Windows 10: Windows 10 Backup, Recovery, Cloud, Google Drive, Oh My!

Discus and support Windows 10 Backup, Recovery, Cloud, Google Drive, Oh My! in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; I am struggling to figure out the best way to backup my laptops, desktops, and data. There are so many different offerings, solutions, options, etc.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by cclaxton, Jan 14, 2019.

1. cclaxton Win User

Windows 10 Backup, Recovery, Cloud, Google Drive, Oh My!

I am struggling to figure out the best way to backup my laptops, desktops, and data. There are so many different offerings, solutions, options, etc. Here are my requirements:

1) If a system drive crashes, I want to be able to restore an image that I backup every night. I don't want to rely on a cloud or network service because...I won't have a network on that machine. It appears that Windows has the ability to create a recovery drive which can help to recover a corrupted or damaged drive. I built it and put it onto a USB drive. But it could exist on a separate partition of my hard drive. Which is better? Or is there something better?

2) I used Crucial's Acronis to make a backup image on a separate hard drive (My primarys OS Drive is SSD). So, if my SSD fails, what is the best way to recover my image? Would I use the Windows Recovery USB Drive? Or, should I use the Acronis Recovery procedure? Or is there a better way to do a image backup?

3) I want to use Google Drive to backup my images, video, documents, etc so that I can access them when I am remote or from a laptop. So, how do I sync them from multiple machines using the same account? Also, I love google office apps, and use them all the time, but they don't seem to be tied to Google Drive Storage. Is there a way to merge them? I have a 2TB google drive available.

4) Finally, I would like to archive old files on a DVD Drive, and migrate them without a lot of work. For instance, all files older than 5 years in the video and image folders move to DVD.

I would love a universal console that tied this all together so I can manage data backups, online files, recovery options, and archives from one dashboard. Is there anything out there?

Thanks,

:)

cclaxton, Jan 14, 2019
  2. btarunr Win User

QNAP Enhances Cloud Backup Services with its Upcoming Cloud Drive Sync

Due to the unexpected service suspension of the Dropbox Linux Client, users of QNAP Systems, Inc. NAS are now unable to activate Dropbox synchronization through the Dropbox Sync app. Users who have the Dropbox Sync app currently installed and are connected to their Dropbox account are unaffected, but if they log out of the app then their service will be suspended.

To continue providing users with convenient cloud sync services, QNAP will soon be releasing a new Cloud Drive Sync - Beta app to support file synchronization between QNAP NAS and Google Drive, Dropbox and more. The new Cloud Drive Sync - Beta app will be available from the QTS App Center for QNAP NAS with QTS 4.1 (or a newer version) installed.

Windows 10 Backup, Recovery, Cloud, Google Drive, Oh My! 47a_thm.jpg

In Q3 2015, QNAP will release a whole new backup solution - Hybrid Backup Restore - that will provide enhanced data protection and restoration by integrating local/remote NAS and cloud backup services as well as by supporting more cloud storage service providers.

QNAP sincerely apologizes for any inconvenience caused by the unexpected service suspension of the Dropbox Sync app.

btarunr, Jan 14, 2019
  3. DET_q Win User
    Unable to save BitLocker recovery key to cloud domain account

I have enabled BitLocker after upgrading to Windows 10 Pro account (from Windows 10 Home). My internal hard drive appeared to be already encrypted (not sure how) and there is a recovery key listed in my cloud domain account. I have now encrypted my external
    backup drive also, and am trying to store the recovery key for that drive in my account. I click "Save to your cloud domain account", and a pop up appears saying "please wait while recovery key is saved". This completes, with no errors displayed. But when
    I look in my cloud account, I still just see the original recovery key from my internal drive listed, and no new key appears in the list. If I save the key to file, it saves fine (but that is not a good long term solution for me). Does anyone know how to actually
    save this key to the cloud account?

Thanks

DET_q, Jan 14, 2019
  4. Romel Ram Win User

Backup vs Recovery Drive

Hi Gene,

We understand that you'd like to know about the Recovery Drive and the
    USB Backup Drive. For us to properly assist you with your concern, kindly send us the screenshot of the following:

• Windows 10 version/build is currently installed on your computer. To check, type
      winver in the search option.
    • Recovery Drive and USB Backup Drive window
    Note: Make sure that there are no personal information included on the screenshot.

We hope to hear from you soon.

Romel Ram, Jan 14, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Backup, Recovery, Cloud, Google Drive, Oh My! - Similar Threads - Backup Recovery Cloud

2. can i use my wd cloud drive for windows backups

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can i use my wd cloud drive for windows backups: I have a western digital cloud drive i purchased to do backups however, i can not set it up in windows backup and restore. It has a drive letter "Z" and i do believe it is a network drive. how can i set this up for my backups in windows....
  3. can i use my wd cloud drive for windows backups

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can i use my wd cloud drive for windows backups: I have a western digital cloud drive i purchased to do backups however, i can not set it up in windows backup and restore. It has a drive letter "Z" and i do believe it is a network drive. how can i set this up for my backups in windows....
  4. Cannot Drag Files into each window to Google Drive / Clouds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot Drag Files into each window to Google Drive / Clouds: I used to drag files to upload into cloud drives in Windows 10 but cannot do it in Windows 11 anymore! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-drag-files-into-each-window-to-google-drive/27a5a54c-a57f-4d86-b5a4-8753760652c1
  5. Clarification on Cloud drive: Onedrive and Google Drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Clarification on Cloud drive: Onedrive and Google Drive: I want to ask for clarification on using and syncing files in both Google drive and One drive on the same computer.I use 2 Emails for saving and syncing files 1. Wk.........*** Email address is removed for privacy *** Email is hidden for personal privacy: I use this email for...
  6. Recovery drive to cloud question

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Recovery drive to cloud question: Hello, I have a fresh computer and want to create a recovery drive, but do not want to keep track of a usb drive. Could I create the recovery drive on the usb drive, and then zip the entire drive and upload to the cloud? Then when I need it unzip back to another usb drive?...
  7. Need 2TB of cheap cloud storage for my Veritas System Recovery backup

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Need 2TB of cheap cloud storage for my Veritas System Recovery backup: I use Veritas System Recovery 18 to backup up the drives on my Win 10 system. I have incremental and full backup jobs for several drives that run at various times during the day. Right now I backup to an internal drive and to a usb attached sata drive. I would like to also...
  8. Backup for One Drive cloud account

Backup for One Drive cloud account: does microsoft provide backup to the One drive cloud accounts? If so, where is it stored? * Moved from Insider https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/backup-for-one-drive-cloud-account/4819381f-e581-44cd-8ce9-cc7fa8166c2a"
  9. Share a specific folder into cloud such as one drive or google drive?

Share a specific folder into cloud such as one drive or google drive?: I have an old game that keeps it's saves in a specific location that cannot be changed (mydocuments\gamename\saves in case that matters). I'm playing with 2 different PC's both carrying win10-64bit and I'm getting tired of copying the new save to a cloud service and moving...
  10. Windows 10 with drive or cloud.

Windows 10 with drive or cloud.: I am using a cloud to hold all my files and folders. Is there a free way to back up this cloud in the event it fails. All the data is also on m phone's cloud. I use external drives to image my hard drive but I doubt that includes the cloud like Onedrive drive or Drive....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to backup your stuffs on windows phone

2. Oh I cloud backup

3. built-it app to sync onedrive