Windows 10: Windows 10 Autoplay corrupted: empty options, restore not possible

Discus and support Windows 10 Autoplay corrupted: empty options, restore not possible in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, I hope somebody can support me here:After the installation of some photo editing software on my wife's computer all the autoplay options are either... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by innergetic, Dec 30, 2021.

1. Windows 10 Autoplay corrupted: empty options, restore not possible

Hi, I hope somebody can support me here:After the installation of some photo editing software on my wife's computer all the autoplay options are either gone or overwritten.See pictureWindows 10 Autoplay corrupted: empty options, restore not possible :please note, that I'm using the German version, but the German community was not very constructive on the matter.There are absolutely no options for flash drives, it is similar for the other devices.What I've done so far:- I've deleted the software that was installed- I tried to restore the options via the button in the menu, but to no avail- I checked for viruses etc.-I performed sfc /scannowI could roughly lo

:)

innergetic, Dec 30, 2021

2. autoplay doesn't work after loading windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

Please do let us know if you have installed all the pending updates on your device.

Also, check with the sound drivers as well.

I suggest you to check with the setting for AutoPlay and check if it helps.

Even if you have turned on the AutoPlay option, there might be some option chosen Choose AutoPlay defaults. I suggest you to check with those options.

Steps:

• Press Windows key, type AutoPlay and click on AutoPlay settings.
    • To enable AutoPlay, move the Use AutoPlay for all media and devices button to On.
    • Next you can choose and set your AutoPlay defaults.
    For Removable drives, the following options are available from the drop-down menu:

• Take no action
    • Open folder to view files
    • Ask me every time
    • Configure this drive for backup (File History)
    • Configure storage settings (Settings).

For Memory Cards, the options available are:

• Play video files using alternate
      software
    • Play using Windows Media Player
    • Take no action
    • Open folder to view files
    • Ask me every time.
    Set your options and exit.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of the issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Dec 30, 2021
  3. PhilOwers Win User
    Windows 10 Autoplay

Have you checked the specific Autoplay settings for CDs an DVDs including the program\file associations for the different kinds of media they can hold? Windows has to know what to do with different file types, e.g. MP3s, MP4s JPGs etc.

Type 'Autoplay' into the Search Box on the Windows Task Bar and launch the Control Panel Autoplay Settings screen to check the settings thoroughly.

I also have a problem with autoplay in win 10. The DVD starts up then stops, however if I go into file explorer and then click on THIS PC the DVD starts up again and I get a message asking me what to do with the DVD.

I have tried

Follow these steps to stop and start the Plug and Play service.

• Press Windows key + R top open
      Run command

• Type services.msc and hit
      Enter

• Search for Plug and Play service. Check if it shows
      running next to it as the status.

• If yes, right click on the service and click on
      stop

• Now, again right click on it and click on
      start.

Also make sure that the AutoPlay option is
    enabled
    on your computer. Follow the steps provided below:

• Press Windows + X key.

• Select Control panel.

• Double click on AutoPlay option.

• Check on the box, Use AutoPlay for all media and devices.
    and to no avail.

This laptop has a clean Win 10 installed but another laptop had an upgrade to win 10 and that works OK

Any Ideas

Thank

In the autoplay option from the control panel the AUTOPLAY option is enabled and all others in the list to use the default option.

Any other ideas please as I may have to clean build and start again

Thanks Phil

PhilOwers, Dec 30, 2021
  4. AVJohnnie Win User

Windows 10 Autoplay corrupted: empty options, restore not possible

Autoplay promt not showing in windows 10

This suggestion did not work - the Autoplay setting is already correct (and already set as suggested). Autoplay worked perfectly in Window 8.1/Pro (64Bit/w Media Center) before the Windows 10 Pro/64Bit upgrade was applied. I'm not interested in hearing
    about doing a clean install of Windows 10 either - especially when the problem did not exist prior to installing the Windows 10 upgrade. I have reimaged (image restored) the system back to Windows 8.1 twice, then allowed it to upgrade again to Windows 10-Pro/64
    - Same result ... Autoplay for removable media & devices is killed by doing the Windows 10 upgrade...

Next suggestion please...

AVJohnnie, Dec 30, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 Autoplay corrupted: empty options, restore not possible

1. Windows 10 Autoplay corrupted: empty options, restore not possible - Similar Threads - Autoplay corrupted empty

2. Autoplay option not available

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Autoplay option not available: Having recently got a new computer with w11 and installed some old programs. For years now I've used the old Windows Essentials Photo Gallery as the app to launch when I insert a camera memory card. On windows 10 I was able to set the Autoplay option to import using Photo...
  3. Windows 7 Autoplay options

Windows 7 Autoplay options: I recently installed Media Player Classic https://github.com/clsid2/mpc-hc and now the Windows Media player option in my Windows 7 autoplay for DVD Movie and Enhance DVD Movie opens Media Player Classic instead of Windows media player. How do i fix this without uninstalling...
  4. Windows 7 Autoplay options

Windows 7 Autoplay options: I recently installed Media Player Classic https://github.com/clsid2/mpc-hc and now the Windows Media player option in my Windows 7 autoplay for DVD Movie and Enhance DVD Movie opens Media Player Classic instead of Windows media player. How do i fix this without uninstalling...
  5. Windows 7 Autoplay options

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. Windows 10 Autoplay corrupted: empty options, restore not possible

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Autoplay corrupted: empty options, restore not possible: Hi, I hope somebody can support me here:After the installation of some photo editing software on my wife's computer all the autoplay options are either gone or overwritten.See picture:Please note, that I'm using the German version, but the German community was not very...
  7. Windows 10 Autoplay corrupted: empty options, restore not possible

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Autoplay corrupted: empty options, restore not possible: Hi, I hope somebody can support me here:After the installation of some photo editing software on my wife's computer all the autoplay options are either gone or overwritten.See picture:Please note, that I'm using the German version, but the German community was not very...
  8. How to restore Autoplay ?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to restore Autoplay ?: Autoplay used to work well for permanently connected drives, whose power could be turned ON and OFF for the one connected by SATA and for the other the USB connection could be toggled. Now they do not Autoplay. I have checked the configurations of Control Panel, Settings,...
  9. Restore Autoplay Option: Import pictures and videos using Windows

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Restore Autoplay Option: Import pictures and videos using Windows: I and others have asked this question before, but no luck so far. The Photos app is terrible, I've gone back to Windows Photo Viewer using the excellent tutorial. Windows Photo Viewer - Restore in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums Is there a way to go back to Import...
  10. Backup and Restore AutoPlay Settings in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Backup and Restore AutoPlay Settings in Windows 10: How to: Backup and Restore AutoPlay Settings in Windows 10 How to Backup and Restore AutoPlay Settings in Windows 10 AutoPlay lets you choose an action for different kinds of media when you plug in a device or insert media. You can set AutoPlay to open different kinds...