Windows 10: Windows 10 backup settings?

Discus and support Windows 10 backup settings? in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Hello, quick question, Does windows 10 backups settings like theme, mail and other settings as windows 8.1 onedrive did? You basically set up a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by Marko1401, Oct 18, 2015.

1. Marko1401 Win User

Windows 10 backup settings?

Hello, quick question,

Does windows 10 backups settings like theme, mail and other settings as windows 8.1 onedrive did?

You basically set up a new computer and sign into onedrive and it pulled all your settings onto your new computer.
    Does it do the same with win 10?

Would be good.
    I asked because I signed into my onedrive account recently and saw that my latest "backup" was from over a month old and not updated.

:)

Marko1401, Oct 18, 2015

2. Windows 10 Unexpected shutdown on start up

OK, so i figured it out myself

Found the logfile in "C:\Windows\Minidump".

You need the Windows Development Kit to open it and a bit of googling to understand it.

Found out that a Daemon driver caused an error. Removed Daemon but this didn't solve it. (ps: Daemon itself worked normally).

I let hibernate my computer again and found another error with sptd2.sys: SCSI Pass Through Direct layer

More google and ended up on the duplexsecure site. Downloaded the W10 version and voila: problem fixed.

For the Windows support team: It would be really helpfull if you could pass problems to a more skilled helpdesk who can do more than proposing the standard solutions in case those won't work.

Cheers

windows-10, Oct 18, 2015
  3. Windows 10 Unexpected shutdown on start up

OK, so I also found out that this occurs when sleepmode (for me after 3 hours) changes into hibernate mode.

Seems like the going into hibernate and/or starting up from HIbernate results in a shutdown. In safeboot it works perfectly.

Anyone any idea how I can figure out where it goes wrong. Is there a way to log this (I couldn't find it in bootlog)

windows-10, Oct 18, 2015
  4. Cliff S New Member

Yup. It sure does. I used Win10 preview, on another PC, before I bought my Win8.1 PC, and after I initially installed Win8, I had the same desktop as 10 preview.

Cliff S, Oct 18, 2015
  5. Marko1401 Win User
    Ok. Will a win10 computer run same settings on a win10 another computer if you sign in to onedrive etc?

New computers of course. Im asking basically is it an embedded option?

Win 8.1 had it solved nicely. It synced your desktop theme, passwords etc.

Im probably buying a win 10 desktop along my laptop.

Marko1401, Oct 18, 2015
  6. Cliff S New Member
    You can sync what you wish in the settings menu under accounts>sync your settings for the Microsoft account being used. If you wish to avoid this on a fresh machine, after the installation gets to desktop(gotta be fast here) go to accounts and untick the sync settings. Of course not everything is sync'd, just what in that list is. Is this what you want to know? Or have I misunderstood?

Cliff S, Oct 18, 2015
  7. Marko1401 Win User
    Ok. Got it.

Should work then. tnx

I want it all synced. Theme, mail settings etc.

Marko1401, Oct 18, 2015
  8. Cliff S New Member

Oh apps need to be re-setup. Some like Weather, Mail & Calendar are different(better in my opinion) than Win8's.

Cliff S, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 backup settings? - Similar Threads - backup settings

2. doses win 11 backup save include programs, features and settings?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    doses win 11 backup save include programs, features and settings?: doses win 11 backup save include programs, features and settings? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/doses-win-11-backup-save-include-programs-features/d337be75-04af-4e2c-8163-20b2ef6bcd16
  3. doses win 11 backup save include programs, features and settings?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    doses win 11 backup save include programs, features and settings?: doses win 11 backup save include programs, features and settings? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/doses-win-11-backup-save-include-programs-features/d337be75-04af-4e2c-8163-20b2ef6bcd16
  4. Backup folder is not showing up on OneDrive settings.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Backup folder is not showing up on OneDrive settings.: On Windows 11, when I go into settings - accounts - it shows my OneDrive as backed up. When I actually log into OneDrive and look at the settings, the Backup tab is missing. I've tried all of the steps that are suggested including re-installing OneDrive but with no success....
  5. Backup folder is not showing up on OneDrive settings.

Backup folder is not showing up on OneDrive settings.: On Windows 11, when I go into settings - accounts - it shows my OneDrive as backed up. When I actually log into OneDrive and look at the settings, the Backup tab is missing. I've tried all of the steps that are suggested including re-installing OneDrive but with no success....
  6. Can't access Windows Backup app and Backup options and Windows backup in Settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't access Windows Backup app and Backup options and Windows backup in Settings: Hello.I'm using Windows 11 Pro and can't access Windows Backup app and Backup options and Windows backup in Settings. They're crashing. I tried it in Safe mode also. In Event Viewer I got this:Faulting application name: SystemSettings.exe, version: 10.0.22621.2792, time...
  7. Can't access Windows Backup app and Backup options and Windows backup in Settings

Can't access Windows Backup app and Backup options and Windows backup in Settings: Hello.I'm using Windows 11 Pro and can't access Windows Backup app and Backup options and Windows backup in Settings. They're crashing. I tried it in Safe mode also. In Event Viewer I got this:Faulting application name: SystemSettings.exe, version: 10.0.22621.2792, time...
  8. If I backup my laptop using the default backup i.e one drive will i get my settings,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    If I backup my laptop using the default backup i.e one drive will i get my settings,...: Umm the title is my questions thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/if-i-backup-my-laptop-using-the-default-backup-ie/880af015-24ac-40eb-adf3-3b3c31e5b4f4
  9. If I backup my laptop using the default backup i.e one drive will i get my settings,...

If I backup my laptop using the default backup i.e one drive will i get my settings,...: Umm the title is my questions thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/if-i-backup-my-laptop-using-the-default-backup-ie/880af015-24ac-40eb-adf3-3b3c31e5b4f4
  10. Windows backup and sync settings is greyed out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows backup and sync settings is greyed out: I'm using 2 accounts in my Windows 11. One work account and one private account so I can use 2 OneDrives. The private account is used to sync i.e. photos from my cell phone which isn't possible to do with the work account due to GDPR. So I have 2x 1TB available for i.e....