Windows 10: Windows 10 - backup to flash drive

Discus and support Windows 10 - backup to flash drive in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; All of a sudden I'm getting a notice that my backup didn't complete. I've been using an Infinitive 32GB flash drive for backups for about 6 months... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by SavEm12, Feb 2, 2019.

1. SavEm12 Win User

Windows 10 - backup to flash drive

All of a sudden I'm getting a notice that my backup didn't complete. I've been using an Infinitive 32GB flash drive for backups for about 6 months now. It says it couldn't complete the backup because "The media is write protected." I've used 2 different flash drives & get the same message. How do I undo the 'write protect' mode? Does anyone know?

:)

SavEm12, Feb 2, 2019
  2. Scrizz Win User

Windows 10

no, you can't go back..
    I suggest creating a backup image of your os drive

Scrizz, Feb 2, 2019
  3. Windows 10

its already there. there is a hard set factory image from samsung. problem is it takes a long time to get that backup into the drive again and destroys the C drive data.

so looks like i wont be trying windows 10 anytime soon *Stick Out Tongue Windows 10 - backup to flash drive :p

de.das.dude, Feb 2, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 2, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 - backup to flash drive - Similar Threads - backup flash drive

2. create file backup using a flash drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    create file backup using a flash drive: How do I copy all of my word documents, I have Office Professional Plus 2016. I want to create a back up of these files on a flash drive. It's the safest way to save them in case future updates for my office program is changed on the next Windows 10 Home Updates. Or you can...
  3. dual USB Flash drive as backup for passwords?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    dual USB Flash drive as backup for passwords?: This seems as if there is a simple "yes" answer, but please let me know if I've missed anything. If the repair-install on my Win10 goes very bad* and I can't reboot, I'd like to at least be able to get online for banking/bill-pay and for email by using a phone as a last...
  4. usb flash drive "is not a valid backup location "

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    usb flash drive "is not a valid backup location ": trying to create sys image for new win10, attempt to write to a 64 gb ntfs formatted flash drive formatted with diskpart and rufus, same error "not a valid backup location this seems to be an ongoing problem based on all the comments. what is the resolution? does MS...
  5. Backup with a flash drive

Backup with a flash drive: How do I backup my everything on my computer with a flash drive ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/backup-with-a-flash-drive/cf74c072-6d70-4648-94bd-9df6bb783f3d
  6. Installing windows 10 in flash drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Installing windows 10 in flash drive: What assignment unit size do i need to choose? I have the options of: 8192,16,32 and 64kb submitted by /u/lililpotato [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jvgaig/installing_windows_10_in_flash_drive/
  7. I cannot backup the image on a Flash Drive , I get "the drive is not a valid backup...

I cannot backup the image on a Flash Drive , I get "the drive is not a valid backup...: I cannot backup the image on a Flash Drive , I get "the drive is not a valid backup location" error https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cannot-backup-the-image-on-a-flash-drive-i-get/049adb15-5397-48e6-9134-f92276c4f054
  8. Backup files on windos 10 to a flash drive

Backup files on windos 10 to a flash drive: How do I backup files on my laptop w/ windows 10..? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/backup-files-on-windos-10-to-a-flash-drive/f915758e-4d3a-4ae5-8832-d3874f9d3ce6
  9. Flash drive on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Flash drive on Windows 10: The flash drive on my Windows 10 is not appearing on the menu. How can I correct this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/flash-drive-on-windows-10/2969472e-d7f8-4af4-b422-1bfd57f1e978
  10. Backup to Flash Drive

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Backup to Flash Drive: I am experimenting backing up my personal documents on to a flash drive (no moving parts) rather than an external hard drive but I'm facing a problem creating folders on the flash drive. Say my computer is called XYZ, the external hard drive allows me to create folders, like...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 backup flash drive

2. windows back up flashdrive

3. windows 10 backup on flash drive