Windows 10: Windows 10 Bitlocker to go compatibility

Discus and support Windows 10 Bitlocker to go compatibility in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I used Bitlocker to go to encrypt my USB drive on Windows 10 PC. Then tried to access the drive on other Windows platforms, i.e. Windows Server 2016,... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Pierre Choi, Jan 8, 2021.

1. Windows 10 Bitlocker to go compatibility

I used Bitlocker to go to encrypt my USB drive on Windows 10 PC. Then tried to access the drive on other Windows platforms, i.e. Windows Server 2016, 2012 and Windows 7. All failed.

On Server 2016 and 2012, after I inserted the USB drive. It did not automatically prompt me to unlock the drive. I saw a file named "Bitlocker to go" on the drive and double clicked. It then prompted me to enter password to unlock. But after entering password, it prompted an error message "The volume does not contain a recognized file system. Please make sure that all required file system drivers are loaded and that the volume is not corrupted"".

On Windows 7, no prompt to enter unlock password too. It simply prompted "Access denied" when I tried to access the drive.

Is Windows 10 Bitlocker to go not compatible with other Windows platform?

:)

Pierre Choi, Jan 8, 2021
  2. Brink Win User

Bitlocker Questions

Did you uncheck "Allow BitLocker without a compatible TPM (requires a password or a startup key on a USB flash drive)" in step 4?

Using "allow" is fine. You will specify using a PIN to unlock BitLocker at step 10.

It doesn't matter about your account password.

Brink, Jan 8, 2021
  3. Paola Gar Win User
    Need to turn off Bitlocker to install Windows 10

Hi,

We suggest doing the following steps again to resolve the issue. To complete the procedure, make sure that you have the following information:

• You must be able to provide administrative credentials.
    • The drive must be BitLocker-protected.
    To suspend BitLocker Drive Encryption on an operating system drive, please follow the steps below:

• Click Start, click Control Panel, click
      System and Security, and then click BitLocker Drive Encryption.
    • Click Suspend Protection for the operating system drive.
    • A message is displayed, informing you that your data will not be protected while BitLocker is suspended and asking if you want to suspend BitLocker Drive Encryption.
    • Click Yes to continue and suspend BitLocker on the drive.

Let us know how it goes.

Paola Gar, Jan 8, 2021
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Bitlocker to go compatibility

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 8, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 Bitlocker to go compatibility

1. Windows 10 Bitlocker to go compatibility - Similar Threads - Bitlocker compatibility

2. Win XP - Implement hard disk encryption Bitlocker & Enforce Message signing Compatibility

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win XP - Implement hard disk encryption Bitlocker & Enforce Message signing Compatibility: Hi Experts,Does anyone know if Windows XP supports:Implement hard disk encryption Bitlocker Enforce Message signing CompatibilityAnswers are appreciated and thanks in advance.- Vinu....
  3. Win XP - Implement hard disk encryption Bitlocker & Enforce Message signing Compatibility

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win XP - Implement hard disk encryption Bitlocker & Enforce Message signing Compatibility: Hi Experts,Does anyone know if Windows XP supports:Implement hard disk encryption Bitlocker Enforce Message signing CompatibilityAnswers are appreciated and thanks in advance.- Vinu....
  4. BITLOCKER HELP PLEASE "The BitLocker encryption on this drive isn't compatible with your...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BITLOCKER HELP PLEASE "The BitLocker encryption on this drive isn't compatible with your...: I had encrypted a 1 tb external hard disk using bitlocker on an older laptop which runs windows 10 pro.i had been accessing the same hard disk on my newer laptop which runs windows 11 home, and i used to enter the password and it used to work.everything was fine, but...
  5. BITLOCKER HELP PLEASE "The BitLocker encryption on this drive isn't compatible with your...

BITLOCKER HELP PLEASE "The BitLocker encryption on this drive isn't compatible with your...: I had encrypted a 1 tb external hard disk using bitlocker on an older laptop which runs windows 10 pro.i had been accessing the same hard disk on my newer laptop which runs windows 11 home, and i used to enter the password and it used to work.everything was fine, but...
  6. "The bitlocker encryption on this drive is not compatible with your current version of...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "The bitlocker encryption on this drive is not compatible with your current version of...: i have encrypted my memory card via Bitlocker, windows feature. But now i am unbale to decrypt it. When i double click on the drive, it says "The bitlocker encryption on this drive is not compatible with your current version of windows. Try opening the drive using a newer...
  7. "The bitlocker encryption on this drive is not compatible with your current version of...

"The bitlocker encryption on this drive is not compatible with your current version of...: i have encrypted my memory card via Bitlocker, windows feature. But now i am unbale to decrypt it. When i double click on the drive, it says "The bitlocker encryption on this drive is not compatible with your current version of windows. Try opening the drive using a newer...
  8. "The bitlocker encryption on this drive is not compatible with your current version of...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  9. The BitLocker encryption on this device isn't compatible with your version of Windows.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The BitLocker encryption on this device isn't compatible with your version of Windows.: My old PC crashed. I got a new PC. I removed the additional storage HDD from the old PC and plugged it into my new PC. I was able to access files perfectly. I shut down the computer normally for the weekend. When I turn the computer back on 2 days later, the additional drive...
  10. The BitLocker encryption on this device isn't compatible with your version of Windows.

The BitLocker encryption on this device isn't compatible with your version of Windows.: My old PC crashed. I got a new PC. I removed the additional storage HDD from the old PC and plugged it into my new PC. I was able to access files perfectly. I shut down the computer normally for the weekend. When I turn the computer back on 2 days later, the additional drive...