Windows 10: Windows 10 backup will not list all drives.

Discus and support Windows 10 backup will not list all drives. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have partitioned and renamed a portion of a disk which I wanted to use as my backup drive. My PC is running the latest version of Windows and I have... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by WilliamO' Brien, Dec 27, 2020.

1. Windows 10 backup will not list all drives.

I have partitioned and renamed a portion of a disk which I wanted to use as my backup drive. My PC is running the latest version of Windows and I have administrative rights. When I try to add a drive I only get one or two listed but not my designated drive. Under advanced options I can only get 3 drives listed. I have run troubleshooter to no avail and all drives are NTFS. Any suggestions thanks.

:)

WilliamO' Brien, Dec 27, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 27, 2020
  3. Changing Destination Drive for Backup in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if this helps:

• Press Windows key.
    • Type in Backup and Restore.
    • Under Backup or restore your files select set up backup.
    • Once the set up starts you'll get an option to choose the destination drive.
    • And then follow the onscreen instructions.

For additional information refer to the link below and check if this helps:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/backup-and-restore-in-windows-10

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Andria Maria Mendez, Dec 27, 2020
  4. Geekoid Win User

Windows 10 backup will not list all drives.

Using network hard drive for backup

It depends what sort of backup you want to do. If you're happy just backing up regular files, then there are a bazillion (really, that many!) different bits of freeware to do that. There is a good list here:

Download Back Up Tools for Windows - MajorGeeks

and pretty much all of them can do network backups. Some even have fancy options like encryption. Really, the most useful thing is just being able to schedule them and know they ran OK.

You may also want to make a system image backup too, and you'll find that software in the very same list.

I don't have Windows 8 as yet, so I'm afraid I can't suggest any for that platform. Personally, I use Clonezilla for image backups.

Geekoid, Dec 27, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 backup will not list all drives.

1. Windows 10 backup will not list all drives. - Similar Threads - backup list drives

2. How do I see the list of all my old Windows Backups?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I see the list of all my old Windows Backups?: So I was installing Windows 11 a few days ago and when setting it up it gave me an option to choose a backup which had a list of old Windows Desktops that date back to 2016 even ones from my old Computer from years ago. Is there any other ways I can see this list again...
  3. How do I see the list of all my old Windows Backups?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I see the list of all my old Windows Backups?: So I was installing Windows 11 a few days ago and when setting it up it gave me an option to choose a backup which had a list of old Windows Desktops that date back to 2016 even ones from my old Computer from years ago. Is there any other ways I can see this list again...
  4. Backup list of installed apps?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Backup list of installed apps?: Getting ready to do a fresh install of Windows 10 on my laptop that I use in my music studio and I have lots programs that I’ve installed over the last few years that I might not use all the time but still need and don’t want to forget about installing them on the new W10...
  5. Windows 10 - backup to flash drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 - backup to flash drive: All of a sudden I'm getting a notice that my backup didn't complete. I've been using an Infinitive 32GB flash drive for backups for about 6 months now. It says it couldn't complete the backup because "The media is write protected." I've used 2 different flash drives & get...
  6. Backup Options: Lists of Folders to backup or exclude

in Windows 10 Customization
    Backup Options: Lists of Folders to backup or exclude: Settings - Backup Options has lists of folders to back up and folders to exclude. I want NOTHING in either list. But all I can do is ADD to those lists. If I add a folder to EXCLUDE, it goes off backup and appears in EXCLUDE. But that's NOT what I want. I just want to delete...
  7. List All Installed Printers in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    List All Installed Printers in Windows 10: How to: List All Installed Printers in Windows 10 How to List All Installed Printers in Windows 10 If you have installed printers on your Windows 10 device, then you may want to see a list of all installed printer along with the printer details and properties. This...
  8. windows 10 reads backup drive

in Windows 10 Support
    windows 10 reads backup drive: Hello, when I play music on media player win 10 reads my backup drive and accesses the internet this slows the computer and media player locks up. Is win 10 storing on the cloud? 96413
  9. Backup and Restore Folders on Start List in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Backup and Restore Folders on Start List in Windows 10: How to: Backup and Restore Folders on Start List in Windows 10 How to Backup and Restore Folders on Start List in Windows 10 The Start menu in Windows 10 has a Start list that you can choose which folders appear on Start in the list. You can add or remove the File...
  10. Windows 10 empty all apps list

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 empty all apps list: I'm not sure when this started happening. Might have been after a Windows update and the system reboot. I've been living with it for a couple weeks now. When I click All apps in the start menu, the list is empty. The apps in the most used list are still populated and when...