Windows 10: Windows 10 Backup System Image Stuck at 97%

Discus and support Windows 10 Backup System Image Stuck at 97% in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I will make this as Short N' Sweet as possible. I like using the words, "Short N' Sweet". Anyways, for the past well-over 4 hours, creating a system... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by iEloxity, Feb 27, 2020.

1. iEloxity Win User

Windows 10 Backup System Image Stuck at 97%

I will make this as Short N' Sweet as possible. I like using the words, "Short N' Sweet". Anyways, for the past well-over 4 hours, creating a system image/windows backup has been stuck at 97% and I'm told it's natural to wait this prolonged amount of time. Although the backup itself has taken from 3Pm today to as late as 9Pm.

Windows 10 Backup System Image Stuck at 97% 436de840-0ea8-4abe-a8e7-ed9cfbae2c05?upload=true.jpg Windows 10 Backup System Image Stuck at 97% 5ad8af57-5bcf-4fcb-9282-85976530e069?upload=true.jpg

So.... I'm not a Grammy-nominated Mathematician, but you count them all together and overall it's been the loudest silence ever for10 hours while holding the same sitting position, staring at my computer with a seemingly concerned expression on my face just... waiting. For. It. To. Finish. I'm in tremendous pain. I need help. With possible computer problems, not my physical health. Please and thank you! I'm aware this is more a minor problem and I may be missing something but I hope I'm not robbing any experts of their pleasure in assisting somebody else. Thanks once again.

:)

iEloxity, Feb 27, 2020
  2. JipéJIPE Win User

System Image Backup Stalling at 97%

Hi, sorry for my english, I spek french.

I've a similar problem with windows 10 version 1511, my backup stalls at 97 % during creation of system image.

After some hours, nothing changes but my PC goes to sleep automatically.

If I suppress the creation of system image in the backup settings, the backup finished normally after some minutes.

At the moment the backup stalls at 97 % , an error occurs in the event viewer:

CAPI12 Event 513

AddLegacyDriverFiles: Unable to back up image of binary Protocole LLDP (Link Layer Discovery Protocol) Microsoft.

System Error:

Acces denied.

Like you, I've tested different solutions after creating a restore point to get back.

The error disappear but the backup continue to stalls at 97 %.

I went back to my previous retore point awaiting a Microsoft solution.

I will also mention that I've made 2 days ago a new clean install of win 10. Backup works correctly.

After update to win 10 version 1511 yesterday, the backup problem is back, stalling at 97 %

Best regards.

JipéJIPE, Feb 27, 2020
  3. JH17-23 Win User
    Windows backup stuck at 97% 'creating a system image' for 6 hours.

Every month or so I'll run a Windows backup of my Steam directory located in Prog. Files and my personal user account data alongside a full system image backup. I have a 2TB internal HDD of which I've have 1.2TB remaining and I'm backing up via USB 3.0 to
    a Seagate Backup Plus 2TB external HDD. On previous occasions this backup tended to take 4-5 hours to fully complete, spending about 2 of them at 97% 'Creating a system image of Windows (CWindows 10 Backup System Image Stuck at 97% :)' but always completing very soon after. I initiated a backup at 1pm
    today, it is now 9:30pm and the progress bar has been at 97% 'creating the system image' for the last 6 hours, during this period I've had very little interactivity with the computer and left it to run but when I took note of my external HDD's storage remaining
    statistic on its properties page, it's only dropped by 4GB in the last hour which would imply that it's only done 24GB of my 600GB system image backup in the last 6 hours? Since my last backup I've only added at most an additional 75GB to my system so I'm
    perplexed as to why the backup time has shot up from a 4 hour norm to 8 hours and counting. The fact that my external HDD is dropping in file size suggests that it isn't completely not-responding but at 4GB an hour via USB 3.0 something's going on. Should
    I cancel it? What would a cancellation affect and why has my transfer rate dropped so low?

JH17-23, Feb 27, 2020
  4. 84397522 Win User

System Image Backup Stalling at 97%

Help.

My backup peaks at the 97% mark.

Is there another way to bypass the traditional Microsoft backup? Another software pgm that works?

(FYI...I have jumped through the hoops suggested, and nothing works. I am tired of the chores.)

Please help.

84397522, Feb 27, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Backup System Image Stuck at 97% - Similar Threads - Backup System Image

2. Backup to external hard drive stuck at 97%

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Backup to external hard drive stuck at 97%: Hello,I'm trying to backup to an external hard drive but it keeps getting stuck at 97%. I've installed all Windows updates, done a clean boot of my PC and scanned the disc for errors none found. I have plenty of space on my hard drive. Any assistance you can provide in...
  3. Backup stuck at 97%

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Backup stuck at 97%: I updated to Windows 11 when it came out, and prior to that I used to backup to an eternal hard drive every few weeks or so.However now I'm finding that when I try to backup I get stuck at 97%. No error message or other warnings, and then eventually the green bar turned red...
  4. Backup stuck at 97%

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Backup stuck at 97%: I updated to Windows 11 when it came out, and prior to that I used to backup to an eternal hard drive every few weeks or so.However now I'm finding that when I try to backup I get stuck at 97%. No error message or other warnings, and then eventually the green bar turned red...
  5. Windows 10 Backup stuck at 97% creating system image

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Backup stuck at 97% creating system image: Here is some solutions that may help with the issue of Windows 10 Backup using the Windows 7 Backup utility. getting stuck, The length of time a backup of the image files will take can be determined by using the Task Manager to see the rate of disk data transfer. If the Disk...
  6. Windows 10 Backup System Image Stuck at 97% - Fixed by running Disk Optimization on...

Windows 10 Backup System Image Stuck at 97% - Fixed by running Disk Optimization on...: I had the problem with the Windows 10 Backup System Image being stuck at 97% and none of the fixes previously reported fixed the problem. I then tried running the Disk Optimization on the destination drive for the backup. The Optimization took some time, but the backup then...
  7. System Image Backup Stalling at 97% reborn

System Image Backup Stalling at 97% reborn: Hello, I've seen that you already have the very same thread existed, and that thread was created in 2015 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/system-image-backup-stalling-at-97/5fe7e395-e36b-4dd8-8252-26b3e2dab1aa. It is awful that it still was...
  8. System Image Backup hanging at 97%

System Image Backup hanging at 97%: Trust MS to have not completed yet another useless OS. Perhaps if they concentrated more in the past 20 years at actually trying to create a functioning OS instead of concentrating on how to steal peoples personal data and creating back doors, windows! and cameras into...
  9. image creation stuck at 97%

image creation stuck at 97%: I have just upgraded to windows version 1909 and I am trying to create an image the process is stucked at 97 % for 5 hours I have tried it on 3 different external drives with 500G free space...
  10. Win 10 image backup hangs at 97%

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Win 10 image backup hangs at 97%: I see this same issue being reports starting in 2016 with additional post in 2017, but I have not seen a resolution. Talking to the PC manufacture and Microsoft support resulted in no resolution. Yes, 3rd party software works, but I can't buy that for every system i sell....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows backup 97% solved fix

2. system image backup hangs

3. windows backup gets stuck at 97%

4. creating system image 97%