Windows 10: Windows 10 Backup does not recognize Seagate Backup Plus Slim 2TB External Drive

Discus and support Windows 10 Backup does not recognize Seagate Backup Plus Slim 2TB External Drive in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I've been facing this problem for a long time now. Tried many options mentioned in various forums on the same topic but could not find a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by prana31, Feb 25, 2019.

1. prana31 Win User

Windows 10 Backup does not recognize Seagate Backup Plus Slim 2TB External Drive

Hi,

I've been facing this problem for a long time now. Tried many options mentioned in various forums on the same topic but could not find a resolution that could work for me.

Here is a brief description of my problem:

1) My Seagate Backup Plus Slim 2TB is showing up in Windows 10 explorer and has enough space for a backup. Here is a pic (it's the G drive):

Windows 10 Backup does not recognize Seagate Backup Plus Slim 2TB External Drive e4bc052c-3dca-4e92-b2a3-5a78cc36a268?upload=true.png

2) Things are also showing perfectly in the Seagate Dashboard:

Windows 10 Backup does not recognize Seagate Backup Plus Slim 2TB External Drive 2698e4d8-0321-4d9a-bd0a-a98fa31164f2?upload=true.png

Windows 10 Backup does not recognize Seagate Backup Plus Slim 2TB External Drive d710fcac-0cab-4cdd-8517-1d1fa43ee04f?upload=true.png

3) But Windows 10 Backup does not recognize it:

Windows 10 Backup does not recognize Seagate Backup Plus Slim 2TB External Drive 7115e266-b0d8-4e61-8d2c-345f1176beb0?upload=true.png

It says no usable drives found.

Request some help to resolve this.

Thanks.

:)

prana31, Feb 25, 2019

2. Seagate Backup Plus Slim 2TB External Portable Drive

Is this drive (Seagate Backup Plus Slim 2TB External Portable Drive) compatible with windows 10 and how do I go about making it work? I installed it while on windows 7 and I forgot that I had allowed windows installer to upgrade my OS to windows 10 the
    same night while I was sleeping. I woke up around 6:30am and checked if it (scheduled backup for 3am)worked. The Dashboard said that the backup was halted at 5% and I kept trying to make it continue running and it would work for around 20 seconds or so for
    a few times and quit (it would say it had halted each time with a new increment and I got it to go to 21% and no more). I finally unplugged the drive and uninstalled the Seagate Drivers and have not attempted to reinstall it yet. Any help would be welcomed
    & appreciated! Thanks!

JosephTolliver, Feb 25, 2019
  3. Seagate Backup Plus Slim and Windows 10

I am able to backup my files using Seagate Backup Plus Slim. Windows 10 tells me my Seagate software is up to date. However I keep getting notifications to backup my files on the Windows 10 Notifications Board. Also Windows 10 does not allow me to add
    my Seagate Backup as an external device and seems not to be registering that I am already backing up my files to an the external Seagate hard drive. Any suggestions?

GraemeBarry, Feb 25, 2019
  4. Windows 10 Backup does not recognize Seagate Backup Plus Slim 2TB External Drive

Seagate Backup Plus Slim 2TB External Portable Drive

Hello Joseph,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Let me answer your query regarding compatibility of Seagate Backup plus Slim 2TB External Portable Drive.

Please refer to the Operating System Compatibility section:

Compatibilité disque USB externe Seagate | Seagate Support France

As mentioned in the above article that the drives are supported by the standard/generic device drivers that are already included in the operating systems out of the box.

Since the drive can function with default drivers it is compatible with Windows 10.

Will my Seagate drive work with Windows 10?

Mon disque Seagate fonctionnera-t-il sous Windows 10 ? | Seagate Support France

You may also refer to the “Backup and restore your files” section and check if it helps:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/getstarted-back-up-your-files

Reference:

http://www.seagate.com/in/en/support/external-hard-drives/portable-hard-drives/backup-plus/

Hope the information helps, do reply if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepak Kodi, Feb 25, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Backup does not recognize Seagate Backup Plus Slim 2TB External Drive

1. Windows 10 Backup does not recognize Seagate Backup Plus Slim 2TB External Drive - Similar Threads - Backup does recognize

2. Seagate Backup Drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Seagate Backup Drive: I have owned and use a Seagate Backup drive with my Lenovo desktop using Windows 10. I have found the Seagate difficult to use, due to the cumbersome for me so-called "dashboard" that the drive seems to require using. I have never understood why I cannot just send my files...
  3. Seagate Backup Plus drive always spinning

Seagate Backup Plus drive always spinning: Dear forum members, I recently purchased a 4TB Backup Plus series external USB disco. The disk, unlike another Toshiba drive, always remains active, even when it is not used. The power management feature in Windows is activated only when the computer goes in stand-by. I...
  4. backups usb seagate bup slim disk drive

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    backups usb seagate bup slim disk drive: What backups can I use to create an image on the Seagate bup slim disk drive. Computer is windows pro 64 bit UEFI. I think my problem is that the slim drive works only with mbr. Thanks for any help. 160854
  5. backups usb seagate bup slim disk drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    backups usb seagate bup slim disk drive: What backups can I use to create an image on the Seagate bup slim disk drive. Computer is windows pro 64 bit UEFI. I think my problem is that the slim drive works only with mbr. Thanks for any help. 160854
  6. Seagate T4 Backup Plus Hub

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Seagate T4 Backup Plus Hub: 7-10 days ago got this message on the screen [ATTACH] [ATTACH] Have looked on Seagates site, can't find a way to get past this, thinking it might be with Windows 10. Help....
  7. Upgrade from 7 to 10 and Seagate Backup Plus Drive

Upgrade from 7 to 10 and Seagate Backup Plus Drive: Am currently on Win 7 and want to upgrade to Win 10. I have a Seagate Backup Plus Drive with Memeo software built in. It is set to automatically backup all new files. In Win 10, will it do the same auto backups? Seagate says the backup drive works with Win 10, but the...
  8. Seagate Backup Plus and Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Seagate Backup Plus and Windows 10: Hi, I am trying to install Seagate Backup Plus and do backup of HP PC - I keep getting repeated message "Backup failed- Some files are in use by another application or service" I've closed everything I can? Thanx in advance for any help ....
  9. Seagate 2tb external drive

Seagate 2tb external drive: Bought a new usb cord since it kept randomly disconnecting the drive. It shows up in device management and on disk drives yet it says it cant initialize and wont show how much memory has been used or is available in volumes I dont know what to do...
  10. Seagate Backup Plus USB drive - speed discrepency

Seagate Backup Plus USB drive - speed discrepency: Hello - I have this 1TB USB drive currently attached to my PC and it's working normally. By this I mean no errors and reasonable performance. It's USB 3 capable, but the motherboard is USB 2 only. The system is recent but modest, AMD FX 4300 paired with an ASRock...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. w10 seagate backup plus drive not detected

2. seagate backup plus slim 2tb loc:US

3. seagate backup for windows 10

4. backup plus,
  5. seagate backup plus registration,
  6. backup plus slim not recognized,
  7. will a seagate slim plus work for mac work on windows10,
  8. seagate backup plus slim not working on windows,
  9. seagate backup plus slim not working,
  10. seageat driver windows 10 für backup plus slim,
  11. seagate slim portable storage windows 10,