Windows 10: Windows 10 Batch Folder Renaming - cmd?

Discus and support Windows 10 Batch Folder Renaming - cmd? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am looking to rename a bunch of folders ex test 01 test 02 test 03 and change them to test 001 test 002 test 003 I am assuming easiest... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JDFields01, Dec 13, 2018.

1. Windows 10 Batch Folder Renaming - cmd?

I am looking to rename a bunch of folders ex

test 01

test 02

test 03

and change them to

test 001

test 002

test 003

I am assuming easiest way would to be using cmd

I thought it would be

ren "*" "*_0*"

not sure what i am doing wrong

:)

JDFields01, Dec 13, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 13, 2018
  3. files and folders "renaming music folder to audio"

Hello,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.

• Are you facing any issues in renaming folder?
    • When you say, "music folder does not apply anymore as a primary designation" what exactly are you referring to?
    Follow the steps below to rename folder:

• Right click on a folder which you want to rename.
    • Select Rename and enter new name for it.
    Hope this helps. Kindly get back to us with the above details to assist you further.

Thank You.

ThofikhAhamad, Dec 13, 2018
  4. Windows 10 Batch Folder Renaming - cmd?

Windows and CMD- renaming a file in CMD

Steps I've done

Here what happens

• turn on PC

• start windows

• get blue screen ( message NTFS file)

• it reboots returns to diagnosing PC

• Diagnose and repair fails

• I move to advance options

• will not reset windows , I click on CMD

things I've tried
    commands:

reagentc /disable

reagentc /enable

*************************FAILED
    not recognized

Please advise

RandallBrock, Dec 13, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Batch Folder Renaming - cmd?

1. Windows 10 Batch Folder Renaming - cmd? - Similar Threads - Batch Folder Renaming

2. Manually sorting and batch renaming photos in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Manually sorting and batch renaming photos in Windows 10: recently got a new computer with Windows 10. I know how to manually move my pictures in a folder to put them in the order I wa by moving them one at a time to a new position, and I also know how to batch rename them. The problem I am having is that once they are renamed, some...
  3. batch rename files

in Windows 10 Support
    batch rename files: hello, id like to remove characters in file names... using cmd, ive been able to remove "." (the dot) and replace it with a space and but hopefully keep the extention id like bou.bou.bou.txt to be renamed to bou bou bou.txt i tried : ren *.*.??? * *.??? obviously i want to...
  4. Batch renaming folders Help

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Batch renaming folders Help: I found some folders on my A: drive the drive I assigned to my EXHDD because nostalgia that had slightly misleading names. Basically these folders have certain words/phrases in their names that I wanted to remove entirely. The only way I can think to do that is to go to...
  5. Rename files in batch.

Rename files in batch.: Hi All.. I am having some files nearly 2000 in nos. in a particular folder. I just need to replace some portion. Is it possible that I can do it instantaneously.. if so please guide....Details are furnished below.Old file Name : P12478-12-71-41-1781-01.dwg...
  6. Batch Renaming photos

Batch Renaming photos: I have been renaming groups of photps but suddenly its not doing it the same way. What I am doing: 1. Control A to select all photos in the folder 2. Right clicking first photo and selecting “rename” 3. Typing title, i.e. “March 2019” then hitting return In the past,...
  7. Graphics in Cmd or Batch?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Graphics in Cmd or Batch?: Hello, i want to insert graphics into a batch script, i know it works, but i don't know a command to do so. TIA LG creativeandmore Grafik in Cmd oder Batch?
  8. renaming cmd

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    renaming cmd: hey guys i forgot my laptops password not long time ago so i had to rename cmd to utilman and utilman to ultimana. now i need to change it back and it doesnt let me bc of trustedinstaller. i changed settings that me (administrator) could change the name but it still doesnt...
  9. Batch Rename in Powershell

Batch Rename in Powershell: I'm trying to rename all the image files in a folder by appending a 1- in front of each file name using this command: Dir Rename-Item -NewName {$_.name -replace "IMG_*.*","1-IMG_*.*"} A typical file name is IMG_0001-Wolf.jpg. I get the following error message for each...
  10. How to Batch Rename files ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to Batch Rename files ?: I have a lot of files i want to give names to. I already found a way to get names into a text I need. So all these names i have in text, i want to give to other files. How do i do this in a batch process ? Currently trying to learn FastStone Image viewer. Seems to be...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. window batch folder name

2. win10 batch rename directory

3. batch rename folders windows 10