Windows 10: Windows 10 Backup to External HD Error

Discus and support Windows 10 Backup to External HD Error in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; When using Windows 10 (thru the Control Panel Security feature backup and restore) and trying to create a backup of my computer to an external HD I get... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Rossguy_544, Mar 22, 2019.

1. Windows 10 Backup to External HD Error

When using Windows 10 (thru the Control Panel Security feature backup and restore) and trying to create a backup of my computer to an external HD I get the following error message:

The file or directory is corrupted or unreadable. Details:Access is denied.

Error Code: 0x80070570

How do I overcome this error and back up my computer to the external HD?

:)

Rossguy_544, Mar 22, 2019

2. Backup on external HD

I have several external HD units for backup.

All units turn on was accessible in computer and ready for backup via SyncToy.

In Win 10 the external HD sowed op the first two days. Then disappeared one by one.

All discs had its own drive letter.

Now only one external HD is accessible.

Wil that HD disappear too.

Jorn Dalsgaard, Mar 22, 2019
  3. rkfjr Win User
    cant backup to external hd

cant backup to external hd win 10 64bit goes to 60% then i get error ox80070002 is there a Microsoft fix it fot win10 updates I cant seem to find it or how can I fix this

rkfjr, Mar 22, 2019
  4. Windows 10 Backup to External HD Error

External HD Connection Problem

I have attached an external HD to my computer running Windows 10 and it will not show up in my drive list. The properties shows it as Seagate.ink - what is an ink file and any suggestions as to how I can get it to work?

ColleenTreacy, Mar 22, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Backup to External HD Error

1. Windows 10 Backup to External HD Error - Similar Threads - Backup External Error

2. External HD for backup Question

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    External HD for backup Question: I'd like to know what size external HD I should get, looks like my C drive is 222 GB?should I get a SSD? Is there anything else I should know about these ext H drives?I plan on cloning the whole disc if that matters....
  3. Not able to backup files located on an external HD

Not able to backup files located on an external HD: Hi I need to backup mp3 files located on the external HD "XXX". I go to Control Panel and Backup settings and i set as backup untit the external drive "YYY", then i remove all the default folder to be backup music, documents, downloads and so on and I add a folder on HD...
  4. External HD

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    External HD: External HD is recognized but does not appear in My Computer on Windows 10 PRO system https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-hd/d98debb3-1b03-42de-9643-d5d53ad30a5e
  5. Partition portion of External HD for System Files Backup

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Partition portion of External HD for System Files Backup: Current Windows Version 2004 (OS Build 1904.329) I have a secondary 3TB External USB HD. Once formatted leaves me with 2.72 TB of storage. What I would like to do is have two partitions on this physical drive. Logical Drive K which would have about 600gb and that would leave...
  6. Backup folder not visible on external HD

Backup folder not visible on external HD: On my 2 Tb WD external drive I have some standard folders that are visible. However I cant find the WD backup folder. My standard folders take up less than 500 Gb and it shows only 1.07 Mb is available. File explore options" are set to "Show hidden files, folders and...
  7. win 10 hd backup

win 10 hd backup: have a dell 153765 laptop with 1tg and wd 2 tg external hd can i backup my win 10 hard drive with image to this external drive that has other files on it? data backups from this laptop and history files from another pc?...
  8. Does BackUp to an external hd do a new backup with date?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Does BackUp to an external hd do a new backup with date?: I have been backing up my Win10 to external harddrives. However, when I check the harddrives, the only File History I can find was dated 1.31.18 It seems as if when I want to change the HD used, the laptop balks at this and I have to go to Adv. Settings and turn backup on...
  9. Win 10 pro no longer recognizes external backup HD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Win 10 pro no longer recognizes external backup HD: Win 10 no longer recognizes the external 2TB Fantom Drive for backup. 1. Uninstalled the drive using device manager. Cold booted. 2. Plugged in the HD (external power and 3.0 USB connection) 3. Does it's set up thing. Then there is a ! on the USB attached SCSI Mass...
  10. External HD

External HD: 1. I have a external HD that is compatible with windows 7 or 8. When I upgrade to windows 10 will I still be able to use it? 2. Can I download windows 10 ISO to a external HD and then install windows 10 right off of that same external HD? 16269