Windows 10: Windows 10 Backup access

Discus and support Windows 10 Backup access in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I had a Windows 10 corruption which forced me to re-install the OS. I have a Windows 10 backup USB drive on which I need access to the file history.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MichaelEbbrecht, Jun 22, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Backup access

I had a Windows 10 corruption which forced me to re-install the OS.

I have a Windows 10 backup USB drive on which I need access to the file history.

The problem is the new OS install automatically created a user profile that doesn't match the profile originally used for the backup drive.

How can I obtain access to the file history on the backup drive?

:)

MichaelEbbrecht, Jun 22, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 22, 2020
  3. Scrizz Win User
    Windows 10

no, you can't go back..
    I suggest creating a backup image of your os drive

Scrizz, Jun 22, 2020
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Windows 10 Backup access

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Jun 22, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Backup access

1. Windows 10 Backup access - Similar Threads - Backup access

2. Robocopy Backup Files are no longer visible or accessible

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Robocopy Backup Files are no longer visible or accessible: I've been using Robocopy for years to backup folders. All of a sudden, my backup folders and files are no longer visible or accessible. I've tried removing system and hidden file attributes which I never had to do before but that didn't help. I've also tried all the...
  3. Robocopy Backup Files are no longer visible or accessible

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Robocopy Backup Files are no longer visible or accessible: I've been using Robocopy for years to backup folders. All of a sudden, my backup folders and files are no longer visible or accessible. I've tried removing system and hidden file attributes which I never had to do before but that didn't help. I've also tried all the...
  4. Can I still access my files using Windows Image Backup due to not making a System Image...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I still access my files using Windows Image Backup due to not making a System Image...: I'm trying to recover an older version of my PC to locate some missing files. The problem is, I backed up my PC using Windows Image Backup WIB, but I didn't create a System Image. I was using Windows 11, and i reinstalled windows. When I go on Disk Management, the drive is...
  5. Can I still access my files using Windows Image Backup due to not making a System Image...

Can I still access my files using Windows Image Backup due to not making a System Image...: I'm trying to recover an older version of my PC to locate some missing files. The problem is, I backed up my PC using Windows Image Backup WIB, but I didn't create a System Image. I was using Windows 11, and i reinstalled windows. When I go on Disk Management, the drive is...
  6. Can I still access my files using Windows Image Backup due to not making a System Image...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Can't access Windows Backup app and Backup options and Windows backup in Settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't access Windows Backup app and Backup options and Windows backup in Settings: Hello.I'm using Windows 11 Pro and can't access Windows Backup app and Backup options and Windows backup in Settings. They're crashing. I tried it in Safe mode also. In Event Viewer I got this:Faulting application name: SystemSettings.exe, version: 10.0.22621.2792, time...
  8. Can't access Windows Backup app and Backup options and Windows backup in Settings

Can't access Windows Backup app and Backup options and Windows backup in Settings: Hello.I'm using Windows 11 Pro and can't access Windows Backup app and Backup options and Windows backup in Settings. They're crashing. I tried it in Safe mode also. In Event Viewer I got this:Faulting application name: SystemSettings.exe, version: 10.0.22621.2792, time...
  9. Restore iDrive Entire Machine Backup file to laptop's hard drive, which is not accessible.

Restore iDrive Entire Machine Backup file to laptop's hard drive, which is not accessible.: I am trying to restore an entire machine backup downloaded to an external hard drive from iDrive, using a bootable thumb drive that accesses idrive restore software. From there I am supposed to choose the backup file from the external hard drive and then select my laptop's...
  10. Restore iDrive Entire Machine Backup file to laptop's hard drive, which is not accessible.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restore iDrive Entire Machine Backup file to laptop's hard drive, which is not accessible.: I am trying to restore an entire machine backup downloaded to an external hard drive from iDrive, using a bootable thumb drive that accesses idrive restore software. From there I am supposed to choose the backup file from the external hard drive and then select my laptop's...