Windows 10: Windows 10 becomes partially unresponsive (recently)

Discus and support Windows 10 becomes partially unresponsive (recently) in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello all, Ive frequented the forums before in search of help for my friends, but now it is I that needs assistance. Very recently Windows 10 has been... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by bfizzle81, Oct 22, 2018.

1. bfizzle81 Win User

Windows 10 becomes partially unresponsive (recently)

Hello all,

Ive frequented the forums before in search of help for my friends, but now it is I that needs assistance. Very recently Windows 10 has been doing some strange things. WAS running version 1803 and windows that were open would become unresponsive, couldnt exit out, minimize etc, mouse cursor moves around fine and selection boxes would highlight but I cant left click on anything. Then other times if i had multiple windows open, top window would become unresponsive and windows underneath i could close out. Other times task bar will not respond, nor start menu... after waiting a period of time it would resume as normal, others it wouldnt. This happens whether on desktop, or in a browser etc....So i reinstalled windows last night and did a fresh install, deleted partitions and it started doing it again before any drivers were installed, its less prevalent and i continued installing everything and ran (mem test, disc check etc) all with no errors, even did the scannow and nothing.... Im lost as to what could be the issue???

Sorry so long winded

:)

bfizzle81, Oct 22, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 22, 2018
  3. slozomby Win User
    Recent File List

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file1

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file2
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file3
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file4
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file5
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file6
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file7
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file8
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file9

you get the idea. ( too lazy to put it in a for loop and test it.

or just open regedit and remove all the fileX from that key.

slozomby, Oct 22, 2018
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Oct 22, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 becomes partially unresponsive (recently) - Similar Threads - becomes partially unresponsive

2. USB keyboards become unresponsive after unplugging/plugging three times

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB keyboards become unresponsive after unplugging/plugging three times: I have an odd problem with my USB keyboards on my Windows 10 machine. If I unplug them and plug them back in ~three times, they become unresponsive. The keyboards are still recognized by the machine and shows up under Devices, but won't send anything when I type on them....
  3. Windows 10 partially unresponsive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 partially unresponsive: Ok, so I have a issue thats been plaguing me for around a week now and I cant figure out what is wrong, ill try to include everything Ive done so far. After booting up windows after several minutes, no specific time, it will become unresponsive to mouse clicks etc. Taskbar,...
  4. Chrome keeps becoming "unresponsive", but IE works perfectly fine

in Browsers and Email
    Chrome keeps becoming "unresponsive", but IE works perfectly fine: About an hour ago, websites are starting to load slower (not my internet) than they normally do, and the ones that do load eventually become unresponsive. It's so bad that I can't even load chrome://history or chrome://plugins without them becoming unresponsive (image here)....
  5. System going to sleep in Skyrim then becoming unresponsive.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    System going to sleep in Skyrim then becoming unresponsive.: I know this sounds like a 3rd party problem, but stay with me for a minute. So I'm playing Skyrim Special Edition and it runs fine with no crashing or other problems. Then I get a phone call that's going to take a few minutes so I pause the game typically by hitting escape,...
  6. SSD becomes unresponsive in 30 seconds once it becomes in Use

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    SSD becomes unresponsive in 30 seconds once it becomes in Use: SSD = Samsung 850 Evo 250g which has Windows 10 OS on it - we shall call it Alpha HDD - Maxtor 500g which has Windows 8.1 OS on it - we shall call it Beta This machine/SSD has been build 1 month ago with no issue until 2 days ago. So my Alpha drive is the main...
  7. ModernUI becomes unresponsive

in Windows 10 Support
    ModernUI becomes unresponsive: Gaming PC, usual response after gaming for 1 hour or more. Can't click on Start tile, no apps will launch (Mail, Edge, etc.) can double-click program icons to run Windows applications. Usually fix by CTRL/ALT/DEL, log out then restart. Win10 16299.192 GeForce 390.65...
  8. Windows 10 becomes unresponsive to the mouse but cmd keys work

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 becomes unresponsive to the mouse but cmd keys work: I have not installed any new software or anything, just logged on today and this issue has began my nightmare. When i surf the web on Google Chrome everything becomes unresponsive with my mouse ex: not being able to make a new tab or open up the start menu or files explorer...
  9. Windows 10 upgrade - random freezes and PC becomes unresponsive

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 upgrade - random freezes and PC becomes unresponsive: Hello! I have checked various threads and solutions but not yet found anything that works and would love a fully-working PC by tomorrow (self-employed/work from home)...! My situation is this... I upgraded from a fully-functioning Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 this weekend....
  10. Windows 10 (partial) crash

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 (partial) crash: Having started my computer, just upgraded to w10, the desktop appeared, without the apps eg MS edge showing in the lower taskbar. On pressing the windows button (bottom left) nothing appeared! I was unable to shutdown, sleep, restart, get settings etc. The only way to power...