Windows 10: Windows 10 automatically wakes from the sleep mode

Discus and support Windows 10 automatically wakes from the sleep mode in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Whenever I put my pc in sleep mode, it suddenly wakes up. I have no idea why this problem happens very often.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Rahim Hashimov, Jan 15, 2021.

1. Windows 10 automatically wakes from the sleep mode

Whenever I put my pc in sleep mode, it suddenly wakes up. I have no idea why this problem happens very often.

:)

Rahim Hashimov, Jan 15, 2021

2. PC waking up automatically from sleep mode

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that the PC is waking from sleep mode as soon as you set it for sleep mode.

I appreciate your efforts in trying to find out that the issue is due to the wireless mouse and keyboard you are using.

1. Are you aware of any changes made to the PC prior to which you weren’t facing this issue?
    2. Which build version of Windows 10 are you using currently?

Refer the article
    Which version of Windows operating system am I running?

Meanwhile, I would suggest you to check the power management tab for the driver and see if that helps.

1. Press Windows key + R. This will open Run. Alternatively, you can go to Start and search for ‘Run’.
    2. In Run dialog box, type ‘devmgmt.msc’ and hit enter.
    3. Expand the Keyboard and Mouse drivers.
    4. Double-click on the drivers and click on Power Management tab.
    5. Un-check the box next to Allow this device to wake the computer.
    6. Click on OK and close the device manager.

Try putting the PC to sleep mode and then check if the PC is waking up automatically.

If the issue persists, please get back to us with the details of the troubleshooting steps to assist you further.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Jan 15, 2021
  3. Waking from sleep mode

Hi Kenneth,

For us to narrow down your concern with waking up your computer from sleep mode, we would like to know the following:

• Aside from Windows Update. were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue?
    • Is this the first time you experienced the issue?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Send us a screenshot of your screen when you wake up your computer from sleep mode.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Jan 15, 2021
  4. Chadi Win User

Windows 10 automatically wakes from the sleep mode

ASUS Laptop Won't Wake from Sleep Mode

OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
    Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363
    System Manufacturer ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.
    System Model UX490UAR
    System Type x64-based PC
    SMBIOS Version 3.0

Problem: about 80% of the time, my laptop won't wake up from sleep mode via keyboard press or mouse move/click. I seem to be missing many common features in power plan too, even after fresh Windows 10 install.

Troubleshooting Steps:

1. Reinstalled Windows 10 (clean)
    2. Updated all drivers
    3. Replicated on multiple Windows 10 versions, updates
    4. BIOS latest version
    5. No USB devices attached, ever. Only USB-C power and bluetooth mouse
    6. Disabled "fast startup" in control panel

Windows 10 automatically wakes from the sleep mode [​IMG]

Chadi, Jan 15, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 automatically wakes from the sleep mode

1. Windows 10 automatically wakes from the sleep mode - Similar Threads - automatically wakes sleep

2. PC wakes up automatically from Sleep mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC wakes up automatically from Sleep mode: Hi, I have Windows 10 version 2004 and earlier it didn't go to sleep mode after closing the lid,I did in place upgrade. Now that problem is solved. But new problem is that Laptop wakes up from sleep mode automatically just a few seconds after I put it to sleep mode. However...
  3. Waking from sleep mode.

Waking from sleep mode.: After a Windows 10 update four days ago, my desktop computer won't wake up after going into sleep mode. The only way I have been able to cope with this is to unplug the power for several seconds. How can I fix the problem so that touching the keyboard or mouse will wake up...
  4. My sleep mode wakes up automatically

My sleep mode wakes up automatically: How do you keep the computer in sleep mode until you want to wake it up https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-sleep-mode-wakes-up-automatically/ac9fe4b8-cd01-49d3-8b2e-7df756b45e4c
  5. Wake up from sleep mode

Wake up from sleep mode: Using a Acer desktop with the latest version of Windows 10. My monitor will not wake from the sleep mode. Montior is a HP w17e. Pc is set to sleep after 20 minutes and monitor is set to never sleep but goes to sleep when PC does. PC will wake just fine but monitor will...
  6. PC waking up automatically from sleep mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC waking up automatically from sleep mode: On my Win 10 64 desktop PC, the monitor goes to sleep as per settings then immediately wakes. Have tried different solutions without any success. The only thing that works if I remove MS wireless mouse 5000/keyboard 3050 transceiver. Then the monitor stays asleep (of course,...
  7. waking up from sleep mode

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    waking up from sleep mode: how do I do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/waking-up-from-sleep-mode/b4ff1b9a-ea46-4a3a-975c-1d05f338aeae"
  8. Windows 10 wake up from sleep automatically

Windows 10 wake up from sleep automatically: Windows 10 wakes up from sleep automatically...i changed the option in sign in options to PC wakes from sleep https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-wake-up-from-sleep-automatically/38e1faf4-90b2-415d-830d-d6d266b326dd
  9. Will Windows 10 wake a computer automatically if it is in Sleep or Hibernation mode to...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Will Windows 10 wake a computer automatically if it is in Sleep or Hibernation mode to...: The goal is to have all of my computers either in Sleep or Hibernation mode after hours but have them wake up to install Windows Updates when they are available. If I have the computers Shut Down at the end of the day, the end user can get stuck with Windows Updates...
  10. Not wake up from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Support
    Not wake up from sleep mode: My box does not wake up from "sleep" mode. I tried wake-up with keyboard and power button, but not worked. The psecs of my box is here; OS: windows 10 pro x64 CPU: i7-920 Motherboard: Asus P5X58D Premium Memory: G Skill F3-12800CL9-2GBNQ 2G x 6 Graphics Card(s): Nvidia...