Windows 10: Windows 10- beeping and failure to boot

Discus and support Windows 10- beeping and failure to boot in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My computer, a windows 8 originally that was updated to windows 10, has recently started to beep quickly maybe 20 times and refuses to boot up. It... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by AngularClaw, Jul 14, 2019.

1. Windows 10- beeping and failure to boot

My computer, a windows 8 originally that was updated to windows 10, has recently started to beep quickly maybe 20 times and refuses to boot up. It remains on the black/gray screen that usually shows up right after the power button is pressed. i have never had problems like this before, if anyone has any info id be really grateful

Edit: i am aware of beep codes, but i cant seem to find what this means

:)

AngularClaw, Jul 14, 2019
  2. Caring1 Win User

Windows Booting beep!!

Check the boot order in the BIOS also, it might not have the hard drive as primary in the boot list.

Caring1, Jul 14, 2019
  3. GKing Win User
    Maxtor Hard Drive Beep

Maxtor drive beeps

Have a similiar situation using a DiamondMax Plus 8, 20GB Mfg Date 4/15/03. Drive used as a second system drive. Drive is recognized in boot menu but not in drive list. Drive is always connected. Computer started locking up for several seconds at a time. Chkdsk on drives and couldn't find that drive. Removed drive from bay to make sure connections were ok and heard the beeping. Shutdown and restart and never got to windows screen. Restarted several times then saw drive in boot menu and Windows loaded but Maxtor not in drive menu. When recognized in boot menu, computer will start but beeps and is not found.

Tried kicking it real hard but no improvement. Any suggestions?

GKing, Jul 14, 2019
  4. Prince123 Win User

Windows 10- beeping and failure to boot

Windows Booting beep!!

Today I removed my old graphics card (GeForce GTX 550 TI) and i insert the new one that i bought today (Asus GTX 750 TI 2GB OC). Everything is working fine but when my PC is trying to boot the Windows it does a Beep sound and again and again until i press the Del buttton and then it boots the Windows. So my question is why do i get the Beep and not booting problem. I checked everything and it is working fine and i took the Ram out and put them back in but it didin't work i am still having this problem..

Thanks.

Prince123, Jul 14, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10- beeping and failure to boot

1. Windows 10- beeping and failure to boot - Similar Threads - beeping failure boot

2. Windows Boot Failure

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Boot Failure: I have my own "gaming" pc that runs on windows 10 OS but lately when I turn it on it won't boot to windows. Normally I can fix this buy doing a system restore to a few days ago and I can run the pc but now it won't even take my microsoft password to let me reset it. Does...
  3. Windows Boot Failure

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Boot Failure: I have my own "gaming" pc that runs on windows 10 OS but lately when I turn it on it won't boot to windows. Normally I can fix this buy doing a system restore to a few days ago and I can run the pc but now it won't even take my microsoft password to let me reset it. Does...
  4. Windows 10 Failure to boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Failure to boot: Fresh computer build, I successfully installed Windows 10 on it, I downloaded some varying drivers for different things, GeForce Experience, Chipset drivers, etc, installed them. Went to restart computer and then the problem began. Problem: Computer turns on, thinks for 15 or...
  5. Windows 10 Failure to boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Failure to boot: Fresh computer build, I successfully installed Windows 10 on it, I downloaded some varying drivers for different things, GeForce Experience, Chipset drivers, etc, installed them. Went to restart computer and then the problem began. Problem: Computer turns on, thinks for 15 or...
  6. Windows 10 Failure to boot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Windows 10 boot failure

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 boot failure: I'm using a ~4 year old Acer Nitro 5. Yesterday it was working fine. Today I went to wake it from sleep and log in, and my desktop failed to load. If I click on the task bar or start menu, I get a popup titled "Microsoft Windows" giving the usual "This process isn't...
  8. Windows Boot Failure

Windows Boot Failure: I encountered a problem booting Windows 10 a few days ago and have been working to correct it, with no luck so far. I'm using a Win10 installation media USB stick to boot, and am trying to fix the main disk from there. However, there is no volume listed for the primary SSD...
  9. Blue screen + no boot + beeping

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blue screen + no boot + beeping: Hello! Some context: I have a Lenovo Ideapad laptop running Windows 10. It's been a few months since it started "beeping" however the beeping code does not match any of their descriptions indefinite number of beeps, and the screen and everything else I suppose would...
  10. Windows 10 1809 boot failure

Windows 10 1809 boot failure: My old laptop PackardBell Easynote V7, with Intel Centrino Duo, 2GB RAM and WD SSD 120GB, for my use, performs very very well with Windows 10 1803 x86. Until it has been updated automatically to Windows 10 1809... my laptop now stuck on windows boot logo and i cannot do...