reset by Windows

Has anyone else experienced default apps in windows 10 being automatically reset?

It seems to dislike VLC and Irfanview and resets defaults to Microsoft apps.

seoras, Oct 10, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 automatically resetting default apps

1. Windows 10 automatically resetting default apps - Similar Threads - automatically resetting default

2. hot to prevent Windows 10 from automatically resetting my default apps ?

in Windows 10 Customization
    hot to prevent Windows 10 from automatically resetting my default apps ?: hello windos 10 pro keep resseting my defaukt apps that i want to use automaticly how i can stop this problem ? my win version : 20H2 os build 19042.870...
  3. App default was reset

App default was reset: Windows is showing App default was reset again and again , even though no changes were done by me then also it is showing notification as App default was reset https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/app-default-was-reset/8235d04e-8ce2-4eaa-88d4-d5012b6c5d14
  4. An app default was reset

An app default was reset: A few days ago this message appeared in my notification. An app default was reset. An app caused a problem with the default app setting for .raw so it was reset to Photos Now start up and sign in are sometime slow/sluggish and sometimes before sign in i get a momentary...
  5. Default Windows app are crashing automatically?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Default Windows app are crashing automatically?: After installing new OS windows 10 I am continuously facing this problem. How to fix it. Not just photos, all windows default application. Except for browser. I had already tried all these options and nothing worked....
  6. "An App Default was Reset"

"An App Default was Reset": I would like to prevent Win10 from resetting my default apps for a given file extension. Either the chance to approve any changes to my default apps, such as we had in previous Windows versions, or to find the app reset "feature" and break it beyond repair disable it...
  7. Windows 10 keeps resetting default apps

Windows 10 keeps resetting default apps: At least once a week, I have to manually reset the default apps for Photos, Video, and PDF files. The keep getting reset to 'none'. It is not that they are being hijacked by a microsoft app, but rather they just lose the setting altogether. I do not use Edge at all, though...
  8. Reset taskbar apps to default - Windows 10

Reset taskbar apps to default - Windows 10: Hi, I am using an Acer Spin 1 on Windows 10 Home, and I would like to reset my taskbar apps to the default Windows layout. Is there a way to do this without resetting my computer somehow? Thank you to whoever can help me with this issue....
  9. Windows 10 keeps reseting default apps

Windows 10 keeps reseting default apps: Hello, I'm a IT support technician in a group where we have several hundred of machines with windows 10 1709 Installed (16299.492). I have a problem with a few of them (not all) : Everytime we restart the PC, windows decides to revert the defaults app to default, IE .pdf...
  10. App defaults resetting

App defaults resetting: How can I lock my defaults and prohibit Windows 10 from resetting them? Why isn't there a simple checkbox to lock defaults? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/app-defaults-resetting/77707996-8b34-444a-9c68-678d2dfebe69

Users found this page by searching for:

1. default apps keeps resetting

2. windows start automatically resetting

3. how do i stop win 10 updates from resseting all my applications and passwords?