Windows 10: Windows 10 becomes unresponsive when using R and RStan statistical software

Discus and support Windows 10 becomes unresponsive when using R and RStan statistical software in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I must use the statistical software R for my work, accessed through RStudio, and I am using applications that are based on the R interface for Stan and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Itzoccor, Sep 10, 2020.

1. Itzoccor Win User

Windows 10 becomes unresponsive when using R and RStan statistical software

I must use the statistical software R for my work, accessed through RStudio, and I am using applications that are based on the R interface for Stan and R Devtools package.

I have noticed lately that every time I use some R functions that rely on the R interface for Stan, Windows becomes unresponsive.

The first symptom is that all the browsers start to connect with internet, although Windows itself does not detect problems with internet connections. This is not a single browser issue, as the issue appears with both Firefox and Microsoft Edge.
    The second symptom is that the system becomes slow. Many applications start to take a long time to load and function.
    I thought this could be due to some R operations using memory e.g. models estimation using 4 cores, but this is not the case as the problem still persists even after I close R and all the other programmes in the background.

Sometimes the issues disappear after a new start-up, but other times they persist after several attempts to start up the system, with Windows becoming extremely slow in closing down and starting again.

This is causing me a lot of inconvenience.

:)

Itzoccor, Sep 10, 2020
  2. Delta6326 Win User
    Delta6326, Sep 10, 2020
  3. WHEN WILL MICROSOFT HAVE UPDATE FOR WINDOWS 10 SOLITAIRE COLLECTION TO RESET STATISTICS?

Hello Brette,

Thank you for responding back and sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Click on this link Results in Xbox - Microsoft Community
    • Click on box under “Find a Topic or Ask a Question” and type your question(for e.g.: reset statistics.)
    • Place cursor on suggestion listed and select appropriate search result

Kindly keep us posted on the status of the issue. If it still persists, we would be glad to help you further.

Ravindra Kamath, Sep 10, 2020
  4. Windows 10 becomes unresponsive when using R and RStan statistical software

Windows 10 Calculator-Statistics View

Does anyone have a solution to the missing Statistics view in the Windows 10 Calculator program?

In Windows 7 Calculator you could switch to Statistics view and create a list of figures used the 'Add' button and then perform various functions on the list.

I didn't use a huge number of the statistics persay, but loved the view of a list of figures and an automatic count:

I could use Excel, but that seems a bit over the top.

I tried copying the executable from Windows 7 to Windows 10, but it failed to open.

Regards

Penny

PJStockley, Sep 10, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 becomes unresponsive when using R and RStan statistical software

1. Windows 10 becomes unresponsive when using R and RStan statistical software - Similar Threads - becomes unresponsive using

2. My Mouse & Keyboard become unresponsive when using windows functions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Mouse & Keyboard become unresponsive when using windows functions: My Mouse & Keyboard become unresponsive when using windows functions in Windows 11.I am able to use the Keyboard on in applications like Notepad++ but as soon as I attempt to enter something in the search menu, or attempt to enter the Windows Menu my mouse starts to scroll...
  3. My Mouse & Keyboard become unresponsive when using windows functions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Mouse & Keyboard become unresponsive when using windows functions: My Mouse & Keyboard become unresponsive when using windows functions in Windows 11.I am able to use the Keyboard on in applications like Notepad++ but as soon as I attempt to enter something in the search menu, or attempt to enter the Windows Menu my mouse starts to scroll...
  4. Running R statistical software on WIndows 11 ARM64 in x64 emulation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Running R statistical software on WIndows 11 ARM64 in x64 emulation: Hi.I need an R statistical program to run on my Surface Pro X with Windows 11 and x64 emulator. Most of x64 programs run correctly in emulation mode, including SPSS 26 and Wolfram Mathematica 13 PMOD 4.3 all with Zulu Java 11 for x64. However, Rgui.exe and R.exe with version...
  5. Running R statistical software on WIndows 11 ARM64 in x64 emulation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Running R statistical software on WIndows 11 ARM64 in x64 emulation: Hi.I need an R statistical program to run on my Surface Pro X with Windows 11 and x64 emulator. Most of x64 programs run correctly in emulation mode, including SPSS 26 and Wolfram Mathematica 13 PMOD 4.3 all with Zulu Java 11 for x64. However, Rgui.exe and R.exe with version...
  6. Windows 10 becomes unresponsive intermittently

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 becomes unresponsive intermittently: So this just started happening today. I had one firefox with 4~5 Tabs open and I opened Thunderbird. If I would click one program after the other, Windows would just freeze for a couple of seconds. The problem is not specific to Firefox or Thunderbird. It seems to happen...
  7. Windows 10 freezes and becomes unresponsive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 freezes and becomes unresponsive: Hi all, For a few days now, after a few minutes of use the computer becomes unresponsive and I have to reboot because there is no other solution. For example, when this happens, I am able to move the pinned icons from the bottom bar anywhere. I have done the last...
  8. Windows becomes unresponsive while using the windows explorer.

Windows becomes unresponsive while using the windows explorer.: My computer is running Windows 10 Pro Feature experience Pack: 120.2212.31.0 Over the last few days, while using Windows explorer to find some file I need, the windows explorer becomes unresponsive and then the entire computer becomes unresponsive, not even the task...
  9. When unplug laptop, windows become unresponsive

When unplug laptop, windows become unresponsive: Hello! When I unplug my laptop from the power outlet, the windows become almost unresponsive. With almost I mean that that the mouse cursor disappears and all keyboard commands are performed at least 5 (and up to 30) seconds later. Interestingly, when press ctrl+alt+del all...
  10. SSD becomes unresponsive in 30 seconds once it becomes in Use

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    SSD becomes unresponsive in 30 seconds once it becomes in Use: SSD = Samsung 850 Evo 250g which has Windows 10 OS on it - we shall call it Alpha HDD - Maxtor 500g which has Windows 8.1 OS on it - we shall call it Beta This machine/SSD has been build 1 month ago with no issue until 2 days ago. So my Alpha drive is the main...