Windows 10: Windows 10 being weird

Discus and support Windows 10 being weird in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi All, A few things I noticed happening in Windows 10 that didn't happen in Windows 8.1.... Sometimes after a reboot or a cold start my sound volume... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Scramjet, Aug 14, 2015.

1. Scramjet Win User

Windows 10 being weird

Hi All,
    A few things I noticed happening in Windows 10 that didn't happen in Windows 8.1....
    Sometimes after a reboot or a cold start my sound volume is always at 67...very loud. I always have my volume set at 14. Anyone else notice this happening?
    I have PCI Express X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro Series audio with latest drivers.
    Also I use utorrent for my torrents but have tried others and same results.... seems it will freeze up to the point where I have to use "Task Manager" to end process even though I still can see torrents seeding. Right now I am back to utorrent 2.2.1 which I had no problem in Windows 8.1.
    Also sometimes the sites I am downloading from show no active torrents even though I am seeding them.
    A reboot of computer will bring all the torrents back to active on the sites. So this got to be a windows 10 issue. Never had this happen to me before. Anyone else notice this happening or sites not responding properly.
    I am using IE 11.0.10240.16384. I never tried Edge yet.

cheers

:)

Scramjet, Aug 14, 2015
  2. BulldogXX Win User

Windows being weird

"... i don't have any active anti-virus/malware programs."

In that case, all bets are off. Your first step is to remove all malware that may be on your computer. Don't think that's easy, because malware writers go to great lengths to make their work undetectable.

BulldogXX, Aug 14, 2015
  3. Windows being weird

Hi Bulldog,

I was concerned that that might have been the problem. Would a reset delete the malware?

AndreasWendelboe, Aug 14, 2015
Thema:

Windows 10 being weird

1. Windows 10 being weird - Similar Threads - being weird

2. My system got compromised recently and a weird file reovery.dat is being created in desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My system got compromised recently and a weird file reovery.dat is being created in desktop: Hello, Recently i installed a cracked software fromcanva app by mistake instead of legit one and after that all my accounts got compromised including google and all associated account. I checked windows defender a file exclusion was automatically made and which probably gave...
  3. My system got compromised recently and a weird file reovery.dat is being created in desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My system got compromised recently and a weird file reovery.dat is being created in desktop: Hello, Recently i installed a cracked software fromcanva app by mistake instead of legit one and after that all my accounts got compromised including google and all associated account. I checked windows defender a file exclusion was automatically made and which probably gave...
  4. Why is microsoft store being weird??

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Why is microsoft store being weird??: I went to buy robux digital item on roblox, and when microsoft asked me to put in my card info, i did so, and it declined. You guys still charged me 10 cents so why did it decline?? can i at least get my money back??...
  5. Why is microsoft store being weird??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is microsoft store being weird??: I went to buy robux digital item on roblox, and when microsoft asked me to put in my card info, i did so, and it declined. You guys still charged me 10 cents so why did it decline?? can i at least get my money back??...
  6. Why is microsoft store being weird??

7. Potential infection or just a regular case of windows being weird?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Potential infection or just a regular case of windows being weird?: Since i can't get ANY answers online, i decided to ask here. Today i turned my computer on and i see something called "Email and Calendar Accounts" on my screen. It was completely blank and the icon on the taskbar shows it being a white cog in the middle of a blue background....
  8. Potential infection or just a regular case of windows being weird?

Potential infection or just a regular case of windows being weird?: Since i can't get ANY answers online, i decided to ask here. Today i turned my computer on and i see something called "Email and Calendar Accounts" on my screen. It was completely blank and the icon on the taskbar shows it being a white cog in the middle of a blue background....
  9. Keyboard being very weird

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard being very weird: I have a 6-month-old hp envy 360. It is running windows 11, and is running the latest update. My keyboard, specifically when playing games, input delay will be unusably long. For example I might be going forward for a while, and when I let go of "w" it will keep going for a...
  10. Keyboard being very weird

Keyboard being very weird: I have a 6-month-old hp envy 360. It is running windows 11, and is running the latest update. My keyboard, specifically when playing games, input delay will be unusably long. For example I might be going forward for a while, and when I let go of "w" it will keep going for a...