Windows 10: windows 10 backup recovery to windows 11

Discus and support windows 10 backup recovery to windows 11 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I backed up a Windows 10 Dell Inspiron, the hdd crashed. Ultimately I bought a new Inspiron with Windows 11 and want to recover files from the backup.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by co111-1, Dec 5, 2022.

1. co111-1 Win User

windows 10 backup recovery to windows 11

I backed up a Windows 10 Dell Inspiron, the hdd crashed. Ultimately I bought a new Inspiron with Windows 11 and want to recover files from the backup. How can this be done? Typical "file history" and backup recover are not showing the backup in question.

:)

co111-1, Dec 5, 2022
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 5, 2022
  3. Scrizz Win User
    Windows 10

no, you can't go back..
    I suggest creating a backup image of your os drive

Scrizz, Dec 5, 2022
  4. windows 10 backup recovery to windows 11

Windows 10

its already there. there is a hard set factory image from samsung. problem is it takes a long time to get that backup into the drive again and destroys the C drive data.

so looks like i wont be trying windows 10 anytime soon *Stick Out Tongue windows 10 backup recovery to windows 11 :p

de.das.dude, Dec 5, 2022
Thema:

windows 10 backup recovery to windows 11

1. windows 10 backup recovery to windows 11 - Similar Threads - backup recovery

2. Bitlocker - can I disable the backup the recovery key selection in Bitlocker Manager

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Bitlocker - can I disable the backup the recovery key selection in Bitlocker Manager: Bitlocker - can I disable the backup the recovery key selection in Bitlocker ManagerI don't want anybody to be able to see the key after I have set it up.Is there any way to disable this?...
  3. I had to do a system Image recovery form a successful backup earlier today, appears to be...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I had to do a system Image recovery form a successful backup earlier today, appears to be...: Earlier today, I did a System Image Backup and it was successful. Later in the day my eclipse failed while working on a project so I performed a System Image Recovery. It restored without error, the login came up and I was able to log in. However, Windows 10 did not come up...
  4. I had to do a system Image recovery form a successful backup earlier today, appears to be...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I had to do a system Image recovery form a successful backup earlier today, appears to be...: Earlier today, I did a System Image Backup and it was successful. Later in the day my eclipse failed while working on a project so I performed a System Image Recovery. It restored without error, the login came up and I was able to log in. However, Windows 10 did not come up...
  5. I had to do a system Image recovery form a successful backup earlier today, appears to be...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. Recommendation for Win 11 Backup and Recovery Software

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recommendation for Win 11 Backup and Recovery Software: I would appreciate any recommendations for backup & recovery software for my new Acer Aspire XC desktop computer. I'm running Win 11 Home 22H2. I only back-up once a week as this is simply an email and light games home computer. The software must:1. Be able to back-up the...
  7. Recommendation for Win 11 Backup and Recovery Software

Recommendation for Win 11 Backup and Recovery Software: I would appreciate any recommendations for backup & recovery software for my new Acer Aspire XC desktop computer. I'm running Win 11 Home 22H2. I only back-up once a week as this is simply an email and light games home computer. The software must:1. Be able to back-up the...
  8. After creating a Microsoft Backup recovery drive on a 14 TB HDD using Windows 11, can I...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After creating a Microsoft Backup recovery drive on a 14 TB HDD using Windows 11, can I...: I've just created a Microsoft Backup recovery drive on a 14 TB external HDD. In addition to the 32 GB Active Primary Partition, there is a 2016 GB Unallocated Partition and a !0991 GB Unallocated on the recovery drive. Can I store other data to be backed up in the 10,991 GB...
  9. After creating a Microsoft Backup recovery drive on a 14 TB HDD using Windows 11, can I...

After creating a Microsoft Backup recovery drive on a 14 TB HDD using Windows 11, can I...: I've just created a Microsoft Backup recovery drive on a 14 TB external HDD. In addition to the 32 GB Active Primary Partition, there is a 2016 GB Unallocated Partition and a !0991 GB Unallocated on the recovery drive. Can I store other data to be backed up in the 10,991 GB...
  10. BitLocker password and recovery key LOST. Without backup email.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BitLocker password and recovery key LOST. Without backup email.: Hi. I have lost my BitLocker password and recovery code for it. Also, I do not possess the email that contains the recovery code, because I installed a new Windows and a new email but the BitLocker was on one of the drives. So, how can I recover a 48-digit recovery code or...