Windows 10: Windows 10 - available WiFi networks disappear

Discus and support Windows 10 - available WiFi networks disappear in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I’m having wifi connection issues with Windows 10, that hopefully someone can help me with. On startup, I try to switch my wifi connection from 2G... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by LukeCapitani, May 20, 2020.

1. Windows 10 - available WiFi networks disappear

I’m having wifi connection issues with Windows 10, that hopefully someone can help me with.

On startup, I try to switch my wifi connection from 2G default to 5G - via the taskbar - which normally works. However, in the last day or so, I’m finding that after I select 5G, it seems to get stuck on “connecting to network” but doesn’t progress. After this window is minimised, it no longer displays any available networks, even if I go via Windows key+X to bring up Network Connections menu that way.

Ive tried:

-Ensuring Network Discovery is switched on

-Rolling back my Network Adapter via Device Manager

Nothing has worked so far.

Does anyone have any advice on this?

Many thanks.

:)

LukeCapitani, May 20, 2020
  2. Bree Win User

WiFi appears in Manage Known Networks, not in Show Available Networks

The list of WiFi connections shown when you click the WiFi icon in the taskbar is a list of all the signals that can currently be seen by the WiFi adapter. The list in Manage Known Networks is a list of all those you have previously successfully connected to, whether or not they are currently available.

The only plausible explanation is that for a while that WiFi signal had been turned off.

3. One of the available wifi networks keeps disappearing

Hi All

I am using Windows 10.

I have been facing a weird issue one of my available wifi networks disappears and appears time to time. When it is disappeared on my PC, I checked and it is shown on other devices and PCs.

Please help

WaqasDawood, May 20, 2020
  4. m3110w Win User

Windows 10 - available WiFi networks disappear

Wifi network not appearing after recent Win 10 monthly patch

Someone else on another forum suggested I switch the wifi freq on my Android Nexus 5x. So I switched it from 5ghz to 2.4 and it worked! Problem solved. Now my Nexus hotspot is again appearing in my Win 10 list of available wifi networks. So problem was with Android and not Windows.

m3110w, May 20, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 - available WiFi networks disappear

1. Windows 10 - available WiFi networks disappear - Similar Threads - available WiFi networks

2. Windows 11 PC wifi /network availability options disappeared

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 PC wifi /network availability options disappeared: I can no longer access internet as I use my mobile hotspot so can’t use trouble shoot option directly to my laptop.I am using an Apple IPad to post so I know not issue with mobile hotspot connectivity.Network adapter shows Intel wireless AC 9560. Are there any known...
  3. Windows 11 PC wifi /network availability options disappeared

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 PC wifi /network availability options disappeared: I can no longer access internet as I use my mobile hotspot so can’t use trouble shoot option directly to my laptop.I am using an Apple IPad to post so I know not issue with mobile hotspot connectivity.Network adapter shows Intel wireless AC 9560. Are there any known...
  4. Available networks disappear

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Available networks disappear: Hi, I have a Lenovo laptop and this problem started since I installed some optional updates from Windows Update. Now my laptop barely receives internet signal even when I am next to the router. Now the problem is that I can see the available networks for a minute and then it...
  5. Available networks disappear

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Available networks disappear: Hi, I have a Lenovo laptop and this problem started since I installed some optional updates from Windows Update. Now my laptop barely receives internet signal even when I am next to the router. Now the problem is that I can see the available networks for a minute and then it...
  6. Available networks disappear

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. No available wifi networks

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No available wifi networks: I have an Acer Swift 3 laptop, which I just recently repaired keyboard wasn't connected properly and it doesn't want to show any wifi networks even though they appear on my phone. The only time it has shown an available wifi network was when I stood right next to my router,...
  8. Windows-10 disappearing available networks

Windows-10 disappearing available networks: Hi, I use Lenovo B440 laptop. This problem started since I installed some optional updates from Windows Update. Now, my pc hardly gets 3/4 signals even if I am next to the router. It keeps on deteriorating from time to time. Now, the problem is that I can see available...
  9. Available Wifi Networks disappeared

Available Wifi Networks disappeared: Hello, I have a HP 8830 desktop. I reinstalled win10 using the creation tool. Since doing the updates I no longer am able to view all available wireless networks. my phone displays all networks I ran the trouble shooter; rebooted the router without success. I also rebooted...
  10. One of the available wifi networks keeps disappearing

One of the available wifi networks keeps disappearing: Hi All I am using Windows 10. I have been facing a weird issue one of my available wifi networks disappears and appears time to time. When it is disappeared on my PC, I checked and it is shown on other devices and PCs. Please help...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. wifi keeps disappearing from my asus windows 10 pc