Windows 10: Windows 10 being weird

Discus and support Windows 10 being weird in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi All, A few things I noticed happening in Windows 10 that didn't happen in Windows 8.1.... Sometimes after a reboot or a cold start my sound volume... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Scramjet, Aug 14, 2015.

1. Scramjet Win User

Windows 10 being weird

Hi All,
    A few things I noticed happening in Windows 10 that didn't happen in Windows 8.1....
    Sometimes after a reboot or a cold start my sound volume is always at 67...very loud. I always have my volume set at 14. Anyone else notice this happening?
    I have PCI Express X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro Series audio with latest drivers.
    Also I use utorrent for my torrents but have tried others and same results.... seems it will freeze up to the point where I have to use "Task Manager" to end process even though I still can see torrents seeding. Right now I am back to utorrent 2.2.1 which I had no problem in Windows 8.1.
    Also sometimes the sites I am downloading from show no active torrents even though I am seeding them.
    A reboot of computer will bring all the torrents back to active on the sites. So this got to be a windows 10 issue. Never had this happen to me before. Anyone else notice this happening or sites not responding properly.
    I am using IE 11.0.10240.16384. I never tried Edge yet.

cheers

:)

Scramjet, Aug 14, 2015
  2. BulldogXX Win User

Windows being weird

"... i don't have any active anti-virus/malware programs."

In that case, all bets are off. Your first step is to remove all malware that may be on your computer. Don't think that's easy, because malware writers go to great lengths to make their work undetectable.

BulldogXX, Aug 14, 2015
  3. Windows being weird

Hi Bulldog,

I was concerned that that might have been the problem. Would a reset delete the malware?

AndreasWendelboe, Aug 14, 2015
Thema:

Windows 10 being weird

1. Windows 10 being weird - Similar Threads - being weird

2. Newly sent emails are not being saved to my Sent mailbox

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Newly sent emails are not being saved to my Sent mailbox: This happen to me only the past few days so what should I do to restore it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/newly-sent-emails-are-not-being-saved-to-my-sent/8dccdb62-6b73-49db-92fa-2c6d968d3be3
  3. Microsoft Lifecam Studio Webcam not being recognized by Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft Lifecam Studio Webcam not being recognized by Windows 10: The first time I plugged my Microsoft Lifecam Studio Webcam to my laptop, everything worked perfectly fine. I went on a discord call with a friend to make sure everything was okay, and it was. A couple of hours later, I try the camera again but this time it doesn't work. It...
  4. Alt-Tab being weird

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Alt-Tab being weird: Dont know if this is a windows 10 issue and i don't know if anyone else has this issue but if there is a fix please let me know thanks. Why does it do this submitted by /u/LikeForKills [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gy4lgs/alttab_being_weird/
  5. Settings is being weird and permission options

in Windows 10 Customization
    Settings is being weird and permission options: Please help! When i open the settings app or options in Windows 10, it shows up BUT when i click an option it has the menu on the left but the right is black, basically the actual settings dont load. even stuff like search and personalisation stuff load forever and it doesn't...
  6. Weird bug, desktop background being removed by selection box, moving an icon removed...

Weird bug, desktop background being removed by selection box, moving an icon removed...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Samio25 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ezg4td/weird_bug_desktop_background_being_removed_by/
  7. My hz being weird

in Windows 10 Customization
    My hz being weird: So I got my computer a couple weeks ago and when I finished setting it up it was on 30hz, so I went into my GeForce settings and changed it to 60hz. But today for some reason I booted it up and noticed it was choppy and sure enough it was on 30hz but when I go to change it...
  8. monitor not working correctly and overall being weird

monitor not working correctly and overall being weird: I own a little gateway monitor and i was messing around with resolution and now my display take in everything as 4:3 even though windows is outputting 1280x720 16:9 although i found out if i disable my main display or mirror the two it goes full screen but whats weird is the...
  9. Mouse being really weird.

Mouse being really weird.: As of recently, my mouse has been acting really weird. To put it short, whenever I try to scroll up/down, it does the opposite, almost cancelling out the main action, making it hard to scroll up or down. And even when I don't scroll and just try to click on a reddit post...
  10. keyboard replaces letters, paragraphs being repeated weirdly

keyboard replaces letters, paragraphs being repeated weirdly: so my keyboard has this weird thing happening where if when I'm typing I were to end a paragraph then a moment later go back to it and carry on typing it would repeat a section of the paragraph as if I copied it even though I didn't. also when I'm in a paragraph and want to...