Windows 10: Windows 10 Backup of all credentials (Web and Windows Credentials).

Discus and support Windows 10 Backup of all credentials (Web and Windows Credentials). in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I recently had to migrate from one of my PCs to another as my HDD failed. I had various sites that I had forgotten passwords but did not want to reset... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Quickspeed987, Jan 13, 2019 at 12:32 AM.

1. Windows 10 Backup of all credentials (Web and Windows Credentials).

I recently had to migrate from one of my PCs to another as my HDD failed. I had various sites that I had forgotten passwords but did not want to reset them due to the number of devices I had already saved the passwords. I would like to know if, like Windows 7 in the Control Panel > User Accounts > Credential Manager, Windows 10 has the same Back Up vault to export credentials into a file in which can be imported into a different computer. All I am looking for is a data file that will import/export login information.

:)

Quickspeed987, Jan 13, 2019 at 12:32 AM

2. Backup of web credentials in Windows 10

Does anyone know how to backup my web credentials in windows 10?

LesallanBostron, Jan 13, 2019 at 12:35 AM
  3. Backup Web Credentials or add new Web Credential manually

Soon I will change my laptop to new one. And also start a new life with fresh installed Windows 10. Almost everything to backup and save from current Windows 10 (which one was upgraded from Windows 8.1) is ready and I know what I will do.

But there is one thing I really want to backup but I cant find any real and useful information how to do that.

https://i.stack.imgur.com/0x2GG.jpg

This is it. I want backup my Asphalt 8: Airbone progress. I'm playing this game since 2014 and I don't want lose it.

Currently Windows 10 don't allow to backup Web Credentials, only Windows Credentials is available for backup. Also I can't add new Web Credential manually. Thing is that when I start this game, it asks for Microsoft login but I just close that window and game
    loads my game profile from this web credential.

https://i.stack.imgur.com/4xBec.jpg

So I came here for help. I want backup all my web credentials (but only this one matters) or just add new web credential manually. How I can do this? Thanks a lot!

[Moved from: Windows / Gaming on Windows 10 ]

Tomass Pētersons, Jan 13, 2019 at 12:35 AM
  4. Arul_D Win User

Windows 10 Backup of all credentials (Web and Windows Credentials).

Windows 10 Web Credential

Hi Karmic,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

you can add web credentials to the PC.

• In the Credential Manager, under Web Credentials, you will be able to see all your stored web passwords. To see the passwords behind the asterisks mark, you can click on Show. Windows will ask you for your login password to verify
      your identity.
    • Once done, the password will be exposed. If you want, you can also remove the stored password/s by clicking on Remove.
    • While you can add, backup, restore Windows Credentials, there is no way to add or edit Web Credentials. Microsoft recently enumerated the changes it incorporated in Password Policy and Autocomplete Forms in Internet Explorer 11,
      to reduce the confusion in users about their passwords being recalled on one site but not another. Check this post to see how Internet Explorer 11 now stores Passwords.
    Hope it helps.

Let us know the status of the issue.

Thanks.

Thema:

Windows 10 Backup of all credentials (Web and Windows Credentials).

1. Windows 10 Backup of all credentials (Web and Windows Credentials). - Similar Threads - Backup credentials Web

2. web credentials

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    web credentials: save to web credentials to a flash drive to install on my new desktop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/web-credentials/f3e1044c-fb18-40bd-a7e4-bf538b0c6e55"
  3. Credentials

Credentials: I need to change an app from being run as an administrator but when I right click and go to properties the compatibility tab isn't there. So, I went to files and found it then selected manage and it was set as being run by an administrator. I need that to not happen so I...
  4. Migrating web site credentials to new Windows machine

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Migrating web site credentials to new Windows machine: I have a new laptop and I need to export all my website passwords to the new machine. How can I do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/migrating-web-site-credentials-to-new-windows/b912f973-7cf3-477a-a3a8-7817baef9eef"
  5. Windows security- Credentials ???

Windows security- Credentials ???: We have a NAS network that we work through via a D-Link that connects 5 computers. Recently we're having a problem where all of a sudden, we are UNABLE to access our network (it asks us for our credentials). When we enter out credentials (which have never been changed & are...
  6. Windows Credentials issue?

Windows Credentials issue?: I have a Laptop and a Desktop, both running Windows 10. The router is a BT Home Hub. In "Network" in the Explorer window of the Laptop I can see and work with all the files and folders in the Desktop as well as the Laptop so I have no difficulty using Explorer to edit or...
  7. network credentials in windows 10

network credentials in windows 10: How do i set up network credentials? better yet, can this security item be turned off? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/network-credentials-in-windows-10/8ca0ba7f-cc3b-4a2d-be53-9e405ae1a66b
  8. Web Credentials not Syncing

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Web Credentials not Syncing: Setup clean 1709 from scratch on Laptop but Web Credentials have not synced though my MS account. Only favourites have synced across after verifying account. Any way of invoking a new sync session manually? Have been waiting for a couple of days but no change. 99424
  9. How Do I Search Long List Of Web Credentials In Credential Manager?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How Do I Search Long List Of Web Credentials In Credential Manager?: My Windows 10 ro is currently Version 1607 (OS Build 14393.1715). My web browser is IE11. In Control Panel > Credential Manager I have, over time, accumulated a very long list of Web Passwords. When I tried to search for the URL substring "amazon", I could not find a way...
  10. Windows Network Credentials

Windows Network Credentials: Dear all, My company has p-p LAN, my PC (desktop) connects to some PC (desktop) always ask "Enter network credentials", but some was not required like that. Which reason? I want to study about that, someone please help to teach me. And I want to no need to enter Windows...