Windows 10: Windows 10 Balloon tips/notification

Discus and support Windows 10 Balloon tips/notification in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, Can i manage a balloon tips/notification in Windows 10? I know i can disable or enable this but i want to enable only the ones i will choose... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by damiankisielkislanski, Feb 4, 2019.

1. Windows 10 Balloon tips/notification

Hello,

Can i manage a balloon tips/notification in Windows 10? I know i can disable or enable this but i want to enable only the ones i will choose (e.q "You password has been expired" or "Your Windows computer is at high risk"). Can we manage this in gpedit.msc or powershell to choose what pop-up i want to have?

Best regards,

Damian

:)

damiankisielkislanski, Feb 4, 2019
  2. VandIT Win User

Enable Balloon Tips in Windows 10?

Windows 10 Balloon tips/notification [​IMG]

how enable old Windows 7 style Balloon Tips in Windows 10? *Eek

VandIT, Feb 4, 2019
  3. App Won't Show Balloon Tip Notifications in Windows 10

I am writing a VB.NET application in VS2017, to run on Windows 10. I want the main (and only) Form to minimize down to a System Tray icon. That part I have working fine. The next part, display a Balloon Tip popup notification (e.g., "Application is still running"), is not working at all.

I have already checked/noted the following:

• The NotifyIcon object has an icon assigned to it in the designer grid as well as in the vb.net code-behind for the form, as does its associated BalloonTipIcon member/property
    • The Group Policy on the the machine does not appear to forbid the use of Balloon Tips
    • Balloon tips do not appear to be disabled in the registry
    • The program works as expected in Windows 8.1 Pro and displays the BalloonTip, but does not in Windows 10 Enterprise N 2016 LTSB.

The machine is located in a domain that does have Group Policy administration going on, however the resultant policy set found on my machine does not seem to indicate that balloon tips have been disabled.

Copying-and-pasting exact code from StackOverflow does not work. The problem must then be in the system itself.

This is the code (which works on W8.1 but not W10):

Where else can I look?

Cross-posted on StackOverflow

David Mancini, Feb 4, 2019
  4. Windows 10 Balloon tips/notification

Balloon tips get in the way.

Is there a way to disable balloon tips or make them less obtrusive.
    Since I'm not sure I'm using the right term, this is what the items I'm talking about look like:

Windows 10 Balloon tips/notification [​IMG]

gregyurkon, Feb 4, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Balloon tips/notification

1. Windows 10 Balloon tips/notification - Similar Threads - Balloon tips notification

2. Balloon notifications in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Balloon notifications in Windows 10?: Hi. So, I am someone who really liked the old balloon notifications and wants to get them back in Windows 10. I tried the only method for me which is the registry tweak. But it keeps showing the same toast notifications. Any way I could fix this?Thanks!My version: Windows 10...
  3. Balloon notifications in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Balloon notifications in Windows 10?: Hi. So, I am someone who really liked the old balloon notifications and wants to get them back in Windows 10. I tried the only method for me which is the registry tweak. But it keeps showing the same toast notifications. Any way I could fix this?Thanks!My version: Windows 10...
  4. Balloon notifications in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Restoring balloon notifications

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Restoring balloon notifications: I hate the toasters, and want classic balloon notifications back. I’ve tried editing the group policy, and changing the registry key, but the change won’t take effect. Has this feature been removed? I’m on LTSC version 1809. Thanks! submitted by /u/L-sportsinterviews...
  6. Legacy Balloon Notifications are Toast! bad pun

Legacy Balloon Notifications are Toast! bad pun: TL;DR Hello, we recently upgraded our office from Windows 7 to Windows 10 and, among other things, we've lost our Print Notifications. Previously, we would get a pop-up balloon/bubble in the lower right system tray whenever a print job was sent to the printer. Since...
  7. Windows 10 Pop Up balloon notification for printing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Pop Up balloon notification for printing: [ATTACH] Having trouble getting the printer pop up balloon to show up on my PC I did a couple of things that i saw on forums: - Checking Server Properties -Notifications & Actions - Placing them manually in regedit. These things did not work for me. Other things like...
  8. Disable Windows 10 Game Bar tips and notifications

in Windows 10 News
    Disable Windows 10 Game Bar tips and notifications: The Game Bar feature of the Windows 10 operating system has come a long way since first bits of the feature were introduced in earlier versions of the operating system. Game Bar, or more precisely Xbox Game Bar, is a built-in feature of the Windows 10 operating system that...
  9. Enable Balloon Tips in Windows 10?

Enable Balloon Tips in Windows 10?: [img] how enable old Windows 7 style Balloon Tips in Windows 10? *Eek 14502
  10. Balloon tips get in the way.

in Windows 10 Support
    Balloon tips get in the way.: Is there a way to disable balloon tips or make them less obtrusive. Since I'm not sure I'm using the right term, this is what the items I'm talking about look like: [img] 82615