Windows 10: Windows 10 becomes unresponsive intermittently

Discus and support Windows 10 becomes unresponsive intermittently in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So this just started happening today. I had one firefox with 4~5 Tabs open and I opened Thunderbird. If I would click one program after the other,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by junaidnaseer2, Jan 21, 2021.

1. Windows 10 becomes unresponsive intermittently

So this just started happening today. I had one firefox with 4~5 Tabs open and I opened Thunderbird. If I would click one program after the other, Windows would just freeze for a couple of seconds.

The problem is not specific to Firefox or Thunderbird. It seems to happen when switching between any two programs.

On task manager I can see no programs hogging the system. Also even as I type, now and then, firefox becomes unresponsive with a Windows timer appearing.

This system was running fine the last time. No hardware or software has been changed. The update settings are that it should update to the latest and the "greatest" whenever microsoft releases them.

The hardware specs are also not that shabby:

1. An AMD Ryzen 7 16-core processor

2. 16GB DDR4 RAM

3. Intenso 256GB SSD with plenty of empty space

Before anyone suggests, Fast Boot is off. GPU drivers are up to date.

I dunno if this is the result of some new "update", but it seems like with Windows 10, Microsoft is just busy just shoving more and more spyware like Cortana & so on down a paying customers throat. For all I know, this thing is connecting to some Microsoft server every few seconds to "report" back on the user's activity. It never ceases to surprise how an operating system so terrible manages to hold such a monopoly on the desktop.

I rebooted the system just in case and the problem is still there. Any ideas, anyone?

:)

junaidnaseer2, Jan 21, 2021
  2. dwhite75 Win User

Microsoft Sculpt Ergonomic Wireless Desktop intermittently unresponsive

I am on my 3rd Microsoft Sculpt Ergonomic Wireless Desktop on 2 different computers (ASrock MB custom built).
    All three have become intermittently unresponsive as follows:

• Typing along and it skips strokes leaving missing characters.
    • Hitting the same key several times in a row with no response for several seconds and then typing the same character repeatedly.
    • No response even after several seconds or even a minute. Only fix is to unplug and reinsert the USB receiver. Then it is good to go for a while.

The steps I have taken to resolve are as follows:

• Using Window 10 64 bit with all updates applied.
    • Installed the latest version of the keyboard software from the Microsoft site
    • Located the receiver less than 24" away from the keyboard using a USB extension cable

I love this keyboard and mouse so this problem is very troubling. Has anyone had this problem and resolved it successfully.

Dave

***Subject edited for clarity by the moderator.***

dwhite75, Jan 21, 2021
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 21, 2021
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Windows 10 becomes unresponsive intermittently

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Jan 21, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 becomes unresponsive intermittently

1. Windows 10 becomes unresponsive intermittently - Similar Threads - becomes unresponsive intermittently

2. Workstation becomes unresponsive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Workstation becomes unresponsive: Hello Everyone,So we have a workstation that now from time to time without faile becomes unresponisive, the full deal:Black screen, no pining, SNMP down and not a single input working.It is still running, and after a restart if works again for some time.After scouring the...
  3. Computer becoming unresponsive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer becoming unresponsive: So, a couple of days ago my computer started to wig out a bit. Whenever I were to use my computer the windows and clicking the windows will become unresponsive, as well as the hot bar. I have tried troubleshooting myself, restarting it, checking for viruses or errors and...
  4. Windows has become unresponsive.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows has become unresponsive.: I was trying to end a different task via Task Manager accidentally ended a process called Windows Explorer. I had a black screen and I turned the computer off than on again and after I entered the password the entire system froze and became unresponsive exept for the mouse. I...
  5. Windows has become unresponsive.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows has become unresponsive.: I was trying to end a different task via Task Manager accidentally ended a process called Windows Explorer. I had a black screen and I turned the computer off than on again and after I entered the password the entire system froze and became unresponsive exept for the mouse. I...
  6. Applications becoming unresponsive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Applications becoming unresponsive: I purchased a Dell i7-Gen 8 laptop over a year ago and moved my applications from my old laptop, including two database applications: Family Tree Maker 2019 and Microsoft Money 2007. Both programs worked flawlessly until an update in early September 2020. Since then, I am...
  7. Windows 10 freezes and becomes unresponsive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 freezes and becomes unresponsive: Hi all, For a few days now, after a few minutes of use the computer becomes unresponsive and I have to reboot because there is no other solution. For example, when this happens, I am able to move the pinned icons from the bottom bar anywhere. I have done the last...
  8. Windows keeps becoming unresponsive

Windows keeps becoming unresponsive: I recently upgraded my CPU, motherboard and ram and upgraded from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10. I'm using a dual monitor setup and have a graphics card installed. I keep having an issue every couple of hours where my computer will start to run very slow. Then after about a...
  9. Mouse becomes intermittently unresponsive since last Windows 10 Update

Mouse becomes intermittently unresponsive since last Windows 10 Update: FIX THIS MICROSOFT. This was never a problem until your last update. Today's date is 19/11/2018. I have noticed that my mouse sometimes almost every minute or two, becomes intermittently unresponsive. It's a Microsoft Wireless Keyboard and Mouse series keyboard. I use it...
  10. Intermittent system unresponsiveness.

in Windows 10 Support
    Intermittent system unresponsiveness.: Lately my system has been becoming unresponsive. All of a sudden everything will slow to a crawl, the browser becomes unresponsive, start menu doesn't open, desktop right click menu opens very slowly with entries missing, task manager opens empty and lot's of graphical...