Windows 10: Windows 10 backup failed "The media is write protected

Discus and support Windows 10 backup failed "The media is write protected in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; After upgrading to windows 10 build 18234 the backup is falling with following message.... Check your backup The media is write protected Error... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Nirpendra, Sep 16, 2018.

1. Nirpendra Win User

Windows 10 backup failed "The media is write protected

After upgrading to windows 10 build 18234 the backup is falling with following message....

Check your backup

The media is write protected

Error code 0x80070013

Windows 10 backup failed "The media is write protected 0fc8a495-7e81-4a69-9968-9fc7161059dc?upload=true.jpg Windows 10 backup failed "The media is write protected 8dd18cdf-5185-49af-b222-6c6e89179655?upload=true.jpg

:)

Nirpendra, Sep 16, 2018
  2. pfbrown2 Win User

The backup failed. Then media is write protected. (0x80070013)

I get to Properties, but there is no Policies tab.

And nothing that looks like 'Write caching and Safe Removal', select 'Optimize for performance'.

Please help!

I am trying to back up my files, but I keep getting the same message: The backup failed. Then media is write protected. (0x80070013)

I had no problem with the backups until around 1-2 months ago.

pfbrown2, Sep 16, 2018
  3. The backup failed. Then media is write protected. (0x80070013)

The error happened at almost the end of backup. I used some dvd -rw and dvd +rw to create system image, but no matter which kind of dvd I used, the error was always ----

The backup failed. Then media is write protected. (0x80070013)

Windows 10 backup failed "The media is write protected 2d922445-97ae-4759-8bc7-50e38dd867d9.png

Therefore I have no ideal how to fix this problem. In addition, I checked the dvds I used, they are ok and the system I am using is windows 10 32-bit.

Can someone answer my question?

Thanks

Yang Li 19920112, Sep 16, 2018
  4. Windows 10 backup failed "The media is write protected

hard drive not accessible stating "The media is write protected."

Hello,

I sent an external hard drive to a tape backup company.

The company stated that the drive is not accessible with the error message, "The media is write protected."

Any suggestions?

williamj

williamj78, Sep 16, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 backup failed "The media is write protected

1. Windows 10 backup failed "The media is write protected - Similar Threads - backup failed media

2. The media is write-protected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The media is write-protected: Good morning, I have issues removing write-protection from my USB flash drive. It has no hardware switch for enabling/disabling write-protection, • diskpart • list disk• sel disk 2• attrbites disk• Current Read-only State : Yes• attributes disk clear readonly reports "Disk...
  3. The media is write-protected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The media is write-protected: Good morning, I have issues removing write-protection from my USB flash drive. It has no hardware switch for enabling/disabling write-protection, • diskpart • list disk• sel disk 2• attrbites disk• Current Read-only State : Yes• attributes disk clear readonly reports "Disk...
  4. this media is write protected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    this media is write protected: I tried accessing the photos and I got the this media is write protected error and I looked up how to fix it and did it but it still says this media is write protected. The photos aren't from another device....
  5. this media is write protected

this media is write protected: I tried accessing the photos and I got the this media is write protected error and I looked up how to fix it and did it but it still says this media is write protected. The photos aren't from another device....
  6. Remove Media is Write Protected message in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Remove Media is Write Protected message in Windows 10: [ATTACH]When copying files to a USB drive or SD card, if you receive a— Media is Write Protected —message, then this post will help you resolve the problem. The same problem can occur when deleting a file or overwriting a file on the media. What is Write-Protection? Write...
  7. Error Device media is write-protected

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Error Device media is write-protected: Plugged a Kingston Data Traveler 3.0 USB Device into an HP Elitebook 8440p running Windows 10 Pro 20H2. Download sp73930.exe; launched the apt, select the option make a bootable USB Received message Error: Device media is wright-protected. [ATTACH] I did not setup wright...
  8. "Media is write protected"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "Media is write protected": I was always able to click on an icon and view a photo on my PC. Now this message pops up. Please help. Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/media-is-write-protected/aff97eae-a941-4807-8205-6caea7aea58a"
  9. The media is write protected.

The media is write protected.: I keep getting a strange error when I try to open PNG files in Photos, "The media is write protected." None of the files are read only, and I can edit them in any way I want, it only pops up when I try to open them in Photos. Any way to fix this?...
  10. The media is write protected on internal HDD

in Windows 10 Support
    The media is write protected on internal HDD: After installing an mSata SSD as my main boot drive for Windows 10 Enterprise I can no longer write to the internal HDD. I have checked the read only status in disk part and everything is correct. If I pull the drive from the laptop and insert it into a usb dock I can write...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows backup the media is write protected

2. backup failed the media is write protected

3. the media is write protected 0x80070013

4. the media is write protected,
  5. media write protected windows 10,
  6. backup windows 10 error media write protected,
  7. media is write protected windows backup,
  8. windows backup media is write protected,
  9. media is write protected,
  10. the media is write protected backup,
  11. the media is write protected win 10,