Windows 10: Windows 10 automatically updated and moved all of my apps - crashing the drive

Discus and support Windows 10 automatically updated and moved all of my apps - crashing the drive in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; In an automatic update- which took over 2 hours to restart- to "Boot device not found" ERROR. it lost the operating system. So after running system... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Jodie_975, May 20, 2024.

1. Jodie_975 Win User

Windows 10 automatically updated and moved all of my apps - crashing the drive

In an automatic update- which took over 2 hours to restart- to "Boot device not found" ERROR. it lost the operating system. So after running system diagnostics, got access back to operating system to find the update had moved all of my apps and programme files back to my C Drive- C:\User files- crashing it because it was too full !!! ****So I had previously moved apps and programs to D: to free up space- and changed control panel settings for all new apps to be installed to D:update has undone this- and locked me out of accessing these apps. Error says The file directory is corrupted and unrea

:)

Jodie_975, May 20, 2024

2. Vista Automatic Updating Error

Automatic Updates isn't currently running.

DistantDeath, May 20, 2024
  3. bigscale Win User
    windows automatic updates

i have some questions about the windows automatic updates in windows xp pro w sp/2. ive got about forty updates they recommend , mostly for security but i only installed two today. after installing them i found them in my add/remove programs in the control panel, if i add all these updates that is a lot of space on my hd almost 1 gig. i thought that updates just updated files and not created new programs. should i innore all these update suggestions from microsoft?

bigscale, May 20, 2024
  4. jbunch07 Win User

Vista Automatic Updating Error

Resolution Suggestion:

# To resolve this problem, make sure that BITS and the Automatic Updates service are started..

A simple solution but one that works in most circumstances!

1. Click Start, click Run, type services.msc, and then click OK.

2. In the list of services, right-click Automatic Updates, and then click Properties.

3. In the Startup type list, click Automatic, and then click Apply.

4. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

5. Right-click Background Intelligent Transfer Service, and then click Properties.

6. In the Startup type list, click Manual, and then click Apply.

7. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

http://www.updatexp.com/0x80070422.html- source *Smile Windows 10 automatically updated and moved all of my apps - crashing the drive :) hope that helps.

jbunch07, May 20, 2024
Thema:

1. Windows 10 automatically updated and moved all of my apps - crashing the drive - Similar Threads - automatically updated moved

2. Windows 10 automatically updated and moved all of my apps - crashing the drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 automatically updated and moved all of my apps - crashing the drive: In an automatic update- which took over 2 hours to restart- to "Boot device not found" ERROR. it lost the operating system. So after running system diagnostics, got access back to operating system to find the update had moved all of my apps and programme files back to my C...
  3. Windows 10 automatically updated and moved all of my apps - crashing the drive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 automatically updated and moved all of my apps - crashing the drive: In an automatic update- which took over 2 hours to restart- to "Boot device not found" ERROR. it lost the operating system. So after running system diagnostics, got access back to operating system to find the update had moved all of my apps and programme files back to my C...
  4. all apps on windows 10 are crashing after update

all apps on windows 10 are crashing after update: I used windows 11 but after update the windows apps are not working so i install windows 10 but i face the same problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/all-apps-on-windows-10-are-crashing-after-update/9e8219e7-51a3-4023-a4c2-736ea6e2315c
  5. all apps on windows 10 are crashing after update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    all apps on windows 10 are crashing after update: I used windows 11 but after update the windows apps are not working so i install windows 10 but i face the same problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/all-apps-on-windows-10-are-crashing-after-update/9e8219e7-51a3-4023-a4c2-736ea6e2315c
  6. All windows apps crashes in my system

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All windows apps crashes in my system: My Windows 11 apps crashes everytime I use it. I update the system to its latest and update all pending updates in store and still crashes. I cant use it at all....
  7. All windows apps crashes in my system

All windows apps crashes in my system: My Windows 11 apps crashes everytime I use it. I update the system to its latest and update all pending updates in store and still crashes. I cant use it at all....
  8. Windows 10 21h1 update crashes all apps on start

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 21h1 update crashes all apps on start: All apps except Edge, Firefox and Visual Studio for some reason will crash a few seconds after start. First the interface stops working, then the app crashes.I haven't installed or changed anything in the settings and this bug appeared after installing the new update. Any...
  9. Windows 10 crashes when I move my mouse at all

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 crashes when I move my mouse at all: I have been trying to figure this out by looking everywhere and I cant find anything to help me out in this situation. When ever i move my mouse a little bit my pc just completely crashes and it restarts. I cant move my mouse to try and update or see if I have to update my...
  10. Move Apps to another Drive in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Move Apps to another Drive in Windows 10: How to: Move Apps to another Drive in Windows 10 How to Move Apps to another Drive in Windows 10 In Windows 10, users can move their installed Windows apps from the Store to another drive. The default location is This PC on the Windows C: drive in the...