Windows 10: Windows 10 Backup(

Discus and support Windows 10 Backup( in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I’ve decided to be much more disciplined about backing up my data and, perhaps my hard drive as well. And I’ve purchased a solid state 1Tb external... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JimMohundro, Jun 9, 2019.

1. Windows 10 Backup(

I’ve decided to be much more disciplined about backing up my data and, perhaps my hard drive as well. And I’ve purchased a solid state 1Tb external drive (I’m also researching options for, additionally, also backing up to “the cloud).

I’ve reviewed several pieces of software, both free and at the fairly modest cost, but I’m wondering about MS own backup tools in Win 10. I’ve read that Windows at one time included a backup program (in Win 7?) but that it is no longer supported. Is this the “File Directory” application or some other? Some of the sites discussing backup software programs suggest that one could simply use File Directory instead of a commercial or free non-MS application.

Does File Directory still exist in Win 10 or is it the MS backup program that is no longer supported (and could go away with a major Win upgrade)?

:)

JimMohundro, Jun 9, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 9, 2019
  3. Scrizz Win User
    Windows 10

no, you can't go back..
    I suggest creating a backup image of your os drive

Scrizz, Jun 9, 2019
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Windows 10 Backup(

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Jun 9, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Backup(

1. Windows 10 Backup( - Similar Threads - Backup

2. Visual C++ Redistributable error while installing Blupointe backup manager software

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Visual C++ Redistributable error while installing Blupointe backup manager software: Good afternoon, i have a associate using windows 10 (64 bit) OS. I’ve been attempting to download and install Blupointe backup manager software to set up cloud backup. I downloaded the bp-16.8.0.162.38.exe file several times and saved to downloads folder. I double...
  3. Sudden Backup Failure -- Error Message 0x807800C5

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Sudden Backup Failure -- Error Message 0x807800C5: Hello, I'm trying to find out how to help my sister -- very recently when she tried to backup her computer (to portable drive 1) and backup her files (to portable drive 2) she got an error message -- 0x807800C5. I looked at the information on the Microsoft site about this...
  4. How to backup emails in Windows 10 Mail

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to backup emails in Windows 10 Mail: Hi I am using Windows 10 Mail and found it very good. However I want to know the process of backing and restoring the emails in this application. I have tried internet research but its of no use so far since I do not have folders as mentioned in these forums. Any help would...
  5. Backup 0x807800c5 error for Win 10 1903

Backup 0x807800c5 error for Win 10 1903: I had problems with the Backup not running, so I loaded 1903. It then started to work, the issue was a Shadow Copy. I did one backup, but now I cannot complete the backup. It copies all the app files, but then when it tries to create a system image copy it fails with...
  6. Backup and Restore - Exclude drive from system image backup

Backup and Restore - Exclude drive from system image backup: Hello, I have a quick question about "Backup and Restore (Windows 7)" feature on Windows 10. I set up a backup months ago to include a system image and some personal data and everything worked fine. I notice this backup feature tried to backup my game dedicated drive...
  7. Macrium Reflect backups take up too much space

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Macrium Reflect backups take up too much space: Hi All, Reflect backups take a lot of my disk space. what is the convenient setting for auto back ups? 134928
  8. Windows backup image error "server threw an exception" AFTER update to v. 1903

Windows backup image error "server threw an exception" AFTER update to v. 1903: At the successful installation of every feature update and every month in between I do a Windows image from the command prompt. I haven't made any changes to my computer hardware and I've successfully created many backups in the past. I used Powershell admin, and Command...
  9. WD Backup installer fails to recognise WD drive

WD Backup installer fails to recognise WD drive: I just bought a My Passport. I cannot get the WD Backup to install. During the process I get a message that says it cannot see a target drive. The drive is visible in windows 10 explorer and is recognised by Windows Backup. Looking forward to your help. Thanks...
  10. Backup encountered a problem while backing up a file

Backup encountered a problem while backing up a file: C:\Users\……\Pictures\Camera Roll Error: (STATUS_WAIT_2 (0x80070002) C:\Users\……\OneDrive\Documents\OneDrive\Documents. Error: (STATUS_WAIT_3 (0x80070003) C:\Users\……\Pictures\Scotland 1986-05\Scotland 1986-09. Error: (STATUS_WAIT_3 (0x80070003) C:\Users\……\Pictures\Saved...