Windows 10: Windows 10 Batch files not opening without admin privileges

Discus and support Windows 10 Batch files not opening without admin privileges in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Since the past few weeks my PC has been having this issue that whenever I open any batch file (*.bat) it gives me an error message saying "Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by SahilBhatnagar909, Jan 6, 2019.

1. Windows 10 Batch files not opening without admin privileges

Since the past few weeks my PC has been having this issue that whenever I open any batch file (*.bat) it gives me an error message saying "Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item." I am signed into an administrator account. The batch file will run if I right click the file and run it as admin. However, i want to access the bat file without doing this, since I have installed an application that needs to run batch files in the background, which used to work correctly, until now. Please Note: I have added the batch file's location to exclusions in Kaspersky antivirus 2019, so that's not the problem. I also have only one primary partition. I have been looking for a solution but nothing seems to work. Please help.

Here is a screenshot of the error message:

Windows 10 Batch files not opening without admin privileges 3cc5d921-865c-4d93-aaa7-791bc6462b9a?upload=true.png

:)

SahilBhatnagar909, Jan 6, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 6, 2019
  3. Batch file

hello,

i am not so good in creating batch files i need some help in creating one.

in the following path

C:\Windows\System32\spool\PRINTERS

there is a .SHD and .SPL file created when prints launched

i need a batch file to open the .SPL in notepad first then on closing the notepad opened, all the files .SHD and .SPL are permanently deleted

any help please

code to open the notepad is as below

start notepad "C:\windows\system32\spool\printers\FP00002.SPL"

the file is opened but there are unwanted characters that appear as well as below

Windows 10 Batch files not opening without admin privileges upload_2014-6-19_10-43-2-png.png

Sandeep Bhugoo, Jan 6, 2019
  4. Bentley12 Win User

Windows 10 Batch files not opening without admin privileges

Batch File to list files from two seperat networks

Hello,

I work in a factory where multiple PCs are on seperate VLANs. I need to view contents of a directory from one VLAN called "Admin" and compare it with individual directories from multiple PCs on another VLAN called "Shop" ("Shop" is not part of the Domain)

I have created a VB script that will compare two txt files and report the diffences. So I am trying to create two text files from each VLAN using a batch file. The batch file will be ran from a PC with two network cards so it can see both VLANs.

I can easily create the list from the "Admin" network using:
    dir /b \\Server\Share\ > Active.txt

The "Shop" list is different. It needs a username and password. All Shop PCs have the same user name and password but I'm not sure how to structure the script to create a list from multiple PCs using a user name and password.
    If I open the folders from Windows and enter the credentials then a script like this will work:
    dir /b \\PC_Name1\Share > Programs.txt
    dir /b \\PC_Name2\Share >> Programs.txt

Using the command above without first opening the folder and entering the credentials gives this error: Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password

Thanks in advance for any help.

Bentley12, Jan 6, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Batch files not opening without admin privileges

1. Windows 10 Batch files not opening without admin privileges - Similar Threads - Batch files opening

2. How do I reinstate admin privileges for Windows 10 User without having admin privileges?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I reinstate admin privileges for Windows 10 User without having admin privileges?: I mistakenly set up a new machine with a Microsoft account instead of a local user, so I created a new local user in the computer management screen and added that user to the admin group, but when I returned to account settings screen, there was no option to "switch to a...
  3. How do I reinstate admin privileges for Windows 10 User without having admin privileges?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I reinstate admin privileges for Windows 10 User without having admin privileges?: I mistakenly set up a new machine with a Microsoft account instead of a local user, so I created a new local user in the computer management screen and added that user to the admin group, but when I returned to account settings screen, there was no option to "switch to a...
  4. How do I reinstate admin privileges for Windows 10 User without having admin privileges?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Open Application with admin privileges without UAC

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Open Application with admin privileges without UAC: One system in domain and I wanted to open particular application with Admin rights without UAC prompt.other applications should not get the All admin privileges'. don't want to touch any registry edit, No third party applications.User will remain Normal domain User...
  6. Open Application with admin privileges without UAC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Open Application with admin privileges without UAC: One system in domain and I wanted to open particular application with Admin rights without UAC prompt.other applications should not get the All admin privileges'. don't want to touch any registry edit, No third party applications.User will remain Normal domain User...
  7. Open Application with admin privileges without UAC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Admin account but no admin privileges-Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Admin account but no admin privileges-Windows 10: i have a brand new machine. no internet access this is by design. i set up an admin account and a user account following the usual general instructions. I want to check to see if I have UEFI in order to set user restrictions, but the machine says I don't have admin privileges...
  9. Windows 10 Admin Privilege

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Admin Privilege: Alright, so I just reset my windows 10 on my computer. The whole reason why I reset my computer was to actually have admin privileges that actually worked. Before I even reset my computer I was listed as an admin. Turns out that wasn't true at all. I don't know what I am...
  10. Create Admin account without Admin privileges

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Create Admin account without Admin privileges: I purchased a laptop from my high school because i need it for homework at home as a personal computer but i cant do much with the laptop because i dont have access to the administrator account, i checked and there is no administrator account on it, it hasnt been disabled...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. FP00002.spl