Windows 10: Windows 10 BitLocker Drive Encryption AND Device Encryption enabled?

Discus and support Windows 10 BitLocker Drive Encryption AND Device Encryption enabled? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Recently I looked into enabling "BitLocker Drive Encryption" on Windows 10 Pro. After enabling it, I discovered that "Device Encryption" under Settings... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by AndyBusch1, Oct 10, 2020.

1. Windows 10 BitLocker Drive Encryption AND Device Encryption enabled?

Recently I looked into enabling "BitLocker Drive Encryption" on Windows 10 Pro. After enabling it, I discovered that "Device Encryption" under Settings -> Update and Security -> Device Encryption was already enabled. This is a new Lenovo laptop from 12/2020, bought from Lenovo with Windows 10 installed. I never enabled Device Encryption, so I'm guessing it was enabled by default. Does it matter if both "Device Encryption" AND "BitLocker Drive Protection" are BOTH enabled? Should I disable one of them?

:)

AndyBusch1, Oct 10, 2020

2. Device Encryption not avaiable

Hello Fraczek,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

We understand your concern in this regard.

• Are you referring to BitLocker Drive Encryption?
    • What preventing you from doing this?
    • Did you get any error message or code while doing this?

Before you come up with the above information, suggest you to refer the article

Help protect your files using BitLocker Drive Encryption
    and see if it help you.

Do refer the article
    Windows BitLocker Drive Encryption Step-by-Step Guide
    and check if it help you with the required information.

Keep us posted if you require further assistance.

Yashwanth Kotakuri, Oct 10, 2020
  3. Bitlocker Drive Encryption

Recently I was attempting to encrypt my drive with bitlocker because windows was suggesting to encrypt them via the security page when logging into my account. Though, when I do attempt to encrypt them with bitlocker it states that my drive is already
    encrypted via bitlocker. I was wondering if there was a different way that it needs to be set up because I was hoping to add the extra layer of security to my drives with bitlocker encryption and password protecting them via a recovery key.

User1234567_953, Oct 10, 2020
  4. Windows 10 BitLocker Drive Encryption AND Device Encryption enabled?

Device Encryption and BitLocker

Hello MS Community!

Posting a subject name as Device Encryption and BitLocker, would it be correct to have it as: BitLocker Device Encryption and standard BitLocker?

It's been way too late for me to know about Device Encryption and I hope the experts about this subject here in the community could share more information on the following:

- What kind of encryption does Device Encryption and BitLocker use?

- Device Encryption and BitLocker difference in disk encryption (i.e. encryption level, technology/security, comparison sheet would be highly appreciated)

- User login/experience - I receive a feedback that Device Encryption only asks for Microsoft Account login unlike BitLocker which require a separate password to unlock the disk before a user can totally login to Windows. Also, is there a difference in performance
    speed (Windows startup, performing activities, etc.)

- If Device Encryption and BitLocker is both available in the device, is it recommended to enable both or just the BitLocker?

- For Windows Home Edition, I would like to confirm if Device Encryption requirement to have TPM 2.0 and InstantGo hardware support still remain the same.

Thank you in advance!

Marilou

Marilou000, Oct 10, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 BitLocker Drive Encryption AND Device Encryption enabled?

1. Windows 10 BitLocker Drive Encryption AND Device Encryption enabled? - Similar Threads - BitLocker Drive Encryption

2. Can't enable bitlocker encryption.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't enable bitlocker encryption.: Hello. I have a problem. I can't enable bitlocker encryption. I have windows 11 21h2 home single language, I also recently performed a local reinstall of windows....
  3. Can't enable bitlocker encryption.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't enable bitlocker encryption.: Hello. I have a problem. I can't enable bitlocker encryption. I have windows 11 21h2 home single language, I also recently performed a local reinstall of windows....
  4. Bitlocker Device Encryption

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Bitlocker Device Encryption: Does bitlocker Device encryption change your recovery key each time you turn bitlocker on/off? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bitlocker-device-encryption/3283ade2-2838-48ca-b2e2-68b244410f96
  5. Enabling PTT with bitlocker encrypted system drive.

Enabling PTT with bitlocker encrypted system drive.: Hi,I currently have a Win 10 pro desktop with no TPM and have used the group policy to allow me to encrypt the system drive so I'm asked for the decryption password in the pre-boot environment. I've since discovered while looking at Win 11 compatibility that the BIOS allows...
  6. Bitlocker Drive Encryption

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Bitlocker Drive Encryption: I started to decrypt an external hard drive that I got from Seagate with my recovered files on it. Too late they contacted me and said that they didn't recommend my decrypting it but if I started it I needed to let it finish. They told me that I had to turn to MS to get...
  7. BitLocker Encrypted Drive

BitLocker Encrypted Drive: Hi Microsoft! I purchased a Lenovo Thinkpad that ran a Windows 10 OS. Unfortunately, the OS has been corrupted and that left me unable to access my work files on the SSD Drive. The laptop vendor had enabled the bitlocker on the drive, however, I had no copy of the recovery...
  8. Device Encryption and BitLocker

Device Encryption and BitLocker: Hello MS Community! Posting a subject name as Device Encryption and BitLocker, would it be correct to have it as: BitLocker Device Encryption and standard BitLocker? It's been way too late for me to know about Device Encryption and I hope the experts about this subject...
  9. Bitlocker Drive Encryption

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bitlocker Drive Encryption: I got 500 Gb drive , about 450 Gb of data I started the encryption process , it reached 58.7% and stuck there without a change since yesterday please advice. Thanks [ATTACH]...
  10. Bitlocker Device Encryption enabled after imaging

Bitlocker Device Encryption enabled after imaging: I am trying to create a Windows 10 image for my organization, and cannot figure out one particular issue with Bitlocker. It seems that after I sysprep, and throw the image on a new computer, it then has BitLocker partially enabled. What I mean is that when going to the About...