Windows 10: Windows 10 behaving extremely weird

Discus and support Windows 10 behaving extremely weird in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi there, I'll keep this tale of woes as short as I can. I was given a Sony Vaio VPCEB1S1E with windows 10 on it. I did not do the install, but from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Anthony Hughes777, Mar 6, 2020.

1. Windows 10 behaving extremely weird

Hi there,

I'll keep this tale of woes as short as I can.
    I was given a Sony Vaio VPCEB1S1E with windows 10 on it. I did not do the install, but from looking at the bottom of it it has a sticker on it for windows 7 with a user licence number. So that would lead me to believe that it was formerly a windows 7 machine from birth that got sucked into the "upgrade for free to windows 10" landgrab.

It worked ok for a while, in fact all of my windows operating systems with the exception of windowsXP and Windows7 have only ever worked "ok-ish" and I have been with MS since 3.1...But then the troubles started.

all of a sudden the boot time became extremely long asnd it seemed all I was doing was forever watching that little ring of ball bearings going round and eventually it would boot up. But heres the thing sometimes whilst the black screen ball bearings were going round it would just freeze and the only way was to hard reset and try again sometimes it would do that twice and then you are on the
    "Windows is preparing to repairing your system" carousel and it will then scan the file system and boot and sometimes then it would boot and sometimes not...

So what with the slowness I thought ok theres some sort of virus/rootkit/or some nasty living in there.

So it has been virus checked by Malwarebytes/ supersystemspyware checker/ and eset online
    all found nothing...

So being a person who likes to think he is smart enough to fix his own problems I looked online for all the symptoms I was getting whick brought me to many websites with "15 fixes for you computer not booting up at all - solved" some of which were helpful and some a pile of unmentionable...
    But they did get me to DISM
    So I ran dism on it thinking now this will root out whatever nasty is lurking or corrupt file is throwing a spanner in the works.

DISM runs and as always takes hours...
    so first SFC /SCANNOW Which reports sfc found files that are corrupt but could not fix them.
    Then DIsm /online /imageclean-up /scanhealth
    which reported system image corrupted but repairable.

Then Dism /etc /restorehealth
    and that runs to 86.4% invariably then dies...

The computer is now functioning after I uninstalled all the virus checker programs, did the clean boot thing and a lot of other stuff that I cant remember right now...
    But the other main symptom is the HDD is often running like crazy on 100% disk usage and there are lots of ms stuff hogging resources as well as Chrome running a billion iterations of itself when it only has 1 tab open...
    I have also since ditched that...

So now I have come to the oracle for "support" and hope some Microsofter can help me solve this.

If I had hair I would have torn it out by now...

:)

Anthony Hughes777, Mar 6, 2020
  2. sciurius Win User

N770 behaving weird

A couple of years ago I got a second hand N770 from a friend and I have been using it frequently and satisfactory. However, for the last couple of mounts it is starting to behave weird, as if it is degrading.

Symptoms:

• It is very difficult to establish a WiFi connection. Most of the times it wrongly reports that no APs are available, or fails connecting to one. Sometimes it reports nearby APs with a very low wignal while in fact the signal is very strong.
    • Connection failure is reported after 5-10 seconds, long before a potential DHCP timeout. Once a connection is established it is stabl and behaves normally.
    • Spontaneous reboots, most often when connected to the charger. Sometimes I connect it to the charger and it reboots within a couple of minutes. Sometimes it just keeps rebooting.
    I suspect the battery but given the charger-reboot issues I'm not sure enough to buy a new battery,

Does anyone recognize this behaviour? Any tips?

sciurius, Mar 6, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 6, 2020
  4. Windows 10 behaving extremely weird

Feedback Hub EXTREMELY weird problem

I installed Windows 10 using clean install method from a usb stick, and from recovery factory reset, and from media creation tool.

All 3 ways gave same result.

I don't know what to do more to fix this weird problem.

Faris-Jayyousi, Mar 6, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 behaving extremely weird

1. Windows 10 behaving extremely weird - Similar Threads - behaving extremely weird

2. Windows behaving weirdly and TPM chip malfunctioning

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows behaving weirdly and TPM chip malfunctioning: Hi all,This afternoon when I turned on my computer and logged on, I opened my start menu and only Windows UWP apps showed up in the start menu the pre-installed apps on windows. Also, all my app tiles were gone and the start menu was really thin. Then, all of a sudden, all my...
  3. Windows behaving weirdly and TPM chip malfunctioning

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows behaving weirdly and TPM chip malfunctioning: Hi all,This afternoon when I turned on my computer and logged on, I opened my start menu and only Windows UWP apps showed up in the start menu the pre-installed apps on windows. Also, all my app tiles were gone and the start menu was really thin. Then, all of a sudden, all my...
  4. volume buttons behaving weirdly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    volume buttons behaving weirdly: When I press the volume up or down or mute button it opens a blue screen and does not change the volume also the volume icon is not showing up on pressing the keys....
  5. volume buttons behaving weirdly

volume buttons behaving weirdly: When I press the volume up or down or mute button it opens a blue screen and does not change the volume also the volume icon is not showing up on pressing the keys....
  6. Keyboard Keys behaving weird

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard Keys behaving weird: Windows key = volume downUp key= brightness lowSpace = enter Backspace = tab+backspace"W" not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-keys-behaving-weird/bb793a97-9597-4b1b-a352-a92c89c7dea8
  7. Laptop behaving kinda weird

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop behaving kinda weird: Hello everyone.So i've been Experiencing this problem since the past like couple of days i was using my laptop and all of a sudden i got UNEXPECTED STORE EXCEPTION Bsod then the laptop restarted but it was really really slowed down and after i opened something it just froze...
  8. Windows is behaving weird

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows is behaving weird: So I have encountered a strange problem in my windows 10 pc. When I turn on my pc, I am unable to type numbers either through the numeric keypad or the numbers at the top. When I press the number keys on topwithout pressing shift key it types symbols and not numbers....
  9. Computer is extremely weird

Computer is extremely weird: Ok, so i downloaded a gta v mod pack before this all happened, but it was reputable apparently but afterwards this happened. running fortnite crashed everytime mid game. I tried to go into command panel and “repair” it. There was a popup that said i wasnt allowed to do it....
  10. Programs flashing and behaving weird.

in Windows 10 Support
    Programs flashing and behaving weird.: Hello all, recently programs on my computer - both games and programs like the disc cleaner, flash weirdly and act strange. I really don't know how best to describe it but basically some parts of a programs window will flash, and the icon on my taskbar will disappear and then...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. clicking in widows behaving weird