Windows 10: Windows 10 Bad Install/Problems after install/ Black screen issue

Discus and support Windows 10 Bad Install/Problems after install/ Black screen issue in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Whenever I log on, I get a black screen with a cursor. I can access my files and go online through task manager but my desktop doesn't load up. This... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by newcant, Aug 1, 2015.

1. newcant Win User

Windows 10 Bad Install/Problems after install/ Black screen issue

Whenever I log on, I get a black screen with a cursor. I can access my files and go online through task manager but my desktop doesn't load up.
    This has led me to believe that maybe that part of the install went bad and those files were never made during that time.
    Anyone know how to fix this issue?

:)

newcant, Aug 1, 2015

2. Windows 10 Installation Problems

After up grading to Win 10, my screen started to blink and the lap top was frozen in this blinking mode. After restarting computer many times, it is stuck in the Win 10 load process with the circle of dots spinning around and around while the load process
    goes no where. I have tested all hardware and it is OK. I tried the Win 10 fix and it still is in the same mode where the dots spin around and around, but operating system does not load and start up

I have a 64 bit HP Lap Top that was running Win 8.1 without any problems before trying to load Win 10.

Win10 Install Problems, Aug 1, 2015
  3. Andre Da Costa, Aug 1, 2015
  4. AVI
    Avi Win User

Hello Friends,
    To resolve the Black Screen Issue Try these Steps :
    (A)
    1. Press (Ctrl+alt+delete)
    2. Select the option Task Manager
    3. In the task manager, go to file, click on new, type MSCONFIG
    4. In MSCONFIG Select Normal Startup
    5. In MSCONFIG Click on Services, Below down check the Box HIDE ALL MICROSOFT SERVICES, Click Disable All
    6. Then Click on Startup After Services, Click Apply and OK, Restart your Computer, you will able to get into Windows 10 Desktop
    (B)
    1. Press Windows Key+R( Run box will appear on the screen)
    2. Type in devmgmt.msc
    3. Click on Display adapter, Right click with a mouse, click on update, it will search for updates, if it not updated, right click on Properties, Select Details, In details select Option (Hardware ID's), you can find the hardware name and vendor details, (Example, vendor 80002-Dell, Go to dell website and update the driver from there).
    This is the best resolution it will work out, Try it once *Smile

5. Hey thanks I tried that but it didn't work for me, I've re-installed it and nothing explore.exe works for a few minutes while everything is loading and then boom bye bye, after that my only option to access anything is through Task Manager

Joselino09, Aug 4, 2015
  6. Bumping this because I'm having the same exact issue, and the above did not work at all.

insanelane, Aug 7, 2015
  7. Keldian Win User
    Keldian, Aug 8, 2015
  8. Windows 10 Bad Install/Problems after install/ Black screen issue

I literally just read that thread and NOTHING in it helped me. Therefore, Here I am.

Also, their "problem" is not the same as the OP listed. We have access to our files and ect.
    I don't have a log in problem. I can open the task manager and run most of my files.
    I even tried something from that thread for good measure, still nothing.

So yeah. B U M P.

insanelane, Aug 8, 2015
  9. Keldian Win User
    First off, we can't be expected to know what you've already tried if you don't state it first.

Second, your comment proves you didn't read all the posts, because some (notably, my own post there) do describe the exact same symptoms as you.

Lastly, there's no point bumping the thread ad nauseum. We know. This is an ongoing issue, and there's no one-size-fits-all fix yet. In fact, it most likely needs to be corrected by a MS patch.

Keldian, Aug 8, 2015
  10. First, Sorry, I'm not Raven Symone, I can't see into the future.

Second, Hunty, I saw your comment. Your issue is nothing like ours. You had a regular login, no? We don't have a login issue. We're at our desktop, which is a blank black screen. It auto-opens up "My PC" as it's explorer.exe and we're able to run programs we find in either the folder or through Task Manager's run feature.

