Windows 10: Windows 10 BitLocker keyboard not working

Discus and support Windows 10 BitLocker keyboard not working in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have been using my Desktop with BitLocker for weeks without a problem. When I started my PC today and the BitLocker password promt showed up, I was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Igon3, May 24, 2020.

1. Igon3 Win User

Windows 10 BitLocker keyboard not working

I have been using my Desktop with BitLocker for weeks without a problem. When I started my PC today and the BitLocker password promt showed up, I was not able to type my password. The PC doesn't react to the keystrokes. I can still go into the BIOS with the keyboard. I hope someone can help me. I don't want to lose all my data.

:)

Igon3, May 24, 2020
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, May 24, 2020
  3. Bitlocker Not Working After Windows 10 Update

Hi,

Thank you for being part of the Windows 10.

I appreciate you for providing details about the issue and we are happy to help you.

Try the following methods and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to start the BitLocker Device Encryption service.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows key + R from the Keyboard.
    • Type services.msc and hit Enter.
    • Search for BitLocker Device Encryption service.
    • Double click on BitLocker Device Encryption service and click on
      Start button.
    • Click on the dropdown list and set the Startup type to
      Automatic.
    If the issue persists then follow the below method.

Method 2: Boot the computer in Safe mode with Networking and check if works.

I suggest you to refer to the following Microsoft article on Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/start-your-pc-in-safe-mode

If the issue persists then follow the below method

Method 3: Perform a Clean Boot and find out which application/service is causing this issue.

A clean boot helps to eliminate software conflicts and to determine what is causing the problem. Perform a clean boot on the computer by following the steps given in the link:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Note: The steps for Windows 8.1 applies to Windows 10.

Disclaimer: Please go through the section: How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot of the Kb article to boot the computer in normal startup after fixing the issue.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, May 24, 2020
  4. Windows 10 BitLocker keyboard not working

Bitlocker not working after Windows 10 update

Hi,

Thank you for being part of the Windows 10.

I appreciate you for providing details about the issue and we are happy to help you.

Try the following methods and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to start the BitLocker Device Encryption service .

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows key + R from the Keyboard.
    • Type services.msc and hit Enter.
    • Search for BitLocker Device Encryption service.
    • Double click on BitLocker Device Encryption service and click on
      Start button.
    • Click on the dropdown list and set the Startup type to
      Automatic.
    If the issue persists then follow the below method.

Method 2: Boot the computer in Safe mode with Networking and check if works.

I suggest you to refer to the following Microsoft article on Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/start-your-pc-in-safe-mode

If the issue persists then follow the below method

Method 3: Perform a Clean Boot and find out which application/service is causing this issue.

A clean boot helps to eliminate software conflicts and to determine what is causing the problem. Perform a clean boot on the computer by following the steps given in the link:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Note: The steps for Windows 8.1 applies to Windows 10.

Disclaimer: Please go through the section: How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot of the Kb article to boot the computer in normal startup after fixing the issue.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, May 24, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 BitLocker keyboard not working

1. Windows 10 BitLocker keyboard not working - Similar Threads - BitLocker keyboard working

2. Laptop Keyboard not working in Bitlocker environment

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop Keyboard not working in Bitlocker environment: Hi Microsoft Community,I am having trouble using my laptop's keyboard to type in bitlocker password. I currently using external USB keyboard to type in, and it works perfectly.My laptop keyboard functions well, after bitloker, I can use that to type in for microsoft login...
  3. Laptop Keyboard not working in Bitlocker environment

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop Keyboard not working in Bitlocker environment: Hi Microsoft Community,I am having trouble using my laptop's keyboard to type in bitlocker password. I currently using external USB keyboard to type in, and it works perfectly.My laptop keyboard functions well, after bitloker, I can use that to type in for microsoft login...
  4. Laptop Keyboard not working in Bitlocker environment

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. BitLocker key and keyboard not working - Asus X205TA

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BitLocker key and keyboard not working - Asus X205TA: Hi,I am trying to reinstall Windows 10 on my Asus X205TTA which is broken since a failed update.I have made a bootable key but cannot install windows because I need to enter my BitLocker key with a the keyboards which is not responding on this screen.I haven't found any...
  6. BitLocker key and keyboard not working - Asus X205TA

BitLocker key and keyboard not working - Asus X205TA: Hi,I am trying to reinstall Windows 10 on my Asus X205TTA which is broken since a failed update.I have made a bootable key but cannot install windows because I need to enter my BitLocker key with a the keyboards which is not responding on this screen.I haven't found any...
  7. BitLocker key and keyboard not working - Asus X205TA

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Bitlocker Recovery Key Keyboard not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker Recovery Key Keyboard not working: Hello there I seem to have problem regarding bitlocker recovery steps. I do have key ready but the numbers are not being added when I type with my keyboard I have tried changing keyboard as well but it doesn't seem to work at all....
  9. Bitlocker Recovery Key Keyboard not working

Bitlocker Recovery Key Keyboard not working: Hello there I seem to have problem regarding bitlocker recovery steps. I do have key ready but the numbers are not being added when I type with my keyboard I have tried changing keyboard as well but it doesn't seem to work at all....
  10. Keyboard not working in Bitlocker

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Keyboard not working in Bitlocker: I cannot enter the required code at Bitlocker boot screen because the keyboard is not working and cannot boot to Windows? What should I do except wiping the disk and reinstall?...