Windows 10: Windows 10 Backup/File History suddenly says "Your data is not yet backed up."

Discus and support Windows 10 Backup/File History suddenly says "Your data is not yet backed up." in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have been faithfully backing up my hard drive every two weeks using the Windows 10 File History utility. Usually I see under Backup Options a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by nsmrb18, Feb 21, 2019.

1. nsmrb18 Win User

Windows 10 Backup/File History suddenly says "Your data is not yet backed up."

I have been faithfully backing up my hard drive every two weeks using the Windows 10 File History utility.

Usually I see under Backup Options a message like "Your last backup was XX/XX/XXXX." But tonight I am seeing "Your data is not yet backed up."

When I go to "Restore files from a current backup," I see "There isn't any history of your files, folders, or libraries."

What's going on here? It's as if I have no backup of my data whatsoever.

I am attempting to back up to the same external hard drive I always use, and the File History folder on the external hard drive (D:\File History) seems to be intact.

:)

nsmrb18, Feb 21, 2019

2. File History does not backup automatically

Hi,

Thank you for writing us back.

I would suggest you to go through the below steps:

• Press Windows key+I.

• Click on Update and security.

• On the left pane, click on backup and select on under automatically back up my files.

• Click on more option under on button.

• Select every hour (default) under back up my files.

• Select forever (default) under keep my files.

Also refer the link below link and check if it helps:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/set-drive-file-history

Also work in Windows 10

I hope this helps. Please post back with the status of the issue and we will be glad to assist you further.

Shubham Chaubey, Feb 21, 2019
  3. Arun B J Win User
    windows 10 file history error 104 files aren't being backed up to usb drive;

Hi Chery,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

• What is the complete error message?

• Did you make any changes prior to this issue?

File history checks for any changes made to the documents that are included in File history and backups the documents which has been changed. If the File History is not backing up data then the issue could be caused due to some
    incorrect settings or due to some corrupt files. You can try the following steps and check if it helps.

Method 1: check File History Services.

First, I would suggest you to make sure that the services required for backup to run successfully is enabled. Refer to these steps:

• a) Press Windows key + R, type ‘services.msc’ and press enter.
    • b) In the services window, locate the services ‘File history service’ and the

Volume shadow copy service’ and check if they are running.
    • c) If they are not running, right click and select ‘Start’ to manually start the

service.
    • d) Check if you are able to create a backup now
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/what-something-goes-wrong-file-history

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Feb 21, 2019
  4. Windows 10 Backup/File History suddenly says "Your data is not yet backed up."

Windows 10 File History Backup

My Windows 10 File History backup has stopped working.

I select "backup now" and it says it is backing up but nothing is happening.

I go to "advanced settings" and it says cannot find drive so I reselect the HDD drive and it asks to "transfer existing files Yes or No"

I have tried Yes and No answers and File History says it is on but still no backup of data is made.

Event log says error "Directory not backup because it is a reparse point" - if that means anything ! I am not sure it relates to this problem

Can anyone help please, I've spent hours trying to sort it

Christopher Rushton, Feb 21, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Backup/File History suddenly says "Your data is not yet backed up."

1. Windows 10 Backup/File History suddenly says "Your data is not yet backed up." - Similar Threads - Backup File History

2. Your data is not yet backed up – File History on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Your data is not yet backed up – File History on Windows 10: You have been successfully backing up your files on Windows 10 using the File History utility. But if you see the message Your data is not yet backed up under the Overview section in Backup Options instead of the usual message like Your last backup was DD/MM/YY, then this...
  3. Your data is not yet backed up

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Your data is not yet backed up: I follow all the steps I know to backup my PC but when I click "Back up Now" it says "Your data is not yet backed up" I'm not sure what to do. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/your-data-is-not-yet-backed-up/b28d97de-c880-49fb-b56c-eedbcb9f3681
  4. Windows 10 file history not backing up.

Windows 10 file history not backing up.: Ever since 7/29 my backup hasnt been working, i have tried 4 times now already but the size and date for the most recent backup hasnt changed it says, I dont know if thats a glitch or not but I might be getting a new PC soon and I will try and change the hard drives out and...
  5. File history back up.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File history back up.: Hi, when I back up file history to an external drive it does not save my picture library. I have used different drives but no pictures are saved. I do have a one drive account as well but would love to get my pictures on an external drive just in case. Any ideas? Cheers,...
  6. File History Fails to backup Files. Not a single file is backup. Backing up Status is on....

File History Fails to backup Files. Not a single file is backup. Backing up Status is on....: File History Fails to backup Files. Not a single file is backup. Backing up Status is on. Screen[ATTACH]Shot of Error Log Enclosed https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-history-fails-to-backup-files-not-a-single/df51b595-feab-46ec-9440-c50d0d1fee2f
  7. Back-up and File History

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Back-up and File History: I use Windows 10 Back-up and I swap between 2 Passport Drives every month so as to put one at a time safely away from the PC. Trouble is, whenever I Add A Drive, the default settings are Back Up Hourly and Keep Forever. And to back up folders I never use like Saved Games and...
  8. Files from secondary HDD not backed up with Windows 10 file history backup

Files from secondary HDD not backed up with Windows 10 file history backup: hello community, ive been trying to resolve this issue for days now, without any luck. I am setting up a new external HDD for file history backup on windows 10. Everything seemed to work fine at the beginning. The backup started and ran over night. The next day i...
  9. File history/ Back-up

File history/ Back-up: I accidentally deleted my recovery partition and now I get an error saying check back-up settings. How can I re-install? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-history-back-up/83dfd074-f1b6-4cfc-8d02-4e0945a155de
  10. Windows 10 File History backup fails for every directory: "Directory is not backed up...

Windows 10 File History backup fails for every directory: "Directory is not backed up...: Appears to be problem reported as "Your data is not yet backed up" Windows 10 Home version 1803 current as of 7/11/2018. Since application of KB4284848 on 7/05/2018 File History has stopped working. It no longer backs up any directories. The Error log message is...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. your data is not yet backed up windows 10

2. your data is not yet backed up

3. windows 10 your data is not yet backed up

4. file history your data is not yet backed up,
  5. windows backup network your data is not yet backed up,
  6. your data is not yet backed up fix,
  7. Your data have not been backed up windows 10,
  8. automatic windows back up “your data has not been backed up yet,
  9. your data is not yet,
  10. windows back message that data hasnt been backed up after backup is complete,
  11. your data is not yet backed up backup windows 10,
  12. message your data is not backed up,
  13. file history backup drive d,
  14. data is not yet backed up but says it is backed up,
  15. windows 10 your data is not yet backed up...