Windows 10: Windows 10 BitLocker Code Says Two Different Dates

Discus and support Windows 10 BitLocker Code Says Two Different Dates in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello to you all, (sorry for the headline) I have a laptop with Windows 10 Pro (or Enterprise, can't remember really) installed on it with BitLocker... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/tjorsin, Feb 25, 2020.

1. Windows 10 BitLocker Code Says Two Different Dates

Hello to you all,

(sorry for the headline)

I have a laptop with Windows 10 Pro (or Enterprise, can't remember really) installed on it with BitLocker activated, that I haven't used for a few months and when I started it again today it just died for no reason and keeps getting BSOD with error code:

CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED

First I thought "this is gonna be easy" since I got that BitLocker code on my Microsoft account and then "do stuff" so it works again, however the code says 01.29.2019 on that Device-page and then on the computer is nags about another BitLocker code from 09.08.2019.
    - So obviously I have managed to do something with this BitLocker thingy to screw this up (more than necessary).

I know I should've researched more before posting but haven't due to other things in life although I have tried booting into a USB using either Windows or some Linux distros but it doesn't seem to work to get into said USB or/to even wipe the damn SSD.
    - I don't have any valuable or important on this machine so "saving my files" isn't a priority this time.

So basically the question is: did I screw up big time or what can or should I do to make the computer work normally?

If it would help you in any way, here's the computer model: HP ZBook 15v G5

Thanks in advance.

submitted by /u/tjorsin
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/tjorsin, Feb 25, 2020
  2. Paola Gar Win User

Need to turn off Bitlocker to install Windows 10

Hi,

We suggest doing the following steps again to resolve the issue. To complete the procedure, make sure that you have the following information:

• You must be able to provide administrative credentials.
    • The drive must be BitLocker-protected.
    To suspend BitLocker Drive Encryption on an operating system drive, please follow the steps below:

• Click Start, click Control Panel, click
      System and Security, and then click BitLocker Drive Encryption.
    • Click Suspend Protection for the operating system drive.
    • A message is displayed, informing you that your data will not be protected while BitLocker is suspended and asking if you want to suspend BitLocker Drive Encryption.
    • Click Yes to continue and suspend BitLocker on the drive.

Let us know how it goes.

Paola Gar, Feb 25, 2020
  3. BitLocker on Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for the response and keeping the status updated.

This could be due to some corruption in the system files, please check the methods below and see if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to start the BitLocker Device Encryption service.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows key + R from the Keyboard.
    • Type services.msc and hit Enter.
    • Search for BitLocker Device Encryption service.
    • Double click on BitLocker Device Encryption service and click on
      Start button.
    • Click on the dropdown list and set the Startup type to
      Automatic.

Method 2: Please try the steps provided in the given article.

Unlock a BitLocker-protected drive

If the issue persists, follow method 2.

Method 3: Perform SFC scan

I would suggest you to perform SFC scan and check if that helps. The
    sfc/scannow command scans all protected system files and replaces incorrect versions with correct Microsoft versions. It is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore
    corrupted files.

Refer the link: Use the System File Checker tool to repair missing or corrupted
    system files

Note: Link applies to Windows 10 as well.

More information:
    BitLocker Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

Let us know the status of the issue. We will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Ruth Buruga, Feb 25, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 BitLocker Code Says Two Different Dates

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 25, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 BitLocker Code Says Two Different Dates

1. Windows 10 BitLocker Code Says Two Different Dates - Similar Threads - BitLocker Code Says

2. What different on Date / Date Modified / Date Create in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What different on Date / Date Modified / Date Create in Windows 11: Hi, I am confused by Windows Files Explorer. What is "Date" n Windows Files Explorer?You can see the pictures below.These files were taken on August 17, 2022, at 4:18PM, 4:20PM, and 4:32PM.When I open the Windows Files Explorer to view these files on the SD Card It shows the...
  3. Windows 11 Crashes with two different codes.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Crashes with two different codes.: Good afternoon.I use a Dell G3 15 Laptop. It has an independent graphics card Nvidia GTX 1050 and for months now it's been giving me two types of crashes ocasionally in two separate cases. These are the following.1. I am watching a video on a browser. It gives a...
  4. Windows 11 Crashes with two different codes.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Crashes with two different codes.: Good afternoon.I use a Dell G3 15 Laptop. It has an independent graphics card Nvidia GTX 1050 and for months now it's been giving me two types of crashes ocasionally in two separate cases. These are the following.1. I am watching a video on a browser. It gives a...
  5. Windows 10 upgrade on two different pc's.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 upgrade on two different pc's.: Hi, The older one is an e8500 core duo 3.16mz with 4 g ram ss hd running vista ultimate. The other is a laptop running an i7 pcu and ss hd. Both machines still run, but the older one is not supported anymore and has glitches at times . I would like to upgrade both to...
  6. Dual Boot Two Windows 10 Two Different Drives

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Dual Boot Two Windows 10 Two Different Drives: Hello, I'm running Windows 10 (1803) on a HDD (in a laptop). I used the Windows 10 Media-Creation Tool (running from this HDD) to create a bootable installation-USB. I just installed a PCIe SSD, booted from the USB, and tried to install Windows 10 (1903) onto the SSD. The...
  7. it say my windows 10 is out of date

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    it say my windows 10 is out of date: my windos 10 says its out of date and it wont let me get updates not even for apps how do I fix this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/it-say-my-windows-10-is-out-of-date/4d4b6d1a-2ece-4647-96bd-bb730cfbfe16"
  8. Windows 10 Calendar says it is out of Date

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Calendar says it is out of Date: Hi: My windows 10 Calendar says it is out of date, every time I open it. When I click the "fix" box it sens me to my google account and then has me log in. It attempts to "fix" then gives me an error message Error code 0x00003a. This error is associated with printer...
  9. BitLocker says that it is not compatible Windows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    BitLocker says that it is not compatible Windows 10: Hello! I've got a problem with Bitlocked USBI enabled BitLocker on it approximately 3 months agoFrom that time I hadn't used this driveAnd when I plug in it now, it says that Bitlocker encryption is not compatible with current windows versionAnd tells me to try newer...
  10. Two different BSOD codes in one day. :/

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Two different BSOD codes in one day. :/: I've had two BSOD's in one day: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED. I don't overclock, but this system was considerably more reliable when I did (probably not because of the overclock). I thought the problem occurred only when under load, since I...