Windows 10: Windows 10 Background Bug

Discus and support Windows 10 Background Bug in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; So today while using my pc I wanted to play a game, but as soon as I launched it my background turned black. I went to settings to change it back but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Mohammed Bogatyrev, Apr 13, 2021.

1. Windows 10 Background Bug

So today while using my pc I wanted to play a game, but as soon as I launched it my background turned black. I went to settings to change it back but whenever I click on something I have like a 5-10 second delay, anyway after I got to the background section I tried to change it back but it won't let me, when I select a picture, after a couple of seconds it just switches from picture to solid color. Can someone please help me

Edit: I checked and my windows and all of my drivers are updated and I seem to be able to use all pictures as wallpapers except the one that I had before the bug. And after relaunching the game the bug doesn't occur anymore.

Edit 2: The image that I want use as my background is 5512x4409 and is 21.981 kb or basically 22 MB. I made an image that is the exact same resolution and about 21 MB and when I tried to set it as my background it didn't let me! I then upscaled the image to 11024x8818 with a file size of 101 MB and windows still didn't allow me to use it as my wallpaper.

Also: windows is activated and other images with the exact same resolution do work and converting the image from .png to .jps decreases the quality and file size but does allow me to use it as my background.

List of things I've tried:

Reinstalled drivers with DDU

Ran these commands in cmd:
    -DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth
    -DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
    -DISM.exe /online /cleanup-image /startcomponentcleanup
    -sfc /scannow

Went into the properties of the image and unblocked it

Tried a bunch of different images with much bigger file sizes and resolutions which all ended up working fine. Incorrect, see: Edit 2

A Link to the image: https://ibb.co/xsSBVv6

{Moved from nl-nl}

:)

Mohammed Bogatyrev, Apr 13, 2021
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Apr 13, 2021
  3. Jomel Ber Win User
    Background for Windows 10

Hi Ronald,

To address this concern, we suggest that you follow these steps on how to change back the background time to 10 seconds:

• Press Windows key+R to open the Run window.
    • Type this command: control /name Microsoft.Personalization /page pageWallpaper to open old Control Panel settings, and then click
      OK.
    • Select your preferred desktop background and under "Change picture every" option, choose
      10 seconds.
    • Click Save changes.

Let us know how it goes.

Thank you.

Jomel Ber, Apr 13, 2021
  4. Windows 10 Background Bug

Slideshow as desktop background.

Hi Marilyn,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to try the steps below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows Logo Key + I. Then click on Personalization.
    • Click on Background to change it.
    For reference:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/getstarted-change-desktop-background

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Apr 13, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 Background Bug

1. Windows 10 Background Bug - Similar Threads - Background Bug

2. How can I fix a bug that doesnt allow me to have two different backgrounds on separate...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I fix a bug that doesnt allow me to have two different backgrounds on separate...: I cannot change the background for individual monitors using the personalization settings. I tried using right-click and then setting as "desktop 1" & "desktop 2", but there's no effect when I use "set as Desktop 2" and it only changes both backgrounds when I use "set as...
  3. How can I fix a bug that doesnt allow me to have two different backgrounds on separate...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I fix a bug that doesnt allow me to have two different backgrounds on separate...: I cannot change the background for individual monitors using the personalization settings. I tried using right-click and then setting as "desktop 1" & "desktop 2", but there's no effect when I use "set as Desktop 2" and it only changes both backgrounds when I use "set as...
  4. How do I fix this settings bug about the background

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I fix this settings bug about the background: I have already tried troubleshooting and got nothing and I restarted my pc I have no idea how to fix this the main problem is if I try to click where add image would be it would just crash my settings app...
  5. How do I fix this settings bug about the background

How do I fix this settings bug about the background: I have already tried troubleshooting and got nothing and I restarted my pc I have no idea how to fix this the main problem is if I try to click where add image would be it would just crash my settings app...
  6. How do I fix this settings bug about the background

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Bug with background and text color

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bug with background and text color: I'm using windows 11, Acer swift 3, and I've noticed a problem with my laptop on a few applicationsThis is what it looks like, the text and the background colours are the same so I can't see the option, if i hover my cursor over it, it does show but it's not very convenient...
  8. Bug with background and text color

Bug with background and text color: I'm using windows 11, Acer swift 3, and I've noticed a problem with my laptop on a few applicationsThis is what it looks like, the text and the background colours are the same so I can't see the option, if i hover my cursor over it, it does show but it's not very convenient...
  9. Windows 11 background bug

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 background bug: There has been a problem with desktop background slideshow since I use Windows 11. Each time when my laptop unplugged, turned on battery saver mode and has 2 desktops, I switch and it returns from slideshow mode to picture mode. And it returns to the default background which...
  10. Windows 11 background bug

Windows 11 background bug: There has been a problem with desktop background slideshow since I use Windows 11. Each time when my laptop unplugged, turned on battery saver mode and has 2 desktops, I switch and it returns from slideshow mode to picture mode. And it returns to the default background which...