Windows 10: windows 10 - bios acpi not compatible

Discus and support windows 10 - bios acpi not compatible in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; hi all, here is my issue i upgraded my mb to asus x470-pro (added 16gig ram) and memory with ryzen processor and let windows 10 detect new hardware.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by krullnoor, Dec 8, 2018.

1. krullnoor Win User

windows 10 - bios acpi not compatible

hi all,

here is my issue i upgraded my mb to asus x470-pro (added 16gig ram) and memory with ryzen processor and let windows 10 detect new hardware. all was great for a month. then i decided tp remove the old video card and use the onboard video with a display port cable. it came up but as soon as windows started to load i got the bsod with the bios not acpi compatible message. i put everything back to normal thinking it would work but the message still comes up.

any thoughts on fixing it beside the last resort of a fresh install?

:)

krullnoor, Dec 8, 2018
  2. Argel Obm Win User

ACPI BIOS ERROR

Hi Tiffany,

We need to gather more information for us to better assist you on your ACPI BIOS error concern. Please provide the answers to the following questions below:

• When did the ACPI BIOS error start?
    • Were there any changes made on your computer before encountering the issue?
    • What are the things that you're seeing when you boot up the computer?
    • Can your computer still load the Windows Recovery environment page? Windows Recovery environment is a page where you can choose to troubleshoot the computer, continue to Windows 10, or shutdown the computer.

We highly recommend posting a screenshot of the issue here for us to further investigate your concern.

Argel Obm, Dec 8, 2018
  3. W1zzard Win User
    Which BIOS files are compatible with my PowerColor 7970?

that's a great suggestion. i will check if i can add that.

if you go to dev.techpowerup.com, the bios database there has a compatible bios button that might help you search

W1zzard, Dec 8, 2018
  4. Yolvi Ell Win User

Windows 10 ACPI BIOS ERROR BSOD

Hi Robert,

The ACPI_BIOS_ERROR, 0x000000A5, indicates that the Advanced Configuration and Power Interface (ACPI) BIOS of the computer is not fully compliant with the ACPI specification. Given the steps you've already taken to ensure that both of your
    4GB memory sticks are fully functional when used in other operating systems, the issue seems to be centered on using both of them at the same time in Windows 10. This could be happening due to an outdated or corrupted BIOS.

Taking this into account, we suggest resetting your BIOS by following the recommended steps of the manufacturer on how to do it. Additionally, if you haven't done it yet, look for the latest BIOS firmware from the manufacturer's website and install it. After
    doing so, reinstall the latest version of Windows 10 and check if you still get the same error message when using both memory sticks at once.

Important: Modifying BIOS/ complementary metal oxide semiconductor (CMOS) settings incorrectly can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting from the
    configuring of BIOS/CMOS settings can be solved. Modifications of the settings are at your own risk. 

If in case the issue persists after doing these steps, we highly recommend that you let our developers know by submitting this issue to our Feedback Hub, so they can learn about the compatibility issue that you're experiencing. Use Windows 10 on your computer
    with only one memory stick in the meantime, so you can use Feedback Hub.

In order to submit new feedback, please follow these steps:

1. On a Windows 10 device, search for “Feedback Hub” in Cortana search, then launch the app.

2. Navigate to Feedback in the left menu, then press + Add new feedback.

3. Select the Problem, and share any details you think are relevant, and choose an appropriate category and subcategory.

4. Important: If possible, reproduce the problem(s) after clicking
    Begin monitoring (or Start capture) near the end of the form;
    Stop monitoring
    when you’re done.

5. Once you’ve completed the form and monitoring, click Submit.

6. Click Continue using Feedback Hub.

7. Click My feedback at the top, then find the item you submitted (it may take a while to appear).

8. Open the item you submitted, then click Share.

9. Click Copy link, then paste the link here in your response (it will look like Storefronts Tools<unique link>).

Don't hesitate to let us know if you have other concerns about your computer.

Yolvi Ell, Dec 8, 2018
Thema:

1. windows 10 - bios acpi not compatible - Similar Threads - bios acpi compatible

2. ACPI BIOS ERROR

in Windows 10 Customization
    ACPI BIOS ERROR: I keep getting this error over and over again I don’t know what to do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/acpi-bios-error/ebb49f19-1477-4bad-b1c4-e12f03b33c96
  3. ACPI BIOS ERROR

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ACPI BIOS ERROR: Hello MS Community,My PC wasn't booting/no monitor display for around a week so I tried swapping out parts, GPU, RAM, PSU nothing would work. Got a new motherboard and the pc booted fine with everything for about an hour, afterwards kept crashing and now cannot boot. I can...
  4. ACPI BIOS ERROR

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ACPI BIOS ERROR: Hello MS Community,My PC wasn't booting/no monitor display for around a week so I tried swapping out parts, GPU, RAM, PSU nothing would work. Got a new motherboard and the pc booted fine with everything for about an hour, afterwards kept crashing and now cannot boot. I can...
  5. ACPI BIOS ERROR

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. ACPI BIOS Error on Windows 10 9816652

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    ACPI BIOS Error on Windows 10 9816652: Problem initially identified when PC was hibernating, was unable to wake no hardware or software changes occurred during hibernation. After resetting PC, when Windows launches, presented with BSOD with: ACPI BIOS Error. BIOS is accessible, firmware has been updated however...
  7. Acpi bios error

Acpi bios error: I am unable to install windows 10, keep getting an ACPI BIOS ERROR. Lenovo Desktop M710S....Any Ideas. 137236
  8. ACPI Bios Error

ACPI Bios Error: A friend of mine built his first computer and iv been called in to figure out what in the world this problem hes having is. Iv tried quite a lot already, ill list those out in a second. He never got past trying to install windows 10 due to the ACPI BIOS ERROR. System spec:...
  9. Acpi bios error

Acpi bios error: Hello everyone, My pc worked fine for a solid year. Yesterday when I put my pc into sleepmode it gave a BSOD when it woke. It only said ‘ACPI bios error’. Since then every time I start the computer my mouse and keyboard wont work even though the hubs are getting...
  10. Windows 10 upgrade ACPI BIOS Error

Windows 10 upgrade ACPI BIOS Error: Windows 10 upgraded 13 October 2018 and I keep getting ACPI BIOS Error after 10 min of running. I have Dell Inspiron 3147, which has been running Windows 10 fine up until now. I tried restore to the last point, before the update which did not help. Tried going back one...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. bios not compatible with windows 10

2. ACPI BIOS is attempting to read from an illegal IO port address

3. bios not compatibile with acmi

4. windows 10 installation acpi bios not compliant