Windows 10: Windows 10 Becomes Slow to Launch Applications

Discus and support Windows 10 Becomes Slow to Launch Applications in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hey all, I'm on Windows 10, and I've been having this issue. Strangely, I had it before on different processor, motherboard, and RAM (i7-2600, ASRock... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by psikid, Sep 12, 2018.

1. psikid Win User

Windows 10 Becomes Slow to Launch Applications

Hey all, I'm on Windows 10, and I've been having this issue. Strangely, I had it before on different processor, motherboard, and RAM (i7-2600, ASRock Z77 Extreme4), and I've since changed those parts out (i7-4790, ASRock Z97 Extreme6) and reformatted/reinstalled Windows 10.

Basically, the problem doesn't exist for a while, and then suddenly it will: whenever I go to launch an application, there's a several-second (5-15) delay before it actually launches. This could be as simple as a 'cmd', opening a new tab in a browser, or launching a full-fledged program or game. If I restart, the problem goes away for a bit, but not if I shutdown and start back up.

I've been going through my event logs, and disabling applications, but I don't know why this issue started cropping up. I have BitDefender AntiVirus, but I've tried disabling the protection on that, and nothing changed (I haven't yet tried uninstalling it).

Anyhow, I'm willing to try troubleshooting steps, and to provide more information; let me know what I need to do! I'm also posting this both here, and TechNet.

:)

psikid, Sep 12, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 12, 2018
  3. Mayra Aqu Win User
    Updates slowing computer performance

Hi,

Listed below are possible causes why Windows is running slow:

• Too many application installed.
    • Virus and malware.
    • Corrupted system files.
    • Outdated drivers.

For us to assist you with the concern, we suggest following the steps on this
    article

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Mayra Aqu, Sep 12, 2018
  4. Jborg Win User

windows 10 slow boot

I was having a slow boot issue on my Windows 7 install a little while back. It would take about 30 - 40 extra seconds to boot up for whatever reason.

I would try following these steps, while this didn't solve my issue, it did increase Read/Write to where it should be.

http://www.disk-partition.com/kb/tips-ssd-optimization-windows7-1.html

Looks to be similar to this: https://www.back2gaming.com/focus-story/ssd-optimization-for-windows-10-windows-8-and-8-1/

In the end, I had to reinstall my Windows 7 entirely to fix the booting issue. It was taking around 35 seconds to boot, and after the fresh install it takes about 7 seconds to boot.

Jborg, Sep 12, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Becomes Slow to Launch Applications - Similar Threads - Becomes Slow Launch

2. Application will not launch

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Application will not launch: I've downloaded a 64 Bit application called Siril a few weeks ago and it has been working fine however today when I tried opening it, I got no response. I have restarted my laptop and uninstalled/installed the app. When I click on the app, the loading sign on my cursor...
  3. Application will not launch

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Application will not launch: I've downloaded a 64 Bit application called Siril a few weeks ago and it has been working fine however today when I tried opening it, I got no response. I have restarted my laptop and uninstalled/installed the app. When I click on the app, the loading sign on my cursor...
  4. My windows 10 become slow

in Windows 10 Customization
    My windows 10 become slow: My windows 10 suddenly become so slow and when i see my memory usage is so high almost 100% and i want to reset my pc i go to setting to find recovery but when i open the setting theres message pop up into my screen says runtimebroker.exe and it says The group or resources...
  5. Applications becoming unresponsive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Applications becoming unresponsive: I purchased a Dell i7-Gen 8 laptop over a year ago and moved my applications from my old laptop, including two database applications: Family Tree Maker 2019 and Microsoft Money 2007. Both programs worked flawlessly until an update in early September 2020. Since then, I am...
  6. Window10 becoming slow

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Window10 becoming slow: I am using Window 10,but the problem is that whenever I install new window it becomes slow after few days. Can anybody explain me the reason . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/window10-becoming-slow/812eb4ee-0c48-4407-98b1-e1b9621d006e
  7. Applications' launch really slow after 2004 update.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Applications' launch really slow after 2004 update.: I updated Windows and finally solved some problems (system file checker giving errors and rare bsod), but unfortunately now when I launch an app it takes like a minute to open it. It doesn't happen with every app, but all browsers are affected, Steam for example is not...
  8. windows 10 has become slow and unstable

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows 10 has become slow and unstable: windows 10 has become slow and unstable Start up often fails and requires rebooting. video often hangs up. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-has-become-slow-and-unstable/8d18645d-d6c6-4c8c-a7d7-5d6865bac831
  9. Windows 10 Becomes Slow to Launch Applications

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Becomes Slow to Launch Applications: Hey all, I'm on Windows 10, and I've been having this issue. Strangely, I had it before on different processor, motherboard, and RAM (i7-2600, ASRock Z77 Extreme4)Basically, the problem doesn't exist for a while, and then suddenly it will: whenever I go to launch an...
  10. Windows becomes slow

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows becomes slow: Hello guys, I have some problems with this operating system. Everything works well but after a while it gets slow. Here's how it goes: If I turn on my laptop and let the Windows load 100% everything works smooth without any problems. Explorer opens instantly with every...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Slow Launch application at first run after each reboot