Windows 10: Windows 10 Biometrics - Fingerprint Reader

Discus and support Windows 10 Biometrics - Fingerprint Reader in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I had a Laptop with Windows 7 on it from Lenovo, a T530. It has a built-in fingerprint reader. I was using Lenovo's Authentec Fingerprint software that... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Troy_O, Oct 30, 2019.

1. Troy_O Win User

Windows 10 Biometrics - Fingerprint Reader

I had a Laptop with Windows 7 on it from Lenovo, a T530. It has a built-in fingerprint reader. I was using Lenovo's Authentec Fingerprint software that allowed me to boot and sign-in while shutoff. I recently upgraded to Windows 10 and am having trouble. Windows' built-in Biometrics and the Authentec soft must be clashing. I can't use the reader without the software in the way that Win7 did, and Win10 has to have it setup in Settings. So I have a fingerprint in both places. I can't sign-in with the reader, AuthenTec says "Please Wait" at the sign-in screen and I have to use the pin to login, and it will no longer boot and sign-me in when powered-off.

How do I fix this? I want to boot & have it sign me in like it used to.

:)

Troy_O, Oct 30, 2019

2. Can I use the Microsoft Fingerprint Reader on Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

To see if your computer has a fingerprint reader

• Open Biometric Devices by right clicking the Windows Key , and then clicking
      Control Panel. In the search box, type biometrics, and then click
      Biometric Devices.

If you have a fingerprint reader, but it isn't listed in Biometric Devices, you probably need to install a driver for it that works with this version of Windows. If you upgraded from a previous version of Windows or have an older fingerprint reader, your
    fingerprint reader might continue to work with Windows, but it won't be listed in Biometric Devices. In that case, you can try updating the driver. If you're using
    fingerprint management software and you want to uninstall it to update it to a newer version, make sure you know your Windows password. You'll have to restart your computer and log on again after uninstalling the fingerprint management software.

Kindly follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1:

Update biometric drivers through
    Device manager.

Please follow the steps given here to uninstall and then reinstall the Display drivers.

a) Press Windows +X keys on the keyboard.

b) Select Device Manager.

c) Find and Biometric drivers and expand it.

d) Right-click the Biometric drivers, and click
    Update driver software.

e) Follow the onscreen instructions to update
    biometric drivers

f) Reboot the computer and check.

If the issue persist, follow the below method.

Method 2:

Install the latest updates to the biometric drivers through Windows updates.

• Open the Start menu and type
      Windows
      update in the search bar.
    • Click on Windows update and
      Check for the updates
    • Download and install if there are any pending updates to be installed.

Hope this helps.

Please get back to us with the updated status and we will be glad to help you further.

Deepak_Krishnan R, Oct 30, 2019
  3. Can I use the Microsoft Fingerprint Reader on Windows 10

Thank you for your response. When searching within the Control Panel for 'biometrics' nothing comes up. However, in the Device Manager, the Microsoft Fingerprint Reader is there but it cannot find drivers for it. This is where I am stuck.

PaulSybrandy, Oct 30, 2019
  4. Windows 10 Biometrics - Fingerprint Reader

Fingerprint reader on windows 10

I've been using Windows 7 Ultimate for a few years now with AuthenTec Protector Suite 2012 installed and a TrueMe fingerprint reading device.

The Protector Suite software allowed me to login to windows using a fingerprint and to use fingerprints to open password protected files as well as entering passwords into web screens. The software maintained a database, which allowed any entry of a password to be stored against a fingerprint.

Consequently, I've become used to simply swiping the fingerprint reader to enter all my passwords. Brilliant!

Along comes Windows 10 and I can't get Protector Suite 2012 to install. It gives the error "To use this product, Windows Biometric Framework must be enabled.". I can successfully setup Windows 10 Hello to use the fingerprint reader to login to Windows 10, but this is a small fraction of the potential of using fingerprints.

Anyone any idea on how to enable Windows Biometric Framework. By the way I've already tried using gpedit.msc to Enable "Allow the use of biometrics" but this doesn't appear to make the slightest bit of difference.

Alternatively, is there any Windows 10 compatible software out there that will do more than simply allow me to use my fingerprint reader to login. I would like to use it to enter passwords for protected files and web page inputs.

I performed a clean, fresh install of Windows 10 Pro alongside my existing Windows 7 Ultimate, so I can dual boot. Until I get ALL the functionality I currently have with Windows 7, I won't be switching to Windows 10 anytime soon.

milleniumaire, Oct 30, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Biometrics - Fingerprint Reader

1. Windows 10 Biometrics - Fingerprint Reader - Similar Threads - Biometrics Fingerprint Reader

2. Fingerprint reader

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fingerprint reader: Hy i just bought an Asus Studiobook pro 16 brand new winth windows 11 Pro,and when i try to Setup the Microsoft Hello Fingerprint sign in ,when it asked to put sa finger on the sensor ,nothing happening.The driver is up to date,the Laptop is with Fingerprint reader ,i try...
  3. Fingerprint reader

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fingerprint reader: Hy i just bought an Asus Studiobook pro 16 brand new winth windows 11 Pro,and when i try to Setup the Microsoft Hello Fingerprint sign in ,when it asked to put sa finger on the sensor ,nothing happening.The driver is up to date,the Laptop is with Fingerprint reader ,i try...
  4. Fingerprint reader

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fingerprint reader: My Precision5530 will not let me use the fingerprint reader to sign into my computer. How do I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fingerprint-reader/b314b40e-f1d8-4656-8445-ce60053a472c
  5. fingerprint reader

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    fingerprint reader: I have had my yoga C940 for about two weeks and my fingerprint reader has been working fine. then all of a sudden it stops working so I delete it to add another an this happens. I'm totally upset because this is one of the main reasons I purchased his laptop. the windows 10...
  6. fingerprinter reader

fingerprinter reader: hola, tengo un portatil lenovo, venia con windows 7, compre windows 10 pro, pero mi fingerprinter reader no funciona, en windows hello ni en otras aplicaciones, en administrador de de dispositivos lo trate de actualizar diver y me dice que no encontro diver en linea y que...
  7. Fingerprint Reader

Fingerprint Reader: Hello! My laptop won't let me sign in with my fingerprint reader, anymore! Last night I deleted my fingerprints and re-scanned them, but they're still not working. Can anyone help me?...
  8. Biometrics fingerprint set up windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Biometrics fingerprint set up windows 10: When I was going to set a fingerprint lock on Windows 10 it didn't work. It looks like the image below. Now I need your help with how I can set it up. I'm using the xps m1530 laptop.[IMG]...
  9. Fingerprint reader on windows 10

Fingerprint reader on windows 10: I've been using Windows 7 Ultimate for a few years now with AuthenTec Protector Suite 2012 installed and a TrueMe fingerprint reading device. The Protector Suite software allowed me to login to windows using a fingerprint and to use fingerprints to open password protected...
  10. Fingerprint Reader ?

Fingerprint Reader ?: Hi, I have a Lenovo X1 Carbon (2012 version) with a fingerprint reader. When I want to install the lenovo driver I have a message that said the Windows Biometric Framework need to be activate. I go into gpedit.msc and active the service, reboot the computer but still the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. biometric device

2. biometric devices

3. gpedit bioemtrics