Windows 10: Windows 10 Backup Folder Option

Discus and support Windows 10 Backup Folder Option in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, I need to set auto backups on one folder. I turned on Backup from Settings, but it automatically has a huge list of folders under "Backup... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Rhonius, Jun 4, 2020.

1. Rhonius Win User

Windows 10 Backup Folder Option

Hello,

I need to set auto backups on one folder. I turned on Backup from Settings, but it automatically has a huge list of folders under "Backup these folders." I don't want any of those folders backed up. How can I clear that list so to have only the one folder?

Thanks.

:)

Rhonius, Jun 4, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 4, 2020
  3. Meghana C Win User
    issue with backup options Windows 10

Hi David,

I will certainly help with the issue you are facing with backup option.

To assist you better, kindly provide the information:

• How exactly are you trying to perform back up? Is it from the Backup and Restore (Windows 7) or File History?

• Which drive have you selected to back up? Is it an external drive or a network drive or a local drive of the system?

• When you say 'only allows me to do another backup with the same options', which options are you referring to?

• Are you unable to select a different drive for a backup from the backup destination list?
    If you are using a Backup and Restore (Windows 7) option then, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

• Type backup and restore in the search bar and press enter.

• Click on setup backup option.

• Click on refresh button to check if the drives are visible in the
      backup destination list.

• Choose the drive which you want to back up and click on
      next.
    If you are trying to use file history I suggest you to un-plug it and restart your computer. Re-plug the external drive and check if the file history options are available.

Please get back to us with the information to assist you further.

Thank you.

Meghana C, Jun 4, 2020
  4. OrbitzXT Win User

Windows 7 Folder Options

In Windows XP, I used to setup one folder the way I liked and go into the Folder Options to make all the rest that style as well. I can't seem to figure out how to do this in Windows 7. I see Folder Options in the control panel, and it has the same feature as XP to apply to all Windows, but since I'm accessing that through the control panel it doesn't work. I imagine I need to access the folder options through the folder that I want to use as a template for the rest. Does anyone know how I can do this in Windows 7?

Edit: I found out -.- That always seems to happen right after I type up a post asking.

OrbitzXT, Jun 4, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Backup Folder Option - Similar Threads - Backup Folder Option

2. Backup Options

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Backup Options: I am a long term Mac user and just switched to a Windows 10 machine. I have to say that Windows has come a long way! I need some help in choosing the best way for backing up my system.From my reading, the Windows 10 offers two types of backup: file history and system image....
  3. No option for cloud-based backups in Windows 10

No option for cloud-based backups in Windows 10: Settings > Update and Security > Backup.I no longer have an option for cloud-based backups and can only setup backups using a local drive. Additionally, OneDrive no longer has the option to backup "Important PC Folders".This is an issue on my desktop machine that was recently...
  4. Best backup option in Windows 10?

Best backup option in Windows 10?: I would like to know which is the best backup option in Windows 10. There are many options like File History, Windows Backup, Create a system image. I am also concerned that if these backup options would erase existing data that is present in the drive I’m backing up to...
  5. Backup Options

Backup Options: Good day all! Is anyone knows how to manage the windows 10 backup options bypassing the Microsoft default setting? Windows 10 Backup has no longer given the options to chose which drive / partitions or folders to backup as part of a full-backup. It gives the option to add...
  6. Backup Options: Lists of Folders to backup or exclude

in Windows 10 Customization
    Backup Options: Lists of Folders to backup or exclude: Settings - Backup Options has lists of folders to back up and folders to exclude. I want NOTHING in either list. But all I can do is ADD to those lists. If I add a folder to EXCLUDE, it goes off backup and appears in EXCLUDE. But that's NOT what I want. I just want to delete...
  7. Backup Options

in Windows 10 Customization
    Backup Options: When I set Back up options to Daily and keep my backups until "space is needed", updates to foles I've changed are added, yet the old on is still there. How can I just back up the new file over the original one saved? Are there any options for that?...
  8. Windows 10 Backup Options

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Windows 10 Backup Options: My question is about backups. I'm on windows 10 and need to set up a backup solution for my important files. Documents, pics, videos, music, etc. Plus some additional folders like projects, game saves, and stuff. As best I can tell, there's two backup solutions built into...
  9. Folder options in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Folder options in Windows 10: When in file explorer I right click on a file and then click on send to and in the next list of options there is a "send to mail recipient". What happens when I use this option and how do I know files were sent?...
  10. Backup Options?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Backup Options?: Hi, How do you guys and girls, backup your data? I just got this, hoping it wasn't a mistake - WD 8 TB My Cloud EX2 Ultra Network Attached Storage - Black (WDBVBZ0080JCH-EESN). Thanks 97184