Windows 10: Windows 10 - bad to worse

Discus and support Windows 10 - bad to worse in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I've long since stopped using my Windows 10 laptop, due to the horrendous updates that trash everything. For most things i use an iPad Pro, and i can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Player825071963, Jul 27, 2020.

1. Windows 10 - bad to worse

I've long since stopped using my Windows 10 laptop, due to the horrendous updates that trash everything.

For most things i use an iPad Pro, and i can do absolutely everything on it. No crashes, no update horror stories, and everything just works. The iPad Pro is also much quicker than Windows 10.

The iPad Pro is absolutely priceless.

The only thing i use my Windows 10 laptop for is storage. If i want to save anything onto the laptop i make sure i switch it on an hour before use, as that's how long it can take before i stand a chance of actually saving anything!

Using Windows 10 for storage means at least i can make some use of the laptop. Until now....

I wanted to move some files onto the laptop, and it took 2 house before anything actually worked!

I was hoping Microsoft would have learnt that their updates are causing huge problems for everyday users. I'm lucky that i have an iPad Pro. I feel sorry for those who don't have an alternative operating system, from Apple to Chromebooks.

I was hoping that Microsoft would have improved the Operating System. In reality, Windows 10 has gone from bad to worse.

I hope people realise that Windows 10 is finished and i would recommend buying an iPad, Mac, or Chromebook.

Trust me, you won't regret ditching Windows 10. Will be saving up to buy a Mac, and then i'll have the storage space i need. And then finally i can sell my Windows 10 laptop. Hopefully i can still get some money for it.

RIP. Windows 10

:)

Player825071963, Jul 27, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 27, 2020
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Jul 27, 2020
  4. Delta6326 Win User

Windows 10 - bad to worse

Delta6326, Jul 27, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 - bad to worse

1. Windows 10 - bad to worse - Similar Threads - bad worse

2. The latest Windows 11 update is bad. Video is the worse I've ever seen it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The latest Windows 11 update is bad. Video is the worse I've ever seen it: Every video I try to watch since this latest beta update Build 260058_ge_release 240209-1555 is flat garbage. My videos on Youtube time out and simply don't load up anymore. They only buffer then time out...
  3. The latest Windows 11 update is bad. Video is the worse I've ever seen it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The latest Windows 11 update is bad. Video is the worse I've ever seen it: Every video I try to watch since this latest beta update Build 260058_ge_release 240209-1555 is flat garbage. My videos on Youtube time out and simply don't load up anymore. They only buffer then time out...
  4. New Microsoft operating systems like Windows 10 and 11 are going from bad to worse.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New Microsoft operating systems like Windows 10 and 11 are going from bad to worse.: every time there is a new version for windows 10 and 11, consume more ram space, even disabling all functions as well as unnecessary services, ram in each new version is increasing: Although there are hidden ways to disable Windows Update, you will never get the performance...
  5. New Microsoft operating systems like Windows 10 and 11 are going from bad to worse.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New Microsoft operating systems like Windows 10 and 11 are going from bad to worse.: every time there is a new version for windows 10 and 11, consume more ram space, even disabling all functions as well as unnecessary services, ram in each new version is increasing: Although there are hidden ways to disable Windows Update, you will never get the performance...
  6. Driver problems going from bad to worse

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Driver problems going from bad to worse: Hi,Recently I've been experiencing tons of blue screen crashes on my computer. The error messages seemed to indicate that there was an issue with my drivers, so I tried multiple solutions such as disabling/uninstalling/reinstalling my Nvidia GeForce driver, running scannow,...
  7. Current Pending Sectors: How bad is it? How to stop it getting worse?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Current Pending Sectors: How bad is it? How to stop it getting worse?: Summary: Two of my external hard drives have both developed "Current Pending Sectors". 1TB-drive: 11 Currently Pending Sectors initially. Evacuation/Backup went mostly fine, but rose to 12 Current Pending Sectors while copying a folder containing the most recent data. Further...
  8. My display quality is very bad, probably 720p or worse

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My display quality is very bad, probably 720p or worse: I have a relatively old pc and a brand new Alienware monitor but my display is bad and i was wondering if the problem is my graphics card. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-display-quality-is-very-bad-probably-720p-or/a077b3ac-684f-42b2-9475-bf3199eebcd1
  9. Network Dead, from bad to worse.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network Dead, from bad to worse.: Here is the deal...I don't know what is wrong. There was a lightning storm here. When I got up my internet was messed up. I have a Mac and a PC connected via an ASUS router. Both the Mac and the PC were only giving me 10meg speed on my 200meg connection. So I called the...
  10. It crashed, then I made it worse (Legacy->UEFI) on bad advice.

in Windows 10 Support
    It crashed, then I made it worse (Legacy->UEFI) on bad advice.: Hello all, So, I updated to Win 10 three weeks ago. All was fine until my system froze yesterday evening. I did a hard reboot, but after the initial Win 10 loading screen I got a blue loading screen that blinked endlessly like it was having a seizure. After multiple...