Windows 10: Windows 10, Basic Video Adapter + HDMI Audio

Discus and support Windows 10, Basic Video Adapter + HDMI Audio in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Computer processor 5005u has problems. The PC turns off when the system boots up after 3-5 seconds. There is no problem in UEFI. The temperature is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Nik_BY, Apr 12, 2021.

1. Nik_BY Win User

Windows 10, Basic Video Adapter + HDMI Audio

Computer processor 5005u has problems. The PC turns off when the system boots up after 3-5 seconds. There is no problem in UEFI. The temperature is normal. There are no viruses.

When removing the video driver from Intel graphics - when the "Microsoft Basic Adapter" is activated - there is no problem, the computer works stably and for a long time.

But then there is no sound through HDMI. Most likely the problem is with some internal instructions of the graphics core. Is it possible to get sound over HDMI to work with a standard driver from Microsoft.

How to connect? Install HDMI Audio only. We tried all versions of Intel drivers, the problem remains, the computer turns off every 10 seconds if not faster, sometimes even the desktop does not have time to be displayed. Before that, disabling "hardware acceleration" in the browser helped a little earlier. But I do not have it. Now even in Linux Ubuntu the computer is shutting down.

:)

Nik_BY, Apr 12, 2021
  2. Zander490 Win User

HDMI audio device "Not plugged in" but shows video

So recently I tried to connect my Acer Aspire V 15 laptop into a screen using HDMI. The video worked, but the audio did not play through the tv speakers.

I tried...
    • different screen
    • Different HDMI cable
    • Restarting
    • Reinstalling Audio/Video Drivers
    • Updating video/audio drivers
    • Audio Troubleshooter
    • Installing generic driver (Microsoft Basic Display Adapter)

But then when I manually updated the Intel Graphics Driver OVER the generic driver, I finally had audio.
    Just thought you guys might want to know since there's a million other ways to fix it on google. Or maybe I read them wrong... Ah well.

Zander490, Apr 12, 2021
  3. kjl1956 Win User
    Can't get sound through HDMI cable

What make of video card do you have and is there more than one.

If you right click the audio icon on the taskbar, select playback devices, see

what listed, if more than one pick the one corresponding to your hdmi.

Realtek audio can be built in speakers or digital out like coax or fiber.

Amd (ati) nvidia or intel should have a specific driver for the hdmi,

this should also be in device manager listings under audio inputs

and outputs and sound video and game controllers.

It may also that you have the microsoft basic display driver installed

on your system, that would be listed under display adapters.

kjl1956, Apr 12, 2021
  4. Windows 10, Basic Video Adapter + HDMI Audio

HDMI audio

I enjoy watching TV shows on my PC through windows 10 and an HDMI cable. It was working great until the past couple of weeks. The video is fine, but there is no audio. I have not changed settings. Is RealTek the speakers in the PC? Shouldn't the HDMI be
    listed somewhere. Please respond.

DanRooney1, Apr 12, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10, Basic Video Adapter + HDMI Audio

1. Windows 10, Basic Video Adapter + HDMI Audio - Similar Threads - Basic Video Adapter

2. Does Microsoft Basic Display Adapter support HDMI?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does Microsoft Basic Display Adapter support HDMI?: Hello Comunity?I have a problem with my graphics AMD Radeon R5. With the updated driver the laptop freezes for a second every 3/4 second aaaaaaallllll the time!!!Imagine having a computer that freezes every 3 seconds for 1 second, nonstop. It's very frustrating. You cant do...
  3. Does Microsoft Basic Display Adapter support HDMI?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Does Microsoft Basic Display Adapter support HDMI?: Hello Comunity?I have a problem with my graphics AMD Radeon R5. With the updated driver the laptop freezes for a second every 3/4 second aaaaaaallllll the time!!!Imagine having a computer that freezes every 3 seconds for 1 second, nonstop. It's very frustrating. You cant do...
  4. Does Microsoft Basic Display Adapter support HDMI?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. HDMI audio working but video not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    HDMI audio working but video not working: Hi so when I plug my HDMI cable into my laptop it was originally playing the video but had an audio error so I did a troubleshoot and it fixed the audio but somehow the video has now stopped working, I've updated the drivers restarted my laptop multiple times, the TV is...
  6. MSUSB Video USB-HDMI Adapter

MSUSB Video USB-HDMI Adapter: I have just got a generic USB3-hdmi adapter , I have plugged it in and it is searching for a driver, which the device did not come with , Where can i down load one ? , I have no manufacturer name on the product or the packaging.Device manager recognises it but says there is...
  7. HDMI to VGA + audio jack 3,5 adapter

HDMI to VGA + audio jack 3,5 adapter: The audio jack is plug into the motherboard? Please advise and reply. Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hdmi-to-vga-audio-jack-35-adapter/02da186c-8be9-4fc8-814d-1e63e9e7e0f8
  8. Basic video editing in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Basic video editing in Windows 10: I would like to edit video captured from my iPhone on my Windows 10 device. I receive a message that I need to purchase a codec from a 3rd party. Please advise....
  9. Using Microsoft Basic Display Adapter, doesn't support HDMI

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Using Microsoft Basic Display Adapter, doesn't support HDMI: Hello, Frustratingly, unless I use the Microsoft basic display adapter, I can't change my brightness. However, I can't use HDMI with this driver. Has anyone else experienced this problem? 66341
  10. Laptop HDMI to TV: video but no audio

Laptop HDMI to TV: video but no audio: Okay. I'm having one heck of a time trying to get this thing to work. I recently purchased a new Asus laptop running Windows 10. I have it plugged in to an HDMI switcher which, in turn, runs to my TV. Now the problem is I am getting no audio from my TV speakers, but the video...