Windows 10: Windows 10 became suddenly unreliable, with Crash after Crash!

Discus and support Windows 10 became suddenly unreliable, with Crash after Crash! in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Windows 10 has been working like a Dream but now its turned into a nightmare! Constantly Crashing after an hour of use, has anyone else had this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Cyberdesigner, Nov 19, 2015.

1. Windows 10 became suddenly unreliable, with Crash after Crash!

Windows 10 has been working like a Dream but now its turned into a nightmare! Constantly Crashing after an hour of use, has anyone else had this problem, as its been working fine for months.

:)

Cyberdesigner, Nov 19, 2015

2. Start menu crashes as does computer

After Windows 10 install, the Start button would often crash, or would only display the right click list of functions. The Windows 8.1 like screen appears on occasion but ultimately either crashes the Start button or no longer appears at all. The whole thing
    seems very unreliable. Sometimes when I try to click the start button the screen goes dark then reappears. Have installed all updates.

any help welcome. Thanks

Yikesbikes, Nov 19, 2015
  3. Computer crashes after start up

No other ones no, the last time it happened, the fan became unusually loud during start up, it then crashed shortly after. Is it possible for a computer to freeze/crash from being too cold while running?

OliverSundin, Nov 19, 2015
  4. Ztruker Win User

Windows 10 became suddenly unreliable, with Crash after Crash!

My first question is, what has changed? Did you add or remove any hardware or software? Did you install any Windows Updates?
    Have you run scans with your anti-virus and Malwarebytes Anti-malware?

Ztruker, Nov 19, 2015
  5. JohnC Win User
    JohnC, Nov 19, 2015
  6. If windows installed a recent bad driver, that may have been an issue...

DustSailor, Nov 19, 2015
  7. Whatphoeb Win User
    Maybe some automatic update causing Windows 10 keeps crashing, you might consider to reinstall windows to be honest.

Whatphoeb, Nov 19, 2015
  8. Windows 10 became suddenly unreliable, with Crash after Crash!

Hi
    Nothing has changed but the problems seem to coincide with an Automatic Update, everything was working fine before that, then it kept constantly Crashing about every hour.

Cyberdesigner, Nov 19, 2015
  9. Ztruker Win User
    Uninstall the latest updates, see if that resolves the problem.

Start menu, Settings, Update & Security, Advanced Options.
    View your update history.
    Uninstall updates.
    Look at the Installed on column on far right to see when a update was installed.
    Right click on the ones you want to get rid of and select Uninstall.

Ztruker, Nov 20, 2015
  10. Atomic77 Win User
    No problems with Windows 10 here. I did have to drop Google chrome and switch to the Microsoft edge browser though because my email page stopped functioning in chrome.

Atomic77, Nov 20, 2015
  11. Hi

While I might have to try doing that, I'm also thinking the updates are sent for a reason and hoping that the problem might resolve itself.

It Crashes a lot when viewing YouTube, even though I have plenty of Ram and a Fast Processor.

So I'll hang in a bit longer and see if it cures itself.

Cyberdesigner, Nov 20, 2015
  12. PatM Win User
    Cyberdesigner did your machine ever remedy itself? I have a laptop that was working fine for the past 6 weeks on Win10 and then all of a sudden I would start getting low memory warnings and a computer that would be off in the morning with all work lost from the previous evening.

Thanks,

Pat

13. 10G
    10G Win User

14. Hi Pat

All my Favourites disappeared, my saved passwords (I only save the non important ones) disappeared, I had to type at the Speed of about one letter every 10 seconds, when replying to an email on Yahoo or a Bell would keep donging away while the little blue Circle thingy kept Spinning round.

Worst of all was YouTube, as I watch a lot of Music Videos and this would randomly Crash the Computer whenever it felt like it.

I've got a 1TB hard drive with loads of Ram and 64bit Processor.

I got so fed up with this, that I did a Clean Install. WinXP>Win7 upgrade disk>Win 10 ISO disk. I've also turned all the Updates off and 'touch wood', it seems to be working ok at the moment.

Cyberdesigner, Dec 17, 2015
  15. allend66 Win User
    I seem to be getting blue screens o' death (REFERENCE_BY_POINTER) for no apparent reason...
    there;s always going to be something...

allend66, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 became suddenly unreliable, with Crash after Crash! - Similar Threads - became suddenly unreliable

2. Sudden crashes.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sudden crashes.: Hi, my desktop has started crashing today. It just goes to a black screen and then restarts. Most of the time there is no dump file created, but the first crash seems to have time to create one. I have linked it here -...
  3. Sudden crashes.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sudden crashes.: Hi, my desktop has started crashing today. It just goes to a black screen and then restarts. Most of the time there is no dump file created, but the first crash seems to have time to create one. I have linked it here -...
  4. Windows suddenly crashing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows suddenly crashing: Hello, I am facing this stopcode problem since I bought my surface pro. "Your device ran into a problem and needs to restart.We're just collecting some error info, and then we'lrestart for you.For more information about this issue and possible fixes,...
  5. Windows suddenly crashing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows suddenly crashing: Hello, I am facing this stopcode problem since I bought my surface pro. "Your device ran into a problem and needs to restart.We're just collecting some error info, and then we'lrestart for you.For more information about this issue and possible fixes,...
  6. Sudden Crash

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sudden Crash: Hi I got these recurring sudden crashes to the WHOLE system while playing Assassin's Creed Valhalla, it is NOT related to any specific position or place in the game. I traced the error through "Reliablity History" and I got this "The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck....
  7. Sudden crash

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Sudden crash: Well, I was just playing Apex legends normally lel, but while I was playing my laptop suddenly froze for more than 2 minutes so I decided to forcefully close my laptop and when I opened it again it starts automatic repair normally it will fail and bring me to this blue...
  8. Window 10 suddenly became "not activated"

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Window 10 suddenly became "not activated": Hi Experts, I have updated my Windows 10 yesterday. After the update Windows turned in to Windows 10 Enterprise where as my previous version was windows 10 Pro. Also after the update, windows is shown as not activated!!! But when it was windows 10 Pro, it was activated and...
  9. Windows 10 suddenly keeps crashing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 suddenly keeps crashing: Hi everyone, in a recent week our home computer keeps on crashing and crashing. It happens suddenly without warning. System throws a System_Service_Exception and restarts. It got a bit scary as it was more common and occured even 5 times yesterday. I've decided to do a...
  10. Windows 10 - Suddenly Crashing On Startup

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 - Suddenly Crashing On Startup: Hi all, I have started experiencing some problems over the last few days in relation to the startup of Windows 10. I'm not overly sure why, but recently when I have been starting the computer for the first time in any given day, the wheel that spins around underneath the...