Windows 10: Windows 10 backup not backing up all my files

Discus and support Windows 10 backup not backing up all my files in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; External Drive When I set up an external backup on my new laptop and run like I did on my former PC, the following occurs: Documents (folder) - 0... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by PatriciaLankenau, Sep 5, 2018.

1. Windows 10 backup not backing up all my files

External Drive

When I set up an external backup on my new laptop and run like I did on my former PC, the following occurs:

Documents (folder) - 0 content

Music (folder) - has content

Pictures (folder) - 0 content

Videos (folder - has content

PC drive

Upon checking the above 4 folders on my PC, the paths show:

Documents: c:/users/pmlan/OneDrive -- Content is all here

Pictures: c:/users/pmlan/OneDrive -- Content is all here

Music: c:/users/pmlan/ -- 0 content

Videos: c:/users/pmlan/ -- 0 content

Is OneDrive causing a problem? On my former PC, I upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10. I don't remember ever being prompted to use OneDrive but I never used it period. The Windows 10 backup utility worked perfectly.

I accepted use of OneDrive on my new laptop. Now it seems to be affecting my backups.

Is OneDrive keeping my files online? (Documents and Pictures folders)?

I have spent hours trying to figure out why the backups aren't working. I hope someone can point me to the solution.

Thanks much!

Patty

:)

PatriciaLankenau, Sep 5, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 5, 2018
  3. Scrizz Win User
    Windows 10

no, you can't go back..
    I suggest creating a backup image of your os drive

Scrizz, Sep 5, 2018
  4. Geekoid Win User

Windows 10 backup not backing up all my files

Using network hard drive for backup

It depends what sort of backup you want to do. If you're happy just backing up regular files, then there are a bazillion (really, that many!) different bits of freeware to do that. There is a good list here:

Download Back Up Tools for Windows - MajorGeeks

and pretty much all of them can do network backups. Some even have fancy options like encryption. Really, the most useful thing is just being able to schedule them and know they ran OK.

You may also want to make a system image backup too, and you'll find that software in the very same list.

I don't have Windows 8 as yet, so I'm afraid I can't suggest any for that platform. Personally, I use Clonezilla for image backups.

Geekoid, Sep 5, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 backup not backing up all my files

1. Windows 10 backup not backing up all my files - Similar Threads - backup backing files

2. windows 10 "backup" not backing up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 10 "backup" not backing up: On this computer, windows 10, the backup page shows its backing up and also the time it finished.On my office computer, that has just had the operating system re -installed , today I tried to back it up to the flash drive and it would not back up. I had a geek squad tech out...
  3. windows 10 "backup" not backing up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 10 "backup" not backing up: On this computer, windows 10, the backup page shows its backing up and also the time it finished.On my office computer, that has just had the operating system re -installed , today I tried to back it up to the flash drive and it would not back up. I had a geek squad tech out...
  4. windows 10 "backup" not backing up

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows 10 Auto backup not backing up.

Windows 10 Auto backup not backing up.: I have auto backup set to run every 3 hours but it doesn't actually backup. I have "Automatically backup my files" enabled. What should I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-auto-backup-not-backing-up/f54e32bd-1859-421a-b43b-7cf8f8ffae29
  6. File History Fails to backup Files. Not a single file is backup. Backing up Status is on....

File History Fails to backup Files. Not a single file is backup. Backing up Status is on....: File History Fails to backup Files. Not a single file is backup. Backing up Status is on. Screen[ATTACH]Shot of Error Log Enclosed https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-history-fails-to-backup-files-not-a-single/df51b595-feab-46ec-9440-c50d0d1fee2f
  7. Does a windows backup truly back up all your files?

Does a windows backup truly back up all your files?: I have 2 drives on my computer, C and D. Over the two drives, I have used about 430 GB. When I did a windows backup, the backup was a total of 144 GB. How is it possible for the backup to be so much smaller than the data on my drives? Additionally, when I am in the...
  8. Backup encountered a problem while backing up file in windows 10

Backup encountered a problem while backing up file in windows 10: Backup encountered a problem while backing up file C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\Dropbox. Error:(STATUS_WAIT_2 (0x80070002)) i read the forums but have not seen Microsoft resolve this problem in any of the latest updates since 2018. i have reset my PC and this...
  9. File history not backing up all files.

File history not backing up all files.: I just purchased a new SSD and reinstalled windows using the MS media creation tool. It installed the latest Windows 10 Pro 1809 I installed many apps and games. I decided to run File History as previous backups have failed miserably. I check my game folder in appdata...
  10. Windows 10 Backup without backing up files

Windows 10 Backup without backing up files: Is it possible to backup the windows 10 OS without backing up the files? I tried creating a system image to my external HDD 2 TB with 275 GB unused space, but it won't allow me saying it should at least be 460 GB free. I already backed up the files separately. I just want...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 backup not backing up all folders

2. windows 10 backup not backing up all files

3. windows backup not backing up all files

4. windows 10 not backing up all files,
  5. windows 10 backup not backing up