Windows 10: Windows 10 Barebones

Discus and support Windows 10 Barebones in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; So i should be clear about the title, what i mean is ofcourse certain things like gamebar are handy when gaming with xbox friends and VC Voice Chat.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Durand1981, Apr 1, 2021.

1. Windows 10 Barebones

So i should be clear about the title, what i mean is ofcourse certain things like gamebar are handy when gaming with xbox friends and VC Voice Chat.

But it runs in the background so far as i can tell 100% uptime I could be wrong, but it appears to be this way.

However while this is a minor annoyance i do NOT want windows EDGE i do NOT need a calculator, or a map, or video codecs.....

The list goes on i just need to run steam and be able to play my fave games and stream using OBS without a million other things clogging up my CPU and SSD space.

Surely with todays tech this can happen, so why am i being bombarded with **** i niether want or need ??

Their are crappy work arounds that are not perma options to remove certain things but then may break your OS, what good is that ??

So why MS do you keep intentionally alienating your consumers, clients, customers, what ever we are ??

If i wanted any of the above just like we used to... A quick google search and oh look i can have a calculator Windows 10 Barebones :D great so why do i need you to force it on my machine ???

:)

Durand1981, Apr 1, 2021
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Apr 1, 2021
  3. Windows 10 and Barebone VM installation

Hello all Community members. I've been a silent lurker for quite a while (please accept my apology) and I hope I can contribute more in the future.

I have a question regarding the Windows 10 upgrade.

My PC is a DIY Gigabyte motherboard with Intel i7 16G Ram 1 x 2GB hard drives 2 x 1 GB hard drives with OS installation as follows:

• Partition A: Windows 8.1 boot record and folders containing Windows 8+WMC (personal), Windows 8.1 (personal) and Windows 7E (from my office) in .vhd format set as barebone VM.
    • Partition B: Vista installation (for memory sake).
    • Partition C: Debian Wheezy
    • Partition D: FreeBSD
    • Partition E: CentOS 5.xx
    All installation is in the 1GB hard drive, the other 1GB drive is for data and the 2GB for backup.

I already get a GWX notification in my Windows 8.1 vhd installation and I really want to upgrade to Windows 10.

Every time I start my PC it will boot to Windows 8.1 boot menu, so I can choose one of the OSes to work with. I need help from the community regarding:

• Would Windows 10 support the above barebone VM configuration? What I mean is it possible to install Windows 10 in a vhd container?
    • Is it possible to boot to Windows 10 and choose lower version of Windows in the above configuration (or vice versa)?

Your kind help would be highly appreciated.

R Agi Sagita G

R Agi SagitaGunadarma, Apr 1, 2021
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Windows 10 Barebones

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Apr 1, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 Barebones

1. Windows 10 Barebones - Similar Threads - Barebones

2. when will microsoft release a barebone version of 10?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    when will microsoft release a barebone version of 10?: will microsoft ever release a barebone version of windows 10 without all those apps & extra baggage? i liked it more so when 7 sp1 pro for example or even XP pro didn't have a bunch of silly apps that IMHO are a waste of time for smart people....
  3. Reinstall Barebones Win7, Then Online Upgrade to 10 for Clean Upgrade?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reinstall Barebones Win7, Then Online Upgrade to 10 for Clean Upgrade?: This question applied to the free online upgrade from Win7 or 8 to Win 10 that was offered and probably now applies to the Accessibility upgrade that is still being offered. So let's say I currently have Win7 and it's slow with adware (It hasn't been maintained properly -...