Windows 10: Windows 10 Backup did not complete successfully

Discus and support Windows 10 Backup did not complete successfully in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Backup encountered a problem while backing up file C:\Users\My Computer\Desktop\New folder. Error*SadThe system cannot find the file specified.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by Daman16, Aug 24, 2016.

1. Daman16 Win User

Windows 10 Backup did not complete successfully

Backup encountered a problem while backing up file C:\Users\My Computer\Desktop\New folder. Error*SadThe system cannot find the file specified. (0x80070002))
    Backup encountered a problem while backing up file C:\Users\My Computer\Desktop\SD 13.5.12\105SSCAM. Error*SadThe system cannot find the path specified. (0x80070003))
    Backup skipped backing up E:\SD 7.9.14\DCIM\100_PANA as it is on the backup target.

I would like to know what does seem to be the problem and how can be fixed, can I still use the backup and system image to restore image and files if needed?

:)

Daman16, Aug 24, 2016

2. Backup did not complete successfully because a shadow copy could not be created. Free up disk space on the drive that you are backing up by deleting unnecessary files and then try again.

Hi,

Let us know if your device is connected to a domain network/ Windows Server.

I suggest you to check with the Windows Backup services and their dependencies to start and set it to Automatic and check if it helps.

Make sure the Windows Backup service is started and set to automatic.

Follow the below steps for the same:

• Press Windows + R keys from the keyboard to open
      Run command.
    • Type services.msc in the search box and press
      Enter
    • Search for the Windows Backup services
    • Make sure the Start-up type is Manual.

Steps to set the services to Automatic

• Right click on the service
    • If the service is stopped then Start the service
    • Select Properties
    • And in the Start-up type, select Manual.

Also, Click on the Dependencies tab, and check for the services. Start it and set it up to automatic.

Remote Procedure Call status is Started and set to Automatic. RPC Locator should be set to Manual.

Try to check the same with Volume Shadow Copy services as well.

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of created a backup on your device for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Aug 24, 2016
  3. MeSo2 Win User
    Backup did not complete successfully because a shadow copy could not be created. Free up disk space on the drive that you are backing up by deleting unnecessary files and then try again.

This is the error I am getting trying to run a backup in Win 10 pro (1607):

Backup did not complete successfully because a shadow copy could not be created. Free up disk space on the drive that you are backing up by deleting unnecessary files and then try again.

The destination hard drive is an internal hard drive with over 2 time the amount of free hard drive space.

In System I find the error: The server {...} did not register with DCOM within the required timeout.

MeSo2, Aug 24, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, it's good that you are using imaging- too many don't. You may think I'm evading the issue, but there is a steady trickle of reports here on Backup and Restore (Windows 7) which is what I will assume you are using.

A number of experienced people here have come to believe it is somewhat unreliable. Better solutions are found with 3rd party disk imaging such as Macrium Reflect (free/commercial) + its boot medium + external storage.

- more reliable
    - maintained and updated quickly with good support
    - much more feature-rich
    - better platform support
    - can be built into Windows boot

dalchina, Aug 24, 2016
  5. Stevekir Win User
    I agree. I stuck manfully with Windows Backup and Restore (WBR) but found it was a little erratic. After being pressed on this forum about Macrium I am now using it - daily backup of an image + occasional Rescue Media Recovery and Boot Menu Options. Interestingly, I found when asking for help on this forum about WBR, there has been dwindling response over the last year or two. That convinced me!

Stevekir, Aug 24, 2016
  6. Daman16 Win User
    Thanks for the reply. Believe it or not I do have macrium on my computer and I have used it before. I am now going to try it again but more seriously this time.

Daman16, Aug 25, 2016
  7. Whatphoeb Win User
    Stop Windows update service may helps.

Whatphoeb, Aug 25, 2016
  8. altae Win User

I'd also recommend getting a third party tool like Macrium Reflect, Paragon Backup & Restore or even Paragon Hard Disk Manager, Acronis True Image... They are all far more reliable than the built in solution and also more flexible and feature rich.

altae, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Backup did not complete successfully - Similar Threads - Backup did complete

2. Backup did not complete successfully - or did it?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Backup did not complete successfully - or did it?: Hi, I couldn't find an answer to my specific problem re whether or not I have a working backup. Backup & Restore says last backup did not complete successfully with last backup date 26/10 and error code 0x8007045D - see screenshots below. However, when I 'Select another...
  3. Backup did not complete successfully - or did it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Backup did not complete successfully - or did it?: Hi, I couldn't find an answer to my specific problem re whether or not I have a working backup. Backup & Restore says last backup did not complete successfully with last backup date 26/10 and error code 0x8007045D - see screenshots below. However, when I 'Select another...
  4. Windows Backup Error 0x800700E1, Operation Did Not Complete Successfully

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Backup Error 0x800700E1, Operation Did Not Complete Successfully: Running win10 all updates incl bios. Backup Win7 finds trojan that MS virus protection AND Malwarebytes does not find after cleaning all Win10 Accts incl admin. Have run DISM restorehealth & scannow. . .seldom finds anything. Keeps coming back as a powershell. Tried clean...
  5. Windows Backup Error 0x800700E1, Operation Did Not Complete Successfully

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Backup Error 0x800700E1, Operation Did Not Complete Successfully: Running win10 all updates incl bios. Backup Win7 finds trojan that MS virus protection AND Malwarebytes does not find after cleaning all Win10 Accts incl admin. Have run DISM restorehealth & scannow. . .seldom finds anything. Keeps coming back as a powershell. Tried clean...
  6. Windows Backup Error 0x800700E1, Operation Did Not Complete Successfully

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Windows Backup error 0x800700E1, Operation did not complete successfully

in Windows 10 News
    Windows Backup error 0x800700E1, Operation did not complete successfully: [ATTACH]Windows Backup is a built-in application that lets users create a backup of their essential data on the computer hard drive in a pretty easy […] This article Windows Backup error 0x800700E1, Operation did not complete successfully first appeared on...
  8. 'Windows Backup did not complete successfully'

'Windows Backup did not complete successfully': I plug in my external drive (2 terabytes so lots of space), and run backup and I get the message ' Backup did not complete successfully', On windows 10 v1903. Any suggestions?...
  9. The last backup did not complete successfully, Windows 10

The last backup did not complete successfully, Windows 10: I just got a new WD 1TB external hard drive and I wanted to create a backup for my PC on it. I figured the easiest way would be to create a system image, so I went to Control Panel, Backup and Restore and proceeded through the steps up to where it starts to backup to my new...
  10. "The last backup did not complete successfully" Help!

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    "The last backup did not complete successfully" Help!: I keep getting the above error when trying to make a backup of my files from the C:\ to my separate A:\ drive. My A:\ has folders and files on it-could this be causing the failure? I have more than enough room to allow for a backup. Any insight will be greatly appreciated....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 last backup did not complete successfully

2. backup not completed in win 10

3. backup does not complete successfully windows 10

4. windows backup did not complete successfully windows 10,
  5. os backup in windows 10 didnt complete sucessfully,
  6. windows 10 backup did not complete successfully,
  7. windows backup did not complete successfully,
  8. your last backup did not complete,
  9. paragon backup not complete,
  10. your last backup did not complete successfully. your files have not been backed up,
  11. windows 10 backup did not complete,
  12. windows backup will not complete,
  13. backup does not complete successfully,
  14. www.windows backupdid not complete successfully,
  15. back up did not successfully created