Lastly, I bumped this thread because it was the first thread I saw that had my actual symptoms. I'm running low on hope. I work from this computer, and I'm unable make it fully functional due to this problem. I honestly regret upgrading.

insanelane, Aug 8, 2015
  11. Bazz Win User
    Try this

This feature only works when you do a SHUTDOWN and then Boot.
    It doesn't effect a RESTART.
    To turn it off or on...
    Go to Control panel...Power Options, and select Choose What the Power Buttons Do on the left.
    Then select Change Settings That are Currently Unavailable near the top center of screen...
    Lower down on the window, uncheck Fast Startup.

12. Tried this, didn't work.

insanelane, Aug 8, 2015
  13. Keldian Win User

I'm confused right now. If you don't have a login issue, that means your login is regular. An "issue" is a problem. I think your wording could use some work, because that's what led me to believe you have the same symptoms.

I didn't ask you why you bumped the thread, I just said it's pointless. To be frank, W10 is a disaster right now. As an I.T. professional who's been trying to tame it for the past week, I can tell you that it's going to be a while before it's reliable for work use. You have a valid reason for downgrading.

Keldian, Aug 8, 2015
  14. newcant Win User
    Good to see I'm not the only one with the issue. It is manageable and I'm ok with temporarily using the task manager and that but it is starting to get tedious. If anything I'm more surprised Microsoft haven't commented on this problem. Surely they'd have some kind of fix for it after going through the beta last year.....

newcant, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Bad Install/Problems after install/ Black screen issue - Similar Threads - Bad Install Problems

2. Black Screen Problem after installing update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black Screen Problem after installing update: Split from this thread. I have noticed the same issue using Windows updates for 22h2. The update last for an hour or more and a black screen is present. Eventually the login screen appears but after authentication it says the update is still pending. If I restart, it goes...
  3. Black Screen Problem after installing update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black Screen Problem after installing update: Split from this thread. I have noticed the same issue using Windows updates for 22h2. The update last for an hour or more and a black screen is present. Eventually the login screen appears but after authentication it says the update is still pending. If I restart, it goes...
  4. Black Screen after Install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black Screen after Install: Good day. Here I am thinking I was clever to do a freah install of windows to get rid of junk. To start, here is my system:MSI B550M Mortar MoBoRyzen 5 5600X CPUGTX970 4gb GPU old faithfulKingston 512 m.22 x 8GB DDR4 2666 Ram only one currently installed in A2So, I did a...
  5. Black Screen after Install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black Screen after Install: Good day. Here I am thinking I was clever to do a freah install of windows to get rid of junk. To start, here is my system:MSI B550M Mortar MoBoRyzen 5 5600X CPUGTX970 4gb GPU old faithfulKingston 512 m.22 x 8GB DDR4 2666 Ram only one currently installed in A2So, I did a...
  6. Black Screen after Install

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Black screen after installation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Black screen after installation: So, this problem has arisen since the release of version 1703. My computer immediately after installing this update showed a black screen with no cursor and no ability to call any program. I tried to clean install with formatting the entire disk, did not help. I reread all...
  8. Windows black screen after installing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows black screen after installing: I installed windows 10 x64 and after loading the desktop, the screen blacked out. I can only boot through safe mode and I've looked throght many forums but nothing seems to work. Please help!...
  9. Black screen after windows 10 install.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Black screen after windows 10 install.: My laptop Acer Aspire 5750-6831 worked perfectly for about two years with windows 7 64 bit, and after migrating to Windows 10, now presents the following problem: Only the blue LED of utility power and the fan turn on. Nothing else works even keyboard or mouse - the screen...
  10. Windows 10 Black screen problem NOT AFTER INSTALlATION

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Black screen problem NOT AFTER INSTALlATION: So yesterday i went shut down my computer, however the computer hadn't shut off after a few minutes so I physically held down the power button to make sure it was off. Then later that day I turned on my PC and everything was normal, the Windows 10 logo came up, then went to a...