Windows 10: Windows 10 autounattend xml installation problem

Discus and support Windows 10 autounattend xml installation problem in Windows 10 Virtualization to solve the problem; Hi guys, I have a problem with autounattend XML install. Basically, I have a Windows image that is downloaded from MS and edited to skip all steps for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Virtualization' started by radoslav, Dec 20, 2020.

1. radoslav Win User

Windows 10 autounattend xml installation problem

Hi guys, I have a problem with autounattend XML install. Basically, I have a Windows image that is downloaded from MS and edited to skip all steps for setup. The windows boots and wipe the hard drive created partitions, select language, and created one admin account with the password. The image work when I test it on a laptop and everything seems fine. The image is not working on Virtual box or Hyper- V, when it's, starts on the parts that create partitions I received that error:
    windows could not create a partition on disk 0 the error occurred while applaying the auto unnatednd asnwer file's < DiskConffiguration>Setting. Error code: 0x80042565 . The main issue is that I set up a TFTP server and crated WinPE to boot from the samba server where the image is so that I can boot it from the network. When I tested the image from the server it's finding the image and start the setup but I receive the same error with the creation of the partitions like on a virtual machine. With a flash drive, it works I don't know what might be the problem if someone has an idea?

:)

radoslav, Dec 20, 2020

2. Windows 10 autounattend xml installation problem

Ok, that's a good start.

Your answer file is made for a Gen 2 Hyper-V. It won't work on Gen 1.

Verify the settings I have outlined in the image below:

Windows 10 autounattend xml installation problem [​IMG]

NOTE: I have not looked at the answer file in detail. If you are still having difficulty, I'll look closer, but for now, time for sleep. It's 0500 here *Smile

hsehestedt, Dec 20, 2020
  3. radoslav Win User

Hyper V gen2 configurations are like yours but when I start the VM I get that error:
    Windows 10 autounattend xml installation problem [​IMG]

I have done one more thing to the image, I loaded the image with NTLITE and there is an option explore mount directory basically there you can add a folder with files so when the image is installed for example you can have it in C:\CustomFolder with files and after that, with the program, you created the ISO file.

radoslav, Dec 20, 2020
  4. radoslav Win User

Hi guys, I have a problem with autounattend XML install. Basically, I have a Windows image that is downloaded from MS and edited to skip all steps for setup. The windows boots and wipe the hard drive created partitions, select language, and created one admin account with the password. The image work when I test it on a laptop and everything seems fine. The image is not working on Virtual box or Hyper- V, when it's, starts on the parts that create partitions I received that error:
    windows could not create a partition on disk 0 the error occurred while applaying the auto unnatednd asnwer file's < DiskConffiguration>Setting. Error code: 0x80042565 . The main issue is that I set up a TFTP server and crated WinPE to boot from the samba server where the image is so that I can boot it from the network. When I tested the image from the server it's finding the image and start the setup but I receive the same error with the creation of the partitions like on a virtual machine. With a flash drive, it works I don't know what might be the problem if someone has an idea?

radoslav, Dec 20, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 autounattend xml installation problem - Similar Threads - autounattend xml installation

2. Autounattend with no product key?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Autounattend with no product key?: Hi all. My first post here so please bear with me. I found the installation tutorials on this forum very useful and I've been using unattended setups for a while now. My question is about the product key section of the autounattend file. In Windows 10 ver 2004 and earlier I...
  3. XML Files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    XML Files: Hi folks! Just registered to this forum and glad to have found it. So I was installing Ubuntu on my computer which already had windows 10.I wanted to have a dual OS. Things went south and windows got deleted/ over written or whatever. I used a hard drive recovery device to...
  4. Creating autounattend

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Creating autounattend: Hi all, i have this issue while trying to install win 10 on my elitepad tablet. It boots up but i am unable to touch anything. Because usb hub cost stupid +200$ i though of creating unattend.xml file. But to my surprise it dont work. Does anyone of you have tips or...
  5. Windows 10 autounattend xml installation problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 autounattend xml installation problem: Hi guys, I have a problem with autounattend XML install. Basically, I have a Windows image that is downloaded from MS and edited to skip all steps for setup. The windows boots and wipe the hard drive created partitions, select language, and created one admin account with the...
  6. Autounattend doesnt work

Autounattend doesnt work: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?> <unattend xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:unattend"> <settings pass="windowsPE"> <component name="Microsoft-Windows-International-Core-WinPE" processorArchitecture="amd64" publicKeyToken="31bf3856ad364e35" language="neutral"...
  7. Autounattend help

Autounattend help: Hi! I'm trying to use the autounattend.xml file for the first time and I have some questions about it. The first question is why the privacy settings appear twice (it appears before login with the created user, and after logon with that user). The second question is why my...
  8. Windows 10 autounattend file - unable to read product key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 autounattend file - unable to read product key: I've tried only creating an answer file with just the product key and it works with no issues however when I try to follow the guide here -> Create media for automated unattended install of Windows 10 i am getting "unable to read product key" not quite sure where i'm making...
  9. xml

in Windows 10 Customization
    xml: what is xml and how can I modify it. My windows media player was working alright then it stopped. When I did troubleshooting, I was told a software has changed the XML to SXL. Any help?...
  10. Problem when opening xml file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem when opening xml file: I have a small program, which uses a number of xml files. The program is not working properly and I suspect that is due to a problem with one of the xml files. When I click on any except one of those files it opens in a MS Edge (the default Windows 10 browser) window and all...