Windows 10: Windows 10 automatically upgraded me to Windows 11

Discus and support Windows 10 automatically upgraded me to Windows 11 in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; You heard the title, I was updating windows and my internet is pretty fast and by the time I came back it was "Downloading Windows 11 22H2 98 percent"... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/DBZCoolGuy67, May 8, 2023.

1. Windows 10 automatically upgraded me to Windows 11

You heard the title, I was updating windows and my internet is pretty fast and by the time I came back it was "Downloading Windows 11 22H2 98 percent" and ofc no cancel option. Then it restarted my PC and boom Windows 11. I checked to see if I could rollback but no, no option. Pretty shitty Microsoft.

submitted by /u/DBZCoolGuy67
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/DBZCoolGuy67, May 8, 2023
  2. P4-630 Win User

Microsoft to push automatic Windows 10 upgrades in 2016

"Microsoft has announced that Windows 10 will be automatically rolled out next year to all users of its older operating systems who have selected to receive updates.

Until now, users of Windows 7 and 8 have needed to register to upgrade to Windows 10. But that's about to change: soon the OS will be listed as an 'Optional Update' and -- from 2016 -- a 'recommended' update that will automatically install itself, if users have opted to receive updates in that way.*Shadedshun :shadedshu:

You can opt out of automatic updates to avoid this, but Microsoftsays that "we strongly discourage this in today’s connected world because of the constant risk of internet threats". You can also change your Windows Update settings to install critical updates but not recommended ones. Although it's still going to be possible to avoid installation, Microsoft seems quite determined for everyone to be using Windows 10 in near future.

The roll-out of reserved updates was initially staggered but, according to Microsoft, now Windows "will automatically kick off the upgrade process once you have made a reservation".

As an intermediate stage, Microsoft says that it will "soon" publish Windows 10 as an optional update, not installed by default, but accessible to all users.
    "

http://www.wired.co.uk/news/archive...rade-to-be-rolled-out-automatically-next-year

P4-630, May 8, 2023
  3. Nordic Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, May 8, 2023
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 automatically upgraded me to Windows 11

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 8, 2023
Thema:

Windows 10 automatically upgraded me to Windows 11

1. Windows 10 automatically upgraded me to Windows 11 - Similar Threads - automatically upgraded

2. Windows 11 Home Won't Automatically Upgrade to Windows 11 Pro After Store Purchase

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Home Won't Automatically Upgrade to Windows 11 Pro After Store Purchase: Title says it all!!! But, in addition, when trying to look for support on Microsoft to just talk to a Microsoft tech support agent online, I can't seem to find where to get a hold of someone. I keep getting redirected to knowledge base articles no matter which direction I go...
  3. Windows 11 Home Won't Automatically Upgrade to Windows 11 Pro After Store Purchase

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Home Won't Automatically Upgrade to Windows 11 Pro After Store Purchase: Title says it all!!! But, in addition, when trying to look for support on Microsoft to just talk to a Microsoft tech support agent online, I can't seem to find where to get a hold of someone. I keep getting redirected to knowledge base articles no matter which direction I go...
  4. Windows 11 automatically upgrading and installs, After reverting from Win 11 to Win 10

Windows 11 automatically upgrading and installs, After reverting from Win 11 to Win 10: I upgraded to Windows 11 last week, after I am getting multiple error and facing issue so I could revert to Windows 10 within hour. It didn't it took me about 1-2 hours to determine that I preferred Windows 10. Upon reverting to from 11 to 10, I am now greeted with a popup...
  5. Windows 11 automatically upgrading and installs, After reverting from Win 11 to Win 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 automatically upgrading and installs, After reverting from Win 11 to Win 10: I upgraded to Windows 11 last week, after I am getting multiple error and facing issue so I could revert to Windows 10 within hour. It didn't it took me about 1-2 hours to determine that I preferred Windows 10. Upon reverting to from 11 to 10, I am now greeted with a popup...
  6. I have windows 10 pro 22H2. Will upgrade to windows11 automatically load Win 11 pro? Thanks

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have windows 10 pro 22H2. Will upgrade to windows11 automatically load Win 11 pro? Thanks: I have windows 10 pro 22H2. Will upgrade to windows11 automatically load Win 11 pro? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-windows-10-pro-22h2-will-upgrade-to/6409d1d4-fb38-4210-9870-900b29409543
  7. I have windows 10 pro 22H2. Will upgrade to windows11 automatically load Win 11 pro? Thanks

I have windows 10 pro 22H2. Will upgrade to windows11 automatically load Win 11 pro? Thanks: I have windows 10 pro 22H2. Will upgrade to windows11 automatically load Win 11 pro? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-windows-10-pro-22h2-will-upgrade-to/6409d1d4-fb38-4210-9870-900b29409543
  8. Windows 11 21H2 is reaching end of support and devices will be upgraded automatically

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 11 21H2 is reaching end of support and devices will be upgraded automatically: Microsoft's Windows 11 version 21H2 operating system is reaching end of support on October 10, 2023. The Windows 11 version will receive a last batch of security updates on the day before it put to rest by Microsoft. In other words, devices that still run the...
  9. How do I regrant access to shared files after computer did an unwanted automatic upgrade to...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I regrant access to shared files after computer did an unwanted automatic upgrade to...: My work computer automatically updated to Windows 11, after I told it not to, over the weekend. When I came in today, none of the other computers on the network could access the shared files. I was able to revert back to Windows 10, but my shared files are still saying they...
  10. How do I regrant access to shared files after computer did an unwanted automatic upgrade to...

How do I regrant access to shared files after computer did an unwanted automatic upgrade to...: My work computer automatically updated to Windows 11, after I told it not to, over the weekend. When I came in today, none of the other computers on the network could access the shared files. I was able to revert back to Windows 10, but my shared files are still saying they...