Windows 10: Windows 10 Backup without backing up files

Discus and support Windows 10 Backup without backing up files in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Is it possible to backup the windows 10 OS without backing up the files? I tried creating a system image to my external HDD 2 TB with 275 GB unused... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Niel Jhon Villanueva, Oct 25, 2018.

1. Windows 10 Backup without backing up files

Is it possible to backup the windows 10 OS without backing up the files?

I tried creating a system image to my external HDD 2 TB with 275 GB unused space, but it won't allow me saying it should at least be 460 GB free. I already backed up the files separately. I just want to have windows 10 backed up because my PC (laptop) was originally with Windows 8 built-in on it then I updated it to Windows 10 for free. I was told in my recent inquiry that if I reset my PC it would go back to the original Windows 8 version of my OS and I don't want to pay for another upgrade to Windows 10. I want to reset my PC or even reformat the whole thing. Because I encountered a problem where in Windows 10 failing to boot and just showing the blue screen luckily I fixed it with going to safe mode. Thanks in advance.

:)

Niel Jhon Villanueva, Oct 25, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 25, 2018
  3. Scrizz Win User
    Windows 10

no, you can't go back..
    I suggest creating a backup image of your os drive

Scrizz, Oct 25, 2018
  4. Geekoid Win User

Windows 10 Backup without backing up files

Using network hard drive for backup

It depends what sort of backup you want to do. If you're happy just backing up regular files, then there are a bazillion (really, that many!) different bits of freeware to do that. There is a good list here:

http://www.majorgeeks.com/mg/sortname/back_up.html

and pretty much all of them can do network backups. Some even have fancy options like encryption. Really, the most useful thing is just being able to schedule them and know they ran OK.

You may also want to make a system image backup too, and you'll find that software in the very same list.

I don't have Windows 8 as yet, so I'm afraid I can't suggest any for that platform. Personally, I use Clonezilla for image backups.

Geekoid, Oct 25, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Backup without backing up files

1. Windows 10 Backup without backing up files - Similar Threads - Backup without backing

2. windows 10 "backup" not backing up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 10 "backup" not backing up: On this computer, windows 10, the backup page shows its backing up and also the time it finished.On my office computer, that has just had the operating system re -installed , today I tried to back it up to the flash drive and it would not back up. I had a geek squad tech out...
  3. windows 10 "backup" not backing up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 10 "backup" not backing up: On this computer, windows 10, the backup page shows its backing up and also the time it finished.On my office computer, that has just had the operating system re -installed , today I tried to back it up to the flash drive and it would not back up. I had a geek squad tech out...
  4. windows 10 "backup" not backing up

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Is there a way of backing up windows without the files?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way of backing up windows without the files?: I don't want the files. just windows. submitted by /u/A_manR [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hyy73x/is_there_a_way_of_backing_up_windows_without_the/
  6. Windows 10 Auto backup not backing up.

Windows 10 Auto backup not backing up.: I have auto backup set to run every 3 hours but it doesn't actually backup. I have "Automatically backup my files" enabled. What should I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-auto-backup-not-backing-up/f54e32bd-1859-421a-b43b-7cf8f8ffae29
  7. File History Fails to backup Files. Not a single file is backup. Backing up Status is on....

File History Fails to backup Files. Not a single file is backup. Backing up Status is on....: File History Fails to backup Files. Not a single file is backup. Backing up Status is on. Screen[ATTACH]Shot of Error Log Enclosed https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-history-fails-to-backup-files-not-a-single/df51b595-feab-46ec-9440-c50d0d1fee2f
  8. Files from secondary HDD not backed up with Windows 10 file history backup

Files from secondary HDD not backed up with Windows 10 file history backup: hello community, ive been trying to resolve this issue for days now, without any luck. I am setting up a new external HDD for file history backup on windows 10. Everything seemed to work fine at the beginning. The backup started and ran over night. The next day i...
  9. Backup encountered a problem while backing up file in windows 10

Backup encountered a problem while backing up file in windows 10: Backup encountered a problem while backing up file C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\Dropbox. Error:(STATUS_WAIT_2 (0x80070002)) i read the forums but have not seen Microsoft resolve this problem in any of the latest updates since 2018. i have reset my PC and this...
  10. Windows 10 backup not backing up all my files

Windows 10 backup not backing up all my files: External Drive When I set up an external backup on my new laptop and run like I did on my former PC, the following occurs: Documents (folder) - 0 content Music (folder) - has content Pictures (folder) - 0 content Videos (folder - has content PC drive Upon checking...