Windows 10: Windows 10 Background setting

Discus and support Windows 10 Background setting in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When I go to settings to set up a background there is a text box square there. I can't remove it so when my background is on there is a black box in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ChristineCrain-De Hoyos, Apr 14, 2021.

1. Windows 10 Background setting

When I go to settings to set up a background there is a text box square there. I can't remove it so when my background is on there is a black box in the picture. For the life of me I don't know why this is happening since it wasn't like that before. I need help with this.

:)

ChristineCrain-De Hoyos, Apr 14, 2021

2. How to change the screen background settings in Windows 10

Hi Richard,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

We understand how you feel about the situation. We're sorry for the trouble.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to change the background to the original.

• Type Themes and related settings in search bar. And click on that.

• Go to Themes.

• Under Windows default Themes select the back ground close the window.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Apr 14, 2021
  3. Set background slideshow

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you with it.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below to set slide desktop.

• Press Windows logo key + I key.
    • Click on Personalization.
    • Under Background dropdown menu, select slideshow.
    • Click on Browse button and then select the folder from which the desktop slide’s to be applied.

Hope this information is helpful. For any further information, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Apr 14, 2021
  4. Jomel Ber Win User

Windows 10 Background setting

Background for Windows 10

Hi Ronald,

To address this concern, we suggest that you follow these steps on how to change back the background time to 10 seconds:

• Press Windows key+R to open the Run window.
    • Type this command: control /name Microsoft.Personalization /page pageWallpaper to open old Control Panel settings, and then click
      OK.
    • Select your preferred desktop background and under "Change picture every" option, choose
      10 seconds.
    • Click Save changes.

Let us know how it goes.

Thank you.

Jomel Ber, Apr 14, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 Background setting

1. Windows 10 Background setting - Similar Threads - Background setting

2. How do i set different backgrounds for both of my monitors?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do i set different backgrounds for both of my monitors?: I have looked for an answer from google but havent been able to find the answer, so i decided to ask you guys : https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-set-different-backgrounds-for-both-of-my/ca2c340a-ac74-42e6-ac8a-4602eaa5bb97
  3. Startup apps do not open in background regardless of settings.

Startup apps do not open in background regardless of settings.: I have an issue with Teams opening on startup regardless of whether the "Open application in background" setting is checked or not. It also happens for the VPN software that I use, I have it set to open "Launch the app minimized". Is there an obvious solution that I am...
  4. Win10 colors anomaly. Background settings white appears as black

Win10 colors anomaly. Background settings white appears as black: On Windows 10, in Settings > Personalization > Background, when I mouse over the white square, the caption says Black. Wha?? Probably related, in gmail open a message, the controls are either white foreground on white background or black on black. Big problem. I...
  5. BUG - In Windows 10 > Settings > Personalization > Lock Screen > Background > Slideshow -...

BUG - In Windows 10 > Settings > Personalization > Lock Screen > Background > Slideshow -...: Hello In Windows 10 > Settings > Personalization > Lock Screen > Background > Slideshow - all images appear in flip horizontal What is the problem? What should I do to solve the problem? Windows version : 20H2 OS Build 19042.804 Thank...
  6. How can I set the background color of dialog boxes?

How can I set the background color of dialog boxes?: I want to change the pale green background color of dialog boxes also used by some applications to a better, more harmonious light brown. The color, RGB: 238 255 238 discovered via Paint, 'Edit colors', is very, very close. However, none of the colors below come close, so I...
  7. W10 game settings: Background recording set to 10 minutes - only records 2.5?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    W10 game settings: Background recording set to 10 minutes - only records 2.5?: I've set my windows game recording to record in the background- specifically the last 10 minutes - and when the "record last 30 seconds is clicked", it only records the last 2 minutes 30 seconds roughly. There is no error message or anything. Why is this happening? Why won't...
  8. windows 10 home--The personalization setting for display background photo album is...

windows 10 home--The personalization setting for display background photo album is...: The personalization setting for display background photo album is defaulting to a different phot album without any change being input. I have selected this file----- this pc>pictures>saved pictures. It seems to change every time the pc updates or if the power goes out....
  9. Changing picture size setting when setting background from photos

Changing picture size setting when setting background from photos: When I set the background picture from Photos not pictures it always comes out as in fill mode, not fit which is what I would like it to be. How can I change this setting to "fit" so it will always be in this mode. If I change it manually it still will be "fill" when I enter...
  10. Background scrolling setting

Background scrolling setting: Hello there I was enjoying a nice background/wallpaper of my own choosing, but how do I go back to the Windows 10 default? It was a bunch of stock photos of nature, destinations, and more. You know...default. I can see the images under background settings...but will they...