Windows 10: Windows 10 backup vs. Acronis backup

Discus and support Windows 10 backup vs. Acronis backup in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Should I switch Windows 10 backup off and is Acronis Backup a good program. If so I will order Acronis online. Thanks. I had a problem recently where... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by KentBarlow1, Dec 25, 2018.

1. Windows 10 backup vs. Acronis backup

Should I switch Windows 10 backup off and is Acronis Backup a good program. If so I will order Acronis online. Thanks. I had a problem recently where Windows 10(7) backup would stop at 97% and run all night. I never had this happen before until the recent update to version 1803. Any suggestions as to why? thanks.

:)

KentBarlow1, Dec 25, 2018
  2. twilyth Win User

Backup utility

Cobian backup will do file backups locally or to ftp, with or without encryption and compression. However it doesn't do image backups, which is really what you need if want to fully restore your system.

I've used the W7 back up program and Acronis a few times to restore a system and both work great. With Acronis though, you need to burn the recovery cd they suggest FOR EACH and EVERY machine you use it on.

One problem with W7 backup is that seems to break easily. On one machine I did an upgrade re-install and the backup utility doesn't work. No luck in trouble shooting it either. So I now rely on Acronis exclusively for image backups. But I use Cobian for file backups to ftp.

twilyth, Dec 25, 2018
  3. amj2011 Win User
    automatic Windows 10 and Acronis Backup version

Hi,

We got an offer from Acronis tru AVG which expires the 9th of july 2015, so I contacted them to ask them if this upgrade supports Windows 10, due to the fact that Windows 10 like their previous Windows 8.1 and 8.0 DOES NOT have a proper backup programme,
    you can only back up your data with FILEHISTORY, period.

If you want a complete backup and restore your windows you'll need a programme like Acronis.

I contacted them tru CHAT and the conclusion was:

• the upgrade they offering was a beta version
    • and they wait for Windows 10 becomes officially
    • they advise me to wait till Acronis had a complete version
    • and then upgrade to Windows 10
    So you probably understand in which dilemma I am in,

If the Automatic Upgrade to Windows 10 is before Acronis Backup is ready, I can not Backup Windows 10 at all

I like to know what advise Microsoft will give in this situation

Thank you

amj2011, Dec 25, 2018
  4. Stecyk Win User

Windows 10 backup vs. Acronis backup

Windows 10 Backup Versus Acronis Backup 12

• Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
    • Acronis Backup 12

I am curious if there is any advantage of using a commercial backup software when we already have Windows 10 Backup. I am not using sophisticated features or elaborate configurations. Instead, I want to have peace of mind knowing that I can backup my computer on a daily or weekly basis.

I have been a long time user of Acronis True Image for Home and then more recently Acronis Backup. I am comfortable with the software and have my backups. I am wondering, though, using Windows Backup would be an equally good or better choice? Does anyone have any thoughts or reasons why one method is superior to the other?

Stecyk, Dec 25, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 backup vs. Acronis backup

1. Windows 10 backup vs. Acronis backup - Similar Threads - backup Acronis backup

2. Drive Imaging problems -- Acronis vs W10 backup tool

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Drive Imaging problems -- Acronis vs W10 backup tool: Acronis Problems.I have been having file-system corruption problems with Acronis True Image's "Linux Rescue Media" when restoring partitions.The partitions that get restored end up with a slightly corrupt NTFS records. Sometimes this is only evident after seeing driver...
  3. Drive Imaging problems -- Acronis vs W10 backup tool

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Drive Imaging problems -- Acronis vs W10 backup tool: Acronis Problems.I have been having file-system corruption problems with Acronis True Image's "Linux Rescue Media" when restoring partitions.The partitions that get restored end up with a slightly corrupt NTFS records. Sometimes this is only evident after seeing driver...
  4. Drive Imaging problems -- Acronis vs W10 backup tool

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. backup and restore: Windows 7 vs. 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    backup and restore: Windows 7 vs. 10: Windows 7 Backup and Restore had an option to create a system image, which I included with the backup files on an external drive. What is the Windows 10 backup System Image equivalent, and how is it created?...
  6. Acronis or Macrium as a "home" backup solution?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Acronis or Macrium as a "home" backup solution?: Hello. I don't know if I should buy Acronis or Macrium for my backup. I want to backup in the following way: 1 backup a week, incremental backup, keeping the last 4 chain of backup (so I want some sort of autocleaning for older chains). One backup job is in 2 parts, one...
  7. Backup vs history

Backup vs history: I had bad experience with win 8.1 history back, it did not worked. Is the windows backup history reliable, or should I use windows 7 backup? Thanks 87287
  8. Differential Backup Size vs. Full Backup Size

Differential Backup Size vs. Full Backup Size: My backup process is to manually do a full system backup followed by periodic differential backups until the size of the differential backup gets too big. My question is how big is too big? My thinking (and this is just a guess) is that when the differential backup is about...
  9. Windows 10 Backup Versus Acronis Backup 12

Windows 10 Backup Versus Acronis Backup 12: Windows 10 Pro 64 bit Acronis Backup 12 I am curious if there is any advantage of using a commercial backup software when we already have Windows 10 Backup. I am not using sophisticated features or elaborate configurations. Instead, I want to have peace of mind knowing...
  10. Backup/Recovery tools - Acronis vs Macrium

Backup/Recovery tools - Acronis vs Macrium: Please forgive me for not reading the whole "Window 10 Recovery Tools" thread before posting this, but that's a very long thread. I am a long time user of Acronis True Image. Lately I've run into a few peculiarities that have me looking at alternatives. A number of people...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 backup vs acronis

2. compare acronis backup to windows 10 backup