Windows 10: Windows 10 AzureAD joined device different login questions

Discus and support Windows 10 AzureAD joined device different login questions in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hi there - I have remote offices all over the world where we're trying to slim down on the footprint but not having local domain controllers or any... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by WardAnderson1, Apr 9, 2020.

1. Windows 10 AzureAD joined device different login questions

Hi there -

I have remote offices all over the world where we're trying to slim down on the footprint but not having local domain controllers or any physical servers. I have AzureAD setup and I can join machines to it remotely over the internet. It seems that when this is joined to AAD the user that registered it is the only one that is allowed to login to it. I had another forum question for this where they suggested we use AzureAD\UPN to login as a different user but that didn't seem to work.

Is this possible? Could I have remote machines that are not joined to an On-Prem DC, that can authenticate different users logging in locally eg not RDP they're just sitting at a destkop?

Thanks,

Ward

:)

WardAnderson1, Apr 9, 2020
  2. StumfSlo Win User

Deleting a AzureAD joined uer from Windows 10 because of downgrade

Ok i think I found the trick:

AzureAD joined users can be deleted via:

• Open a admin powershell and type sysdm.cpl
    • In Advanced tab go to User Profiles and click Settings
    • Here u can now see all the AzureAD joined users as well as local ones.
    • Delete the offending user

WARNING THIS WILL DELETE ALL THE SELECTED USERS DATA IN HIS HOME FOLDER. IF DATA IS NEEDED BACK IT UP!!!

StumfSlo, Apr 9, 2020
  3. StumfSlo Win User
    Deleting a AzureAD joined uer from Windows 10 because of downgrade

Hello, i have a question about deleting a AzureAD joined user from Windows 10.

The issue is that we want to do a downgrade because of some incompatibility with software from 1809 to 1803

However in the downgrade process we get>

'Before you go back to a previous version of windows, you'll need to put any user accounts you moved after your most recent upgrade back in their original location'

The user in question is a AzureAD joined user that IS NOT ADMIN

If i go into the user i can not click Disconnect at Connet to work or school, because it need admin privileges.

However if i go into Admin account i can not disconnect the other non admin user because it does not show up in the users.

Is there a way to delete a user account?

StumfSlo, Apr 9, 2020
  4. C.R.Allen Win User

Windows 10 AzureAD joined device different login questions

Windows 10 Pro + Office365 AzureAD - Show specific users at login screen

When I setup my windows 10 pro local machine, I joined it to my office 365 AD which only has 2 users in it. I can login with either user and get some cool integration with AzureAD, but whenever I logout of one of the users (or the computer restarts), I can
    only see up to the previously logged in user, and not all users. Both users retain their home directory under C:\Users after logout.

How can I configure Windows 10 Pro to at least have a specific set of AzureAD logins available (2 in this case) to choose from for the logon screen?

C.R.Allen, Apr 9, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 AzureAD joined device different login questions

1. Windows 10 AzureAD joined device different login questions - Similar Threads - AzureAD joined device

2. Configuration of Windows 10 using AzureAD

in Windows 10 Customization
    Configuration of Windows 10 using AzureAD: I am using a Windows 10 machine of an organisation which, as second party, manages my machine through AzureAD using Intune. The second party has pushed a configuration policy to my machine as per which the login password has a minimum length requirementlet's say 12 chars. My...
  3. Quick Question: Can Windows 10 Home join azureAD domain?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Quick Question: Can Windows 10 Home join azureAD domain?: my 1st thought was no going off home can't join normal domains but on here it lists: Operating Systems: All Windows 10 devices https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/active-directory/devices/concept-azure-ad-join submitted by /u/pushbutan [link] [comments]...
  4. Login Questions

Login Questions: I just purchased a new computer and it will not let me login with my current email address and password. I can on my existing computers, but not on the new one I'm trying to set up. Can I get some help please. Thanks! Jamie Bulger...
  5. Workplace Join -> Automatic Device-Join task

Workplace Join -> Automatic Device-Join task: Hello, I'm wondering how Workplace Join -> Automatic Device-Join task works. We had it manually enabled on couple of systems and a week later realized that it is back to disabled. Is this a normal behavior? Regards, Tatyana...
  6. Windows 10 Home Connecting to AzureAD, inconsistent behaviour...?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Home Connecting to AzureAD, inconsistent behaviour...?: I've got an Office365 tenant with AzureAD free and I'm trying to join new laptops to the domain for some new users. The laptops are running Windows 10 home. The users are licensed with Business basic and can sign in on the web portal but during the startup of a new laptop...
  7. Deleting a AzureAD joined uer from Windows 10 because of downgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Deleting a AzureAD joined uer from Windows 10 because of downgrade: Hello, i have a question about deleting a AzureAD joined user from Windows 10. The issue is that we want to do a downgrade because of some incompatibility with software from 1809 to 1803 However in the downgrade process we get> 'Before you go back to a previous version...
  8. Question about login order in Windows 10

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Question about login order in Windows 10: Just got a new laptop with windows 10 pre-installed. When I boot up, Windows always tries to use the disabled Administrator user to sign in first, then tells me it is disabled and proceeds to my user, which has admin privileges. I understand how to enable the hidden admin...
  9. Using ICD to join to AzureAD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Using ICD to join to AzureAD: I want to be able to set the image to automatically connect to AzureAD so that we can minimise our installation time. Can someone please tell me how to do this. My best guess is that it is in the domain settings but I can't just enter "AzureAD" so I don't know what to do....
  10. Question on Windows 10 Shutdown and login

in Windows 10 Support
    Question on Windows 10 Shutdown and login: Hi. I just upgraded to the new Windows 10 1709 from 1703. I have this weird issue. I have fast startup turned off, so the issue isn't related to that. I shut down the computer normally, then, I reboot, get to the login screen, and its like my user account doesn't